Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

not sure as much as i like hoarding good players, his develoment may be better served by a loan to another PL club for regular football. Our midfield is going to be really competitive for places,so probably rather him on loan than a few games here and there

Thats never worked ever.

Thats never worked ever.

Rose? Caulker? Livermore?

Loans do two things, they ether show they should be in our 1st team or they put players who are good but not up to our standard in the shop window.

ether way its a win win for us, rather than having a young player rotting on the bench or in the reserves.

How did that work out? Rose and Livermore are shit, we hardly played Caulker and sold him. Townsend was also shit.

well it workedout because.
A. rose played well but has obvisiously failed to show that same potential in our first 11 (this is no fault of the loan system)
B. livermore i dont feel is up to our standard but it does look like we may get some decent $$$ for him
C. caulker we sold for good money (partly based on potential he showed whilst on loan, because as you said he didnt play much for us)

Not all players fire on loans (some dont get play time, others dont fit the system etc) this does not automatically mean then loan system doesnt work or we shouldnt pursue its use. Bentaleb i feel would be better served getting regular football, just my opinion though

How about.... bentaleb is potentially incredible. He's a young lad with a lot of learning & bulking up to do. He was thrown in at the deep end & paddled across every quarter of the pool. He is a star in the making & let's make sure he stays at WHL

How about.... bentaleb is potentially incredible. He's a young lad with a lot of learning & bulking up to do. He was thrown in at the deep end & paddled across every quarter of the pool. He is a star in the making & let's make sure he stays at WHL

dont think anyone is argueing we should sell him. Keeping him at WHL should be a priority.
However if you have followed him through the youth ranks you will realise he is primarily a number 10 and at worst a box to box midfielder. Who r you going to drop to fit bentaleb in? eriksen? Pauli?
nah, send him out on loan and foster his potential.

Fair enough. But I wonder how many times THFC will send out our best prospects to cater for our big signings?? I was no fan of intertim but the shining light was seeing the potential of Bentaleb. he will rip other teams to bits if we build him up mentally & physically over the next 18 months. I genuinely believe in this lad.
Yours sincerely
Tim

The Algerian fans went mental aparantly. Great stuff. Flares, pitch invasions. They had to turn the sprinklers on after full time to clear the pitch.

That romanian no. 6 looks a bit shit closing down that cross :levyeyes:
That romanian no. 6 looks a bit shit closing down that cross :levyeyes:

because our right back missing due to an injury (Matel),our manager put Vlad Chiriches (centre back) as right back ,and was a failure experiment, he played uncomfortable in that place,anyway algerians make tests matches before their world cup presence, (7 days remained until the competition begin,while our players wasn't with their minds on this match,friendly one,far away on form,thinking that they are in vacation now,not to play hard and intense,because we are not to have what to demonstrate in this moment,qualifiers for Euro 2016 will start in this september...so,this match algeria -romania 2-1,was interesting ,important one, just for Bentaleb and co.while Chiriches will have his wedding in just 2 days,so his mind was in another place :) definetely not in this match

well it workedout because.
A. rose played well but has obvisiously failed to show that same potential in our first 11 (this is no fault of the loan

Worked? One goal and no assists in the prem from Townsend worked? Rose was terrible. They ruined our season if anything and hampered Lamela and a left back signing.

because our right back missing due to an injury (Matel),our manager put Vlad Chiriches (centre back) as right back ,and was a failure experiment, he played uncomfortable in that place,anyway algerians make tests matches before their world cup presence, (7 days remained until the competition begin,while our players wasn't with their minds on this match,friendly one,far away on form,thinking that they are in vacation now,not to play hard and intense,because we are not to have what to demonstrate in this moment,qualifiers for Euro 2016 will start in this september...so,this match algeria -romania 2-1,was interesting ,important one, just for Bentaleb and co.while Chiriches will have his wedding in just 2 days,so his mind was in another place :) definetely not in this match

I think he should be a dm for us. What do you reckon?

Bentaleb - QUALITY. UNREAL first touch, people were a bit harsh on him and saying sherwood was playing him too much, but he deserved to be. Showed more heart than most of our team and hes only 19

You should know AVB liked to embed players slowly. Lloris as the prime example.

Yeah because he's an idiot. He did the same the same to Lloris. Also let Capoue rot until he got injured like Lamela. Also let Ade rot because of a disagreement.

Fair play to Tim. At least he gave us back Ade and brought through Bentaleb and got Kane playing well.

Back
Top Bottom