New goalkeeper

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's wrong with big Fraser Forster? Given a run the big man is top class. I would not be surprised to see Ange give him a chance and bring the best out of him

When he single handedly denied Barcelona for Celtic, the Spanish press labelled him "The Great Wall"
This was over 10 years ago, in one game.

He's still a decent shot stopper, seems like a good presence in the dressing room and worth keeping as a back-up.

What's wrong with big Fraser Forster? Given a run the big man is top class. I would not be surprised to see Ange give him a chance and bring the best out of him

When he single handedly denied Barcelona for Celtic, the Spanish press labelled him "The Great Wall"
He is an adequate back up keeper likeable and decent - his weakness appears to be shots on target which to be fair is a rather big flaw in a keeper

Because if we're basing a player on performances over a decade ago, we may as well just keep Hugo Lloris.

FyHjBBWWAAYr0cy
I’ve been warming towards Yehvann Diouf and glad to see that chart back me up.

At 23 he’s still a baby in keeper terms as well.

Raya has noticeable holes in his game (short passing) and I’m biased against keepers under 188cm tall.

Brentford signing Flekker just shows how ahead of the game they are.

He is an adequate back up keeper likeable and decent - his weakness appears to be shots on target which to be fair is a rather big flaw in a keeper
Ange can polish turds. He even revived Joe Hart into being able to make a save 😁 you will be surprised how much he can improve players. He might get big Fraz playing well again. Some players you think are useless may well end up being key players

I don’t know much about his performances but a couple of colleagues mentioned De Zerbi won’t play him due to the contractual stuff

RDZ is quoted as saying that the exclusion is "what the player wants".........

M'thinks he's not being entirely honest there and as we've already noted from some of his behaviour this season... He can be a prickly cunt when he wants to be.

Last edited:
RDZ is quoted as saying that the exclusion is "what the player wants".........

M'thinks he's not being entirely honest there and as we've already noted from some of his behaviour this season... He can be a pickly cunt when he wants to be.
Probably a bit of club spin and a bit of genuinely not wanting to get injured to force a move I guess. I’ve not seen too much of Sanchez - from the bits I have seen I always thought he was a bit erratic. But then lost keepers have an error in them even Allison and Ederson so not sure if Sanchez is way more good than bad

Could you imagine the uproar on here if our big replacement for Lloris was someone that 95% of people on here hadn't heard of?
It’s on the club to remain forthright. Once the fans see said player in action, they’ll be onside.

Honestly if you get swayed by fan opinion then you get into trouble.

Spurs fans want “big names” but can’t seem to grasp that there’s at least half a dozen clubs, maybe fifteen that are more attractive right now.

Said on the Brentford thread, that I'd like us to sign Emiliano Martínez
We could do with his 'cuntishness' IMO.
I would be delighted if we signed Emiliano Martínez.
Not everyone's cup of tea, however, he would be an upgrade to a declined Hugo and a great addition to the club.
With Hugo having played his last game for us, I really do hope we replace him with Emiliano Martínez.
Been a big fan on various threads of Martinez since the WC.

I still think he'd be a great addition.

Back
Top Bottom