Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont give a fuck. Scolari doesnt pick the Spurs side.

You want some weak minded puppet picking players to please national managers in world cup season, then good for you.

Im pretty sure LvG, or SAF would tell them to get fucked too.

Paulinho has been fucking shit, and if his attitude and form is not there in training, he shouldnt be picked.

I have seen nothing from him to suggest he would have done ANY better up at Liverpool.

I dont give a fuck. Scolari doesnt pick the Spurs side.

You want some weak minded puppet picking players to please national managers in world cup season, then good for you.

Im pretty sure LvG, or SAF would tell them to get fucked too.

Paulinho has been fucking shit, and if his attitude and form is not there in training, he shouldnt be picked.

I have seen nothing from him to suggest he would have done ANY better up at Liverpool.
No and I don't disagree. But there's a lot of politics in football nowadays and some rookie manager not playing a big international player has a serious chance of hurting us in the future if Scolari chooses to pull a few strings.

No and I don't disagree. But there's a lot of politics in football nowadays and some rookie manager not playing a big international player has a serious chance of hurting us in the future if Scolari chooses to pull a few strings.

And as I said....I want a manager who picks his teams based on what he sees in training, as opposed to one who picks his team because he is shitting his pants over the politics of national team managers.

If Scolari wants to manage Paulinho in Tottenhams midfield, he can apply for the Tottenham job.

And as I said....I want a manager who picks his teams based on what he sees in training, as opposed to one who picks his team because he is shitting his pants over the politics of national team managers.

If Scolari wants to manage Paulinho in Tottenhams midfield, he can apply for the Tottenham job.

Fair enough. Maybe it won't harm us but I really think we shouldn't be pissing off Brazil's manager.

Jenas used to be shit-hot in training. Shall we get him back to add some steel?

I'd like a manager who can see that effort expended in training is not directly proportionate to ability to influence matches; that constant egotistical posturing is not the way to earn respect in a career that you have no fucking experience in; that sitting in the stands reeks of trying to look clever but having no ideas, like a lower-rent Allardyce; that being proudly unable to control your temper is a trait usually seen in League Two managers; that ten games of Ade trying a bit doesn't mean you've figured him out and that he will continue to do so.

Some idea of how to set up a team would be a bonus.

I'd like a manager who can see that effort expended in training is not directly proportionate to ability to influence matches; that constant egotistical posturing is not the way to earn respect in a career that you have no fucking experience in; that sitting in the stands reeks of trying to look clever but having no ideas, like a lower-rent Allardyce; t that ten games of Ade trying a bit doesn't mean you've figured him out and that he will continue to do so.
Nailed it

Jenas used to be shit-hot in training. Shall we get him back to add some steel?

I'd like a manager who can see that effort expended in training is not directly proportionate to ability to influence matches; that constant egotistical posturing is not the way to earn respect in a career that you have no fucking experience in; that sitting in the stands reeks of trying to look clever but having no ideas, like a lower-rent Allardyce; that being proudly unable to control your temper is a trait usually seen in League Two managers; that ten games of Ade trying a bit doesn't mean you've figured him out and that he will continue to do so.

Some idea of how to set up a team would be a bonus.

Im not talking about Sherwoods faults. He has many.

But one of them is not benching Paulinho.

Or refusing to change his mind and play Paulinho because the Brazil manager wants him to.

Who was it at the Spam of old (think it was Spam) - didn't they used to say someone like Bobby Moore or similar didn't ever train and couldn't be bothered in training and would be red in the face and puffing like mad after 5 mins, but was one of the best footballers on match day you'd ever see.

Who was it? Any help? I've not nothing to go on that would be useful in Google..

If Paulinho was in that bracket, Scolari might have a point

Not saying he has been, just adding weight to the notion that Tim seems to only pick a team that performs well in a sports center each morning and not in from of a full stadium of a pressure cooker at 3pm, which is stupid.

Not saying he has been, just adding weight to the notion that Tim seems to only pick a team that performs well in a sports center each morning and not in from of a full stadium of a pressure cooker at 3pm, which is stupid.

To be fair, I dont see anyone on our bench that has has been unjustifiably dropped or deserves more game time, or even has had some superior influence in games.

Anyone see his recent interview?

"You are told before coming to Europe that big teams here quite often rotate players," he told The Guardian.

"I respect this culture but it is instinctive for me to get annoyed if I don't play every game. I always want to be on the pitch, much as I know it is my first season here and how difficult it is for a South American player to adapt to the demands of the Premier League."

Paulinho insists that he respects any decision taken by Sherwood, who was critical of the Brazilian this week by insisting he would not be picked purely on his reputation.

"Sherwood is in charge and every manager has a style. It's his call if he wants to publicly criticise the players," he said.

"It's up to each one of us to have a clean conscience about what they are doing for the team.

"I am very comfortable in saying that I have been working hard and trying to do what the club signed me for.

"The manager and the fans have the right to be upset at the team.

"A team like ours should not have been routed in those games. But the players know it.

"It's just important we stand together at the bad times too.

"I can assure you nobody at the club will be happy if we fail to qualify for the Champions League. One of the reasons I came to this club was to help them play at the top level."

Very level headed, smart interview. Also seems more than willing to fight for his place. Can we please put to rest this argument now?

To be fair, I dont see anyone on our bench that has has been unjustifiably dropped or deserves more game time, or even has had some superior influence in games.

Capoue and Chadli were, earlier in the season. I'm not sure why Kane was picked over Soldado against Benfica either.

I think a lot of surprises have been the likes of Bentaleb against top four rivals or in the NLD. Not because he's incapable of performing at all, but because most of our goals conceded have been due to mistakes (from a number of players), sometimes it's better to have someone play a little less spectacularly but whilst being solid and with a cooler head.

It's generally down to what Sherwood has said though, not necessarily what he has done.

Back
Top Bottom