Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Capoue and Chadli were, earlier in the season. I'm not sure why Kane was picked over Soldado against Benfica either.

Soldado hasnt deserved to start any more than Kane has, and Capoue is another player who seems to miraculously become world class from not playing, and ends up a MUST start player to people.

Chadli I agree...maybe should replace Lennon, but dont really know how he is on the right.

Last edited:
Soldado hasnt deserved to start any more than Kane has, and Capoue is another player who seems to miraculously become world class from not playing ends up a MUST start player to people.

Chadli I agree...maybe should replace Lennon, but dont really know how he is on the right.

He's looked better on the right if I remember correctly. I know people have been complaining about Bentaleb but of all the players starting Lennon is the one who deserves to be dropped, especially with the competition just behind him.

Who was it at the Spam of old (think it was Spam) - didn't they used to say someone like Bobby Moore or similar didn't ever train and couldn't be bothered in training and would be red in the face and puffing like mad after 5 mins, but was one of the best footballers on match day you'd ever see.

Who was it? Any help? I've not nothing to go on that would be useful in Google..
Jimmy Greaves was the same, one of the laziest trainers ever, but the best goal scorer in the world.

This isn't about Paulinho in particular as we have no idea what is true or not about the happens at the club but rather about training in general.

The average UK income is about £27,000 per year. Most footballers at Spurs make double to triple that in a week. If you can't show up and train at least 75% then why the fuck do you deserve anything? People who say training doesn't matter have obviously never played a sport. The mentality of your team and pretty much everything else starts on the training pitch. If you let players fuck it off then you set a horrendous precedent and you will never be a successful club or team. Training is the most important thing there is to prepare to be a good team. 100% effort is necessity. It doesn't matter if you're Pele in terms of talent m Any successful coach or player will tell you that. Rewarding someone who is not training hard is one of the worst precedents you can set.

Also, these guys are doubling our yearly salaries in a week and we are subsidizing their salaries with our money and they can't even be bothered to play a sport (which is fundamentally a child's game) for a couple of hours a day? Do me a favor.

I don't care if the manager is fucking Benito Mussolini at the end of the day all you have to do is play football with a little effort for awhile. The manager doesn't motivate you? Well play for the fans or even yourself! But as long as I'm giving the club money I'll always be sickened by lack of effort. We save money for shirts, flags, away trips, beer etc and they can't be bothered when they are making multi millions? Might as well spit in the away fans eyes after the game instead of applauding them.

Once again this is not directed at Paulinho in particular but rather the player's malaise and those who think it's okay.

This isn't about Paulinho in particular as we have no idea what is true or not about the happens at the club but rather about training in general.

The average UK income is about £27,000 per year. Most footballers at Spurs make double to triple that in a week. If you can't show up and train at least 75% then why the fuck do you deserve anything? People who say training doesn't matter have obviously never played a sport. The mentality of your team and pretty much everything else starts on the training pitch. If you let players fuck it off then you set a horrendous precedent and you will never be a successful club or team. Training is the most important thing there is to prepare to be a good team. 100% effort is necessity. It doesn't matter if you're Pele in terms of talent m Any successful coach or player will tell you that. Rewarding someone who is not training hard is one of the worst precedents you can set.

Also, these guys are doubling our yearly salaries in a week and we are subsidizing their salaries with our money and they can't even be bothered to play a sport (which is fundamentally a child's game) for a couple of hours a day? Do me a favor.

I don't care if the manager is fucking Benito Mussolini at the end of the day all you have to do is play football with a little effort for awhile. The manager doesn't motivate you? Well play for the fans or even yourself! But as long as I'm giving the club money I'll always be sickened by lack of effort. We save money for shirts, flags, away trips, beer etc and they can't be bothered when they are making multi millions? Might as well spit in the away fans eyes after the game instead of applauding them.

Once again this is not directed at Paulinho in particular but rather the player's malaise and those who think it's okay.

I don't think anyone has said it's "okay" to not train or to not bother, the overall point was that a player should not be judged soley on his performance in training as it's a well known fact that some of the best footballers of the last century we not the best trainers.

No amount of time on the training ground prepares you for the mentality required to get through 90mins+ of angry fans at a big stadium.

I don't think anyone has said it's "okay" to not train or to not bother, the overall point was that a player should not be judged soley on his performance in training as it's a well known fact that some of the best footballers of the last century we not the best trainers.

No amount of time on the training ground prepares you for the mentality required to get through 90mins+ of angry fans at a big stadium.

They should both be taken in consideration but if you are abject in training and haven't proved it on the field then what do you deserve? Just because Bobby Moore was shit in training doesn't mean anything to anyone at Tottenham. It's the defintion of strawman and logical fallacy. Plain and simple they are connected concepts.

Overall, everyone who has ever played competitive football whether as a child or as a professional knows that if you find yourself out favor the way to get yourself back into favor is to train your nuts off. No one has ever improved their position by bunking off training.

I dont give a fuck. Scolari doesnt pick the Spurs side.

You want some weak minded puppet picking players to please national managers in world cup season, then good for you.

Im pretty sure LvG, or SAF would tell them to get fucked too.

Paulinho has been fucking shit, and if his attitude and form is not there in training, he shouldnt be picked.

I have seen nothing from him to suggest he would have done ANY better up at Liverpool.

Its true, Scolari does not pick the Spurs side. You can't argue with science.

IMO it's also true that Paulino's form (along with everyone elses) is in tatters because our managers have made spectacularly bad choices when it comes to team shape and personnel.

If you are not at the peak of physical fitness then you don't deserve to be considered to play in the 'big stadiums'. Mental and physical go together.

Couldn't get much of a read on Paulinho's performance tonight. Good thing it's Scolari who picks the team and not me.

I think you judge it by they had 3 in midfield and they really did not see the light of day. Cattermole, Ki etc were ghosts. Yes Cattermole scored but that is a freak event.

We had the midfield locked up.

Thought he seemed much more active (is that the word?) last night, seemed to want the ball a lot more than I can remember and was getting into some decent positions in and around the box. Hard to judge really though, as they were playing Sunderland who were pretty woeful. Still, I think he put a really good shift in and I even saw him go in for a 50/50 tackle!

Interesting that Bentaleb was playing regularly at the expense of Paulie.
Now Paulie playing at the expense of Bentaleb.
This more about someone else picking the side than Tim.
I smell Levy in the background wanting to maintain the Paulie trade options, al Levy needs now is high exposure of Brazil in the WC.
If there is to be a sale of any in the magnificent 7, then my bet is on Paulie.

Interesting that Bentaleb was playing regularly at the expense of Paulie.
Now Paulie playing at the expense of Bentaleb.
This more about someone else picking the side than Tim.
I smell Levy in the background wanting to maintain the Paulie trade options, al Levy needs now is high exposure of Brazil in the WC.
If there is to be a sale of any in the magnificent 7, then my bet is on Paulie.

IMO both should play with the beast and Capoue out. We need to get solid ASAP and we need a well rounded midfield to stop the rot.

I think Paulinho putting in a solid shift hints to him being back in shape. I think Bentaleb needs more mins to keep him at peak too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom