Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You really are sensationalist old bellend, aren't you? No-one hates Daws. Quite the opposite.

It's just that people see his faults like every player has. You, unfortunately are so intent on hugging Daws' nuts that they are evidently over both of your eyeballs.

Daws is one of my favourite Spurs players, but he's also a weak link in this squad these days.
Exactly, hes a poor poor player. Anyone who rates him highly is in cookoo land

On paper we have 4 good centre backs that could form a solid base. Our problem, as has been the case for several seasons now, is keeping at least 3 of them fit for a season. The constant changes forced on us means a partnership is never built up. We have no consistency at the back, which I personally feel is one of the most important aspects of a team. We need a solid foundation to build from, otherwise it's irrelevant what our strikers do if we are going to concede on such a regular basis.

Regardless of whether our defenders are good enough, if they can't stay fit, their talent is irrelevant.

I hope not hate Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever he deserves better than that. Proper captain but... Getting slower the nearer 30 he gets (he's close!). Character like that is needed though without a doubt. Asked cahspur cahspur what he thought about Lescott on a free, you?
Hi Dixie, I'm afraid if you go on some other forums it seems like hate to me. So many people can't stand our captain, and say the most disrespectful things about him.

Re Lescott on a free. Would love that.

Hi Dixie, I'm afraid if you go on some other forums it seems like hate to me. So many people can't stand our captain, and say the most disrespectful things about him.

Re Lescott on a free. Would love that.
Wow that's a shame. He has faults and we do need to strengthen at CB but people have shorts memories. Plus he's been loyal to Spurs and you can't say that about many players these days.

Bit disrespectful when its quite clear a lot of people do hate/dislike Dawson.
Jaydon Jaydon to get me started. It's also painfully obvious on other forums that I skim read.
Disrespectful, maybe. But even you can see his bias with this topic. Also, as far as I've seen, most people have nothing but respect for Daws, but understand and are frustrated by his obvious lack of top 6 quality.

I'm a sucker for a player who wears his heart on his sleeve and loves this club, like Daws does, but that does not blind me to the fact his is no longer good enough to start 20+ games for us any more. People like Greavesy need to accept this view, because it's obvious. It's not like there is a middle ground, Daws in not good enough. He used to be, but no longer.

Much like Ledley accepted he was no longer a positive influence on the side and retired, Daws must accept the same at Spurs. Not retire, because I do believe he's still Prem quality for some of the lower sides, but he's detrimental for us. It makes me as sad as anyone, but we have a job to do and ambitions to achieve and there is no time for passengers.

Michael Dawson for me will always be a Spurs Legend! But over time, the club has outgrown Daws. Bitter Sweet!
Personally (if he wanted to stay and be a bit-part player) I would give him a new contract. Part emotion based, part he can still be an influence in the dressing room, and around the training ground and in less "precious" encounters!

Plus he's been loyal to Spurs and you can't say that about many players these days.
have to ask yourself, if he was world class or saught after, would he be so loyal? He's not good enough to be offered the chance to play abroad in a high quality team but I'm pretty sure if he was, that 'loyalty' so many people on here go on about would be out the window.

have to ask yourself, if he was world class or saught after, would he be so loyal? He's not good enough to be offered the chance to play abroad in a high quality team but I'm pretty sure if he was, that 'loyalty' so many people on here go on about would be out the window.
He was loyal when there was a reported £9M offer from QPR on the table and AVB had told him he wasn't in his plans. Turned out we bloody needed him 3 months or so later so in answer to the question you pose, IMO yes he was/is loyal.

:( we need to terminate his contract with immediate affect! Things need to be done around here.

Terminate his contract?

Why? To make this club even less recognizable. Dawson is the type of player who should be here in one capacity or another for his whole career.

Even if we pair Vlad and Vertonghen as first choice next season, who do you think we can get to sit on our bench thats better than Dawson?

Laughable

Terminate his contract?

Why? To make this club even less recognizable. Dawson is the type of player who should be here in one capacity or another for his whole career.

Even if we pair Vlad and Vertonghen as first choice next season, who do you think we can get to sit on our bench thats better than Dawson?

Laughable
Vlad and Vertonghen as the starting CBs with Dawson (not as skipper) as a sub, if we can secure another CB and LB I would be happy with that.

O
qpr though.
True but I would think it was a good contract which makes it all the more honourable. Especially with so many players that quote 'the club isn't moving in the right direction' or ' I am not convinced we will make signings to take us forward', when we all know they are out for every penny they can get?

Vlad and Vertonghen as the starting CBs with Dawson (not as skipper) as a sub, if we can secure another CB and LB I would be happy with that.
And I would expect him to remain club captain to give us some stability and god knows, we need some of that! I just don't understand people wanting him as far away from the club as possible, it just makes no sense.

Disrespectful, maybe. But even you can see his bias with this topic. Also, as far as I've seen, most people have nothing but respect for Daws, but understand and are frustrated by his obvious lack of top 6 quality.

I'm a sucker for a player who wears his heart on his sleeve and loves this club, like Daws does, but that does not blind me to the fact his is no longer good enough to start 20+ games for us any more. People like Greavesy need to accept this view, because it's obvious. It's not like there is a middle ground, Daws in not good enough. He used to be, but no longer.

Much like Ledley accepted he was no longer a positive influence on the side and retired, Daws must accept the same at Spurs. Not retire, because I do believe he's still Prem quality for some of the lower sides, but he's detrimental for us. It makes me as sad as anyone, but we have a job to do and ambitions to achieve and there is no time for passengers.

I kind of agree, but not.
I dont think he is good enough for the way we are likely to set up to play, certainly, but I do think he is good enough to play in a team that sits a bit deeper and keeps the play in front of him. Everton under Moyes, for example.

Back
Top Bottom