Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
thumbs-down.jpg

I understand that Levy doesn't care about the fans' recation, but what about the sponsors? Don't they realise that people will hate the partnership and a loathe their logo/company? And that people will refrain from buying new kits precisely because of their logo?

I don't know business, but it seems like a strange choice to me.

I imagine If it's 5 years then it's a big one. I can't remember a time when we had such a long term sponsorship agreement.

But really, it feels like levy trolling again with the red on the shirt. I don't expect a professional board to put logo colour very high on their list of priorities for sponsors, but surely someone could have a word with aia about it? I guess if they are an Asian company then they will want to protect their corporate identity and ensure they have the 'lucky' color.

Still you have to laugh. Club says out the tout - signs a deal with stubhub.
Club says never red - puts red on the club shirt
What's next? Are they going to start a second hotspur?
I think the second Hotspur is just arround the corner if the NFL groundshare rumours are to be believed…….London Hotspurs anyone?

I understand that Levy doesn't care about the fans' recation, but what about the sponsors? Don't they realise that people will hate the partnership and a loathe their logo/company? And that people will refrain from buying new kits precisely because of their logo?

I don't know business, but it seems like a strange choice to me.

Read the press release

This long-term partnership will provide a platform for both organisations to work together to grow brand awareness in key markets across the Asia-Pacific region.

losing out on a few hundred shirt sales in North London doesn't even come into consideration

...losing out on a few hundred shirt sales in North London doesn't even come into consideration

I imagine you're right.

Manchester United have said only 1% of their fans are from the U.K.

AIA's website says 180 Spurs fans worldwide, 80mil from Asia.

Oh wait, Asians don't buy...they MAKE.

used to work for AIA in aus. sent me around china and HK for quite a while. good times. still.. the red dun sit well. funny that after the GFC, 90% of the hong kong staff were out on their arses. The 10% drive the trams now it seems.

could have been worse, imagine having to wear the initials of a sponsor named Alternative .. Fashion... Company or Atlantic Financing Corporation written in red as well..

Back
Top Bottom