Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some people are writing him off which is an absolute joke. Sure he didn't start well although that is exaggerated by a lot of people. One poor gome away to United, a 15 minute sub appearance in the Stoke debacle and a very good 90 minutes against Everton was the only game time he got before his injury.

He'll have a fight on his hands to get back in the team, but he's a superb player and a great professional. I thought he was a our best midfielder last season personally aswell.

Can't wait to have him back in the mix.

People doubting Mason and Bentaleb can't make their way back to the team and are not good enough need to look at their highlights in the game against Woolwich at the lane last season. They were running around like rabid dogs closing down anything in sight!!

Ryan Mason (24 yrs)/Nabil Bentaleb (20 yrs)/Dele Alli (19 yrs)/Eric Dier (20 yrs)

All young. And the best part, each player is different in a subtle way. Cannot wait to see each of them grow and fulfill their potential!!

VDHCoOC.png

Those 4 players are good but I think we need someone a little bit more experienced. I think the other three are going to become a lot better than Mason too.

It wasn't a red card precaution. He was booked for his second consecutive match, so he's suspended for the first match of the next round anyways. Even if he got a second yellow, he'd have only been suspended for the next World Cup qualifier.

It was a nasty stamp by the Tanzanian defender. Bentaleb was down for 2-3 minutes and looked in considerable pain. Then he limped off, came back on and played for five minutes before being subbed off. Just hoping it's a light bruise that'll heal quickly so he doesn't miss anymore time with Spurs. Worst case scenario is heavy bruise, didn't seem like anything was broken or fractured.

I miss his hot-bloodedness.

As do I, but it's amazing to think that we have a number of midfield options now who have a real fire inside of them on occasion. Mason is a terrier, Lamela chops down with no remorse, Dier will run through anyone, Alli is young with no fear.

Long gone are the days that our midfield was based solely on quality and no substance. Love it.

We're gonna need Bentaleb with the Chrimbo period coming up - I'd like to see Poch resting a few
players for a game each in the coming weeks so they're all fit before the silly season.

Get the two derbies out of the way, then start resting them one by one I reckon.

Will be good to have him back in the fold, even if I think he'll struggle for minutes the way we've been playing lately.

I have been a huge supporter of Bentaleb (not on here, elsewhere), another 19 year old that was thrown into the fray along with Mason, both untested in the PL.
Like Alli, you simply can't level criticism at players of that age.
Ignore what goes wrong, praise what goes right.

Back
Top Bottom