New goalkeeper

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope the club is looking to sign a new keeper this coming summer, or we might find ourselves in a relegation scrap come next season.
Lafont seems like an interesting prospect. Danny Ward from Leicester?
I have been watching football for 60 years now and think that Danny Ward is the worst goaltender I have ever seen at the PremierLeague / First division level in all that time. He looks like an outfielder player covering for an injured Goalie.

I hope the club is looking to sign a new keeper this coming summer, or we might find ourselves in a relegation scrap come next season.
Lafont seems like an interesting prospect. Danny Ward from Leicester?

I'd be happy with Raya.. watch plenty of Brentford and have been impressed with him most weeks, except for one game where he had a short pass intercepted and the opposition scored. Tbh, going on eye test I think he looks very capable technically of playing the ball short and controlling it well, his short% and the few chances he's coughed up can be linked to how Brentford are set up, how the intend to play. His long passing from ground and hand are a genuine asset to any team. Always seemed to be a robust keeper, not big but physically quite strong and does plenty during a game to relieve pressure on his team, and rarely gives away silly goals. Brentford fans think the world of him, consider him top 3/4 gk in the league. Only few I'd have undisputably ahead of him are Maignan and Onana.. Costa is a crazy price, and looks talented, but also had an incredibly messy world cup.. and Raya has the hg thing going for him. Get him in for 30m or a shade more and I think its a good move for us.

Pickford for me. I don't give a flying fuck about his personality, it's his goalkeeping prowess that matters. He knows how to distribute the ball as well, will make a nice change from old rubber wrists who either kicks it to the opposition or into touch every time.
Ironically, your username is a good description of Pickford's arms!

Back
Top Bottom