Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a good game yesterday but just seeing highlights of the game and didn't get the ball in the challenge with odemwinge in the box so got away with one there.

I mean seriously is Dawson staying or going our biggest problem this summer?? of course not, he stays, with Jan in a mood, Vlad doing the odd Luiz and Younes unable to string 3 games together what do you do just let him walk out the door, dont be stupid.

we have to get all four of our centre backs working at the best of their ability in a system that works, and add if necessary if it doesnt look like it will work out.

We have to sort out the striking dilemma and the left back area first, the rest can wait until January when settled under Poch, Pochettino was the biggest decision of summer, the rest doesnt matter that much

I still think Daws has something to offer but his qualities are not generally a good fit for the high-up-the-pitch, pressing game.

As we look to be continuing with the high pressing game, with Poch also favouring a faster pace, a move for Daws may be best for him and us.

I like the bloke and he's been a loyal Spurs man. I was disappointed with most of his performances last season but I've also been very disappointed with the personal abuse he's got from some of our supporters.

The man deserves his own thread I think.

It is rare that a player is universally loved by his own supporters let alone liked by those of rival clubs but in Michael Dawson I think most people saw a player who just loved playing football, appreciated every match he played and above all else, left nothing on the pitch at full time.

It is true that he wasn't the quickest and could be beaten on the turn but the flip side of that is he rarely lost a challenge in the air, had almost impeccable timing in on the deck and had that childish smile on his face that seemed to suggest he could never quite believe he was paid to play football (in the good sense, not the Paul Dickov sense).

I can appreciate why, for both player and Club this makes sense, I just wish him all the best at QPR and know he will get a rousing reception when he comes to the Lane - he deserves it.

Cheers Daws
looking back on it this makes you look a bit silly now ;)

Well said Mensa. The hate and disrespect towards our captain in Spursdom makes me sooooo sad.
You really are sensationalist old bellend, aren't you? No-one hates Daws. Quite the opposite.

It's just that people see his faults like every player has. You, unfortunately are so intent on hugging Daws' nuts that they are evidently over both of your eyeballs.

Daws is one of my favourite Spurs players, but he's also a weak link in this squad these days.

We have to sort out the striking dilemma and the left back area first, the rest can wait until January when settled under Poch, Pochettino was the biggest decision of summer, the rest doesnt matter that much
I'm not sure sure, our defence last year was a fucking shambles. They both need work, I don't think it's right to prioritise either area.

If we improve our strikers but neglect our defence we'll lose games, and if we improve our defence but ignore the strikers then we'll also lose games. Definite work needed!

You really are sensationalist old bellend, aren't you? No-one hates Daws. Quite the opposite.

It's just that people see his faults like every player has. You, unfortunately are so intent on hugging Daws' nuts that they are evidently over both of your eyeballs.

Daws is one of my favourite Spurs players, but he's also a weak link in this squad these days.

Bit disrespectful when its quite clear a lot of people do hate/dislike Dawson.
Jaydon Jaydon to get me started. It's also painfully obvious on other forums that I skim read.

I'm not sure sure, our defence last year was a fucking shambles. They both need work, I don't think it's right to prioritise either area.

If we improve our strikers but neglect our defence we'll lose games, and if we improve our defence but ignore the strikers then we'll also lose games. Definite work needed!

I said getting rid of Dawson is not the priority, I said left back and striking situation definitely is, I think we have seen that getting rid of players bringing new ones in does not always solve things, we have 4 good CB's if all play near potential we are fine, although boring we kept about 8 clean sheets towards start of last season, Poch just needs to get best out of them, yes work needed to get them playing better!

Back
Top Bottom