New goalkeeper

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope the club is looking to sign a new keeper this coming summer, or we might find ourselves in a relegation scrap come next season.
Lafont seems like an interesting prospect. Danny Ward from Leicester?

youd like to think that if youre paid to actually scout all the keepers in the top leagues it wouldn't be too hard to find a decent one. its the least complex position on a football pitch. they just need to be able to actually play out with their feet these days, the rest of it has been the same since day dot.

Don't think there's ever been a weaker time for goalkeeping, no real outstanding keepers about any more Personally, I'd go for Andries Noppert from Herenveen and Christian Fruchtl from Austria Vienna as 2 nd choice to him.

Got this fear that wakes me up at night....I think we'll sign Pickford. I just do.🫣
Hopefully, with Parafucki gone, we won't.

If we want a psychotic nutjob struggling to live up to potential, Nubel would be far more fun than Jurassic Twat

Though the way we seem to sign more and more twattish players, I am worried!

If we sign that Argie cunt Martinez, I'll be utterly devastated

I hope the club is looking to sign a new keeper this coming summer, or we might find ourselves in a relegation scrap come next season.
Lafont seems like an interesting prospect. Danny Ward from Leicester?
I have been watching football for 60 years now and think that Danny Ward is the worst goaltender I have ever seen at the PremierLeague / First division level in all that time. He looks like an outfielder player covering for an injured Goalie.

I'm not really the biggest Pickford fan in the world but frankly we could do far worse than getting him in. I've never really understood all the hate he gets on here; he doesn't have a great deal of weaknesses in his overall game, he's currently a much, much better GK than Lloris and he's English which would solve problems for us, on top he's at Everton who have a decent chance of being relegated and even if not, would probably be receptive to a sale of Pickford to fix even bigger gaping holes in that dumpster fire of a squad. I'd prefer Raya if we can get him since I think he's also HG(?) who looks to be the better keeper but if we can get Pickford in the range of £20-25m as a stop gap for a few years I'm not mad at it.

If I may interject, it's because he's really really bad.
I really don't think he is. There's a reason he keeps Ramsdale out of the England team, and it's not because Ramsdale is shit either, gooner though he may be. Everton are shit from back to front, Pickford is 3rd in the league for saves (only Leno and Raya have more) which says a lot about how many shots he faces. You would have to be the lovechild of Lev Yashin and Pat Jennings to look good in that side. As I said I'd rather have Raya but sense we would face stiff competition for him from the likes of Man Utd and others, I think we'd have a pretty free run at Pickford and if we can't get Raya I'd settle for him. Literally the only thing I think he doesn't do "adequately" or "well" at the very least is dealing with crosses, but if we sort the defence out that shouldn't be too big of a sacrifice, every keeper has weaknesses.

Yes, because Gareth Southgate isn't much good either.

Pickford is actually a lot like Lloris, the current version. Capable of the occasionally acrobatic, not capable of reliability or any of the non-shot stopping traits desired in the modern keeper.
It makes me laugh when people use the "he's an England regular" argument ! Maguire being a regular tells the whole story. International football is nowhere near the quality of the premier league & Southgate couldn't keep a job in League one.

Best Gif Wow GIF

Back
Top Bottom