Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am looking forward to seeing what Njie may be able to do. Yes he's young and raw, but I just have a feeling about him for some reason. A feeling that he will come good.

I'd like to keep him but if Poch would rather N'Koudou then fair enough.

Clinton playing in a 4-4-2 Diamond as a striker scored 7 goals in 37 games.

N'Koudou playing as a left midfielder in a team with less quality scored 5 in 27 games.

Just some bollocks stats I'm throwing out their.

According to a 'well-place Tottenham source', N'jie wants out.

Tottenham transfer news: N'jie to tell Spurs chiefs he wants to quit

36495354.jpg

If that's true, that might be one of the weirdest transfer stories I've heard. What if Clinton hadn't been home? What if he'd pulled a DeAndre Jordan on him? Very strange.
The outgoing president who won't even be there if he goes makes it even more weird.
Apparently Poch and Mitchell told him they wanted him to stay he agreed despite phone calls from their coach and some other geezer, which had no effect on his decision, so the outgoing president flew over to persuade him, unannounced, and stayed up with Clint till 3am.
So, I take it N'jie didn't have to be in for gruelling training on Tuesday morning then?

Edit: I take it that the outgoing president would have to get permission to approach one of our players like this, wouldn't he?

The outgoing president who won't even be there if he goes makes it even more weird.
Apparently Poch and Mitchell told him they wanted him to stay he agreed despite phone calls from their coach and some other geezer, which had no effect on his decision, so the outgoing president flew over to persuade him, unannounced, and stayed up with Clint till 3am.
So, I take it N'jie didn't have to be in for gruelling training on Tuesday morning then?

Edit: I take it that the outgoing president would have to get permission to approach one of our players like this, wouldn't he?

627500.gif

We have done some very good business over the last few seasons but this Clinton signing seemed odd from the start. By all accounts he was very raw and early in his development. (I think that showed when he actually got on the pitch for us as well). He clearly has upside though and pace.

So why after one season have we apparently moved on from him? The club won't openly say that but they are signing another player very similar in all aspects.

So did they think Clinton would hit the ground running. did they see something in him that they have doubts he will come good? Is their other concerns we don't know about (off pitch)? Did our title charge change their timetable on players like him?

the whole situation is strange to me

Back
Top Bottom