Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moved this discussion from the WC thread.
I'm talking about beating players rather than midfield mastery. I think that video is a false advertisement if you were in the market for a Paulinho...
41XbqHI.jpg

So he was pretty good against Stoke. Green stars are dribbles, green diamonds are interceptions, green +s are recouping the ball, and green xs are tackles.

This is close to magisterial, considering what happened to him.

Moved this discussion from the WC thread.
41XbqHI.jpg

So he was pretty good against Stoke. Green stars are dribbles, green diamonds are interceptions, green +s are recouping the ball, and green xs are tackles.

This is close to magisterial, considering what happened to him.

The Stoke game was one of the better performances of any player we have all year. He was on fire. Unfortunately we haven't really seen that player any other time this season.

I'm hoping he's just preserving himself for the World Cup and comes back really committed and confident next season. My only concern is how to balance both him and Dembele since I think they are very similar. Both good players but can they play together? They are both box to box players and both like to carry and hold the ball but neither can really pick a pass. We've looked too slow and ponderous when they've played together. It will be an interesting conundrum for the next manager.

I think I must be losing it So many people on here rate him but I only see Paulinho as really average. Most of the time when I watch us, I forget he's playing.
People rate him because he's part of the Brazil set-up, not because he's distinguished himself at Spurs.

Won't lie, I'm losing my patience with him.

Sherwood singled out his performance. I didn't notice him too much but he had a big statistical day (goal, 1 key pass, 5 successful tackles, 3 interceptions, 3 clearances) so maybe I just overlooked him. He has a lot responsibility in the center playing next to Chadli. Good to see him put in the performance our manager wanted.

I very much hope that he plays alongside Bentaleb, Dembele or Sandro in our upcoming road games. Need to be slightly stronger in the midfield as neither Stoke or West Ham are bad sides.

Was at the game yesterday and really noticed Paulinho's workrate. Tracked his men well, chased balls down, best display in lilywhite hes had for me.

He looked to be building up form before Charlie Adam killed him, I think the couple of games before that he was at his peak, he was brilliant. Seems he's struggled to get back to that since, but I have confidence he'll come good next season with a more settled manager and team.

He looked to be building up form before Charlie Adam killed him, I think the couple of games before that he was at his peak, he was brilliant. Seems he's struggled to get back to that since, but I have confidence he'll come good next season with a more settled manager and team.
Charlie Fucking Adam. Now, I'll be voting 'no' in the upcoming referendum debate. I just hope there's an additional 'do you wish Charlie fucking Adam to be disassociated with anything to do with Scotland' question.

Think he's capable both defensively and offensively but doesn't seem able to do both at the same time. Think in the first half he seemed to pick up the ball from the centre backs as often as he could and kind of conduct play compared to the second half where that seemed shared between him and Chadli and Paulinho seemed to roam defensively, from memory he seemed to get a good number of interceptions and just disrupted things a bit more which was needed. Still hoping for a fully committed Paulinho post World Cup though.

I think there's a good player in there, we've seen bits and pieces all season. Can win the ball, make good runs into the box, hit the ball, pick a pass etc. Just not consistently done them.

Back
Top Bottom