Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tired Epic Fail GIF by RiffTrax

confident this gets done, but fuck me do we make a meal of it.

wonder what Pedro makes of all this penny-pinching...

One of my favourite players to watch these past couple of years, at Sporting. I thought it was inevitable he would end up back at City, or at Real Madrid or Barcelona

Unsurprisingly though, perhaps just maybe he will end up at the better team than them all..

:levyeyes:

He had a falling out with Pep
"Sporting Lisbon and Manchester City are playing for ticket to the Champions League quarter-finals. This will be a special tie for Pedro Porro due to everything that has happened to him at City, and he has had a dig at Pep Guardiola during his pre-match press conference.

"No, I never spoke to Pep Guardiola. I don't think he even knew they had signed me. But they must be aware of how I've been performing", the Spanish international said recently to 'A Bola'.

However, Guardiola has not taken kindly to the player's sarcasm. "I know about it perfectly well, but we have 250 transfers and I can't speak to them all", admitted the City boss in his press conference before the last 16 tie.

"I am happy that he is doing well, and of course I know about him. I watched a lot of games and sometimes he played, other times he didn't", added Guardiola, who at the same time, showered the current Portuguese champions with praise.

Pedro Porro signed for the English club in August 2019, when the Cityzens bought him for 12 million euros from Girona. He was then loaned to Valladolid for a season before ending up in Portugal, where he will continue to stay if Sporting decide to release the option to buy clause they have for the Spaniard."

I'm sure it's not "this easy". But if he's worth 35-40M, why not activate the buy back for 20M, then sell him and make 15-20?

Must be something in the buy-back contract that requires the player/club to agree on wages that would make it harder to sell him?

Can't buy and sell a player in the same window IIRC.

Probably just not worth the ball-ache for a minted petro-club.

I'm sure it's not "this easy". But if he's worth 35-40M, why not activate the buy back for 20M, then sell him and make 15-20?

Must be something in the buy-back contract that requires the player/club to agree on wages that would make it harder to sell him?
He can't sign for them and then go somewhere else until the summer. You can only register for 2 clubs in the season.

Also, he would have to want to sign for City I believe. I doubt he can be sold or forced to go there, its just a case that they could step-in and sign him for their agreed price IF he wanted it.

Lastly, they would, if both the above didn't apply, need to know they had a buyer lined up to make it worth it.

Back
Top Bottom