Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
I don't agree with it, but Levy tends to put the #neverred tradition to one side when it comes to shirt sponsors, doing what is best financially rather than cherry-picking from companies that don't have red logos (same as with AIA).

I think it is evident though from browsing the Spurs shop that we don't actively promote or choose to design clothing with red on them.

Your "little Singaporean" friend (your reference to his height might be subtle racism? :holtbytongue:) is wearing an actual red scarf with Spurs all over it. If there was anything like it in the Spurs shop, I would genuinely write to Levy in disgust.

Love the America comment as well :ade:

I fuckin love that show. Used to be on Challenge all the time. Classic TV. You've made my day with that mate!

Haha no, the little was intended to be emphasis on harmless rather than height.

I think the scarf is red on the reverse, as is the writing. Regardless, I don't think the guy went out and bought a red scarf intentionally.
I also don't see the hate for the half/half in that context, it's perhaps like a match program to visitors who travel a long way, like proof that they went to that particular match.
I mean, to be honest, the anti-red thing is hardly on the T+C's, if someone doesn't know about it I don't think it's quite the outrage that people make it out to be that the guy's scarf has red on the wrong side of it.

I mean, the wrong side of London is red :ade:

Haha no, the little was intended to be emphasis on harmless rather than height.

I think the scarf is red on the reverse, as is the writing. Regardless, I don't think the guy went out and bought a red scarf intentionally.
I also don't see the hate for the half/half in that context, it's perhaps like a match program to visitors who travel a long way, like proof that they went to that particular match.
I mean, to be honest, the anti-red thing is hardly on the T+C's, if someone doesn't know about it I don't think it's quite the outrage that people make it out to be that the guy's scarf has red on the wrong side of it.

I mean, the wrong side of London is red :ade:
How do you know he is harmless? The scarf might be red because it's blood-stained from his last victim. :adeninja:

Reverse or not, it needs burning.

I don't think intentional either, but a foolish decision none-the-less.

I think the half and half scalfes scarvs (can't fuckin spell it!!!) are hated amongst the regulars because they are seen as a souvenir for tourists in the stands, and no self-respecting true fan would buy one. I don't have any strong feelings on them, and I wouldn't even say I wouldn't buy one that had red on it (say for instance we play Bayern Munich in the CL final next season, which is possible) but I wouldn't wear it - it would be (as you said) a token - "I was at this fixture".

I don't want the guy shot by firing squad, but it was a poor decision and if he is willing to travel thousands of miles as a Spurs fan to see WHL, I would expect him to be better informed, or more knowledgeable.

Red is a neurotically lucky colour for Asians, I'm sure they think it's luckier to wear a little red than to hate the main colour of our local rival's shirt? Certainly doesn't warrant disrespect.

After all, Woolwich have red white and blue on their shirts, I mean I 'get' why you're anti-red, but it's a little unhealthy to knock a fan's (or actually, a whole continent's) superstitions over it

Asians are wrong we are right.

Red sucks balls.

How do you know he is harmless? The scarf might be red because it's blood-stained from his last victim. :adeninja:

Reverse or not, it needs burning.

I don't think intentional either, but a foolish decision none-the-less.

I think the half and half scalfes scarvs (can't fuckin spell it!!!) are hated amongst the regulars because they are seen as a souvenir for tourists in the stands, and no self-respecting true fan would buy one. I don't have any strong feelings on them, and I wouldn't even say I wouldn't buy one that had red on it (say for instance we play Bayern Munich in the CL final next season, which is possible) but I wouldn't wear it - it would be (as you said) a token - "I was at this fixture".

I don't want the guy shot by firing squad, but it was a poor decision and if he is willing to travel thousands of miles as a Spurs fan to see WHL, I would expect him to be better informed, or more knowledgeable.

Whilst I agree, I'm not sure how a fan that's not on this forum or really exposed somehow to the inner sanctum of english football (for example, average asian fans) would know that it's an issue due to the red we've had splashed on the shirt for over 10 years. He might assume we think it's just as lucky as he does.

Just seemed a little selective, is all. Fact is, until we get a bigger stadium or more income from fans in asia (where 60% of people are) then we can't be that fussy over sponsors and such - due to the superstitions, they're unlikely to want to change the colour of their logo, too.

Whilst I agree, I'm not sure how a fan that's not on this forum or really exposed somehow to the inner sanctum of english football (for example, average asian fans) would know that it's an issue due to the red we've had splashed on the shirt for over 10 years. He might assume we think it's just as lucky as he does.

Just seemed a little selective, is all. Fact is, until we get a bigger stadium or more income from fans in asia (where 60% of people are) then we can't be that fussy over sponsors and such - due to the superstitions, they're unlikely to want to change the colour of their logo, too.
Fair point. Still think Ledley should have said something :ledley:

60% for now - until WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE sanctions a mass nuclear bomb raid and brings their populations back into line.

Fair point. Still think Ledley should have said something :ledley:

60% for now - until WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE sanctions a mass nuclear bomb raid and brings their populations back into line.

To be fair, Ledley doesn't know what Red looks like

Ledley king was never sent off and only ever received 10 yellow cards in over 320 appearances

Only just remembered this possible bit of ITK about the kit for next season. I was on the train to the Lane on the day of the Everton home match and overheard some scousers talking, one of worked for Under Armour (so he says, but who would make that up...) and he was saying that our kits for next season are 'trying to be Chelsea'. Saying that the away kit is very similar to Chelsea's third kit this season, so presumably it's black?

There's my useless bit of unreliable ITK anyway.

Only just remembered this possible bit of ITK about the kit for next season. I was on the train to the Lane on the day of the Everton home match and overheard some scousers talking, one of worked for Under Armour (so he says, but who would make that up...) and he was saying that our kits for next season are 'trying to be Chelsea'. Saying that the away kit is very similar to Chelsea's third kit this season, so presumably it's black?

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/12/exclusive-chelsea-14-15-home-and-away.html

If this article and what you heard are accurate, perhaps we're going with yellow and dark blue as our away and 3rd kits.

Chelsea+14-15+Away+Kit.jpg

Interesting. As far as design goes, I can only guess that means a rather simple kit with stripes on the edges. Wouldn't be surprised if UA, in their experimentation, decides to with a t-shirt style collar which they've yet to toy with. Hope not, as I've always preferred the v-neck styled collars (either polo or straight v).

Fuck, I hate this time of year when all of the rumoured 'new' kits start to be leaked - it means there's not much football left before my Tottenham withdrawal syndrome kicks in again.

:avbmad:

Back
Top Bottom