Nabil Bentaleb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just fades in and out sometimes for long periods during a game, is it attention deficit, lack of motivation or is he not a 90min player?

It's dim Tim giving him a more defensive role than he is used to. He is an am and that twAt puts him in as a digger. He handled himself well.

And I've never seen a lack of motivation or atention from him. For his age it's the opposite. He's looked at home.

Haven't been active in a while, probably because Bentaleb was benched, but I come with a short update.

So the consensus is that Bentaleb will be at the World Cup. Would be a real shock to see him cut from the provisional squad. But because he sat for two months during the end of the season, it's uncertain if he'll start in Brazil.

His direct competition is Medhi Lacen. A 29 year-old veteran (stand-in captain) who was instrumental in helping Getafe avoid relegation. While Bentaleb was sitting, Lacen was playing every single match. There is a small chance that the midfield three could be:

Lacen-Taider
Bentaleb

But I'm not too confident of taking on Belgium and their physical midfielders (Fellaini, Witsel) with Bentaleb as a pure DM.

What will be crucial in how matters proceed are the upcoming friendlies. Algeria plays Armenia on May 31st and Romania on June 4th. Bentaleb will probably start one of those matches and his performance could determine how much he plays in Brazil.

I'll be attending both matches as a journo, so if you guys have any sexy messages to pass on, I can try to shout them in to him in the chaotic mixed zone.

Will come back with another update after the friendlies.

Well pleased for Nabil. I so hope he isn't loaned out next season.

not sure as much as i like hoarding good players, his develoment may be better served by a loan to another PL club for regular football. Our midfield is going to be really competitive for places,so probably rather him on loan than a few games here and there

Watch Bentaleb and Dembo injure each other in a Gazza challenge.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo...Belgium-training-session-ahead-World-Cup.html

Close enough

close-enough-15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom