Michael Dawson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Dawson is ok against teams who lump it to a big fella up top, he wins the majority of his aerial duals. He's just too slow and cumbersome against teams with nippy and clever strikers.

Withouplayingbt, one of Sherwood better tactical decisions (whether conscious or not) was to drop him. He's bottom 5 PL quality at best, mate - it's high time fans accepted this.

How Caulker was sold and him and Kaboul kept is beyond me
My point was not so much as to weather he should be playing and more about how could sherwood fall out with such a influential and frankly mild character. And weather his enthusiasm is being missed in training. A senior player should in many ways act as a link between squad and coaches. Looks like another burnt bridge from sherwood.

Great to see him back. Some people think he should be gone next season, but for me he remains one of our first choice CBs and will be next season too. Jan can go and I'll be happy about that if the fee is good, but Daws is Mr Spurs and I hope he leads out the team in our first game next season

Great to see him back. Some people think he should be gone next season, but for me he remains one of our first choice CBs and will be next season too. Jan can go and I'll be happy about that if the fee is good, but Daws is Mr Spurs and I hope he leads out the team in our first game next season

Kinda split. Huge fan of his loyalty, attitude, and passion, which is why I think we should keep him but not for first choice. I think he'd be willing to stay and lead the squad without making a fuss about not being first choice, and as we're short on leaders and experience as is I see no reason to dispose of a guy with the amount of such qualities that this guy has.

He was great today and you can't help but love him.

He can't be relied upon against the top sides with quick strikers but it's rare that he has a bad game against a bottom half team. He's a superb squad option to have if he's used in the proper games. Managers need to be smart when selecting him.

He was great today and you can't help but love him.

He can't be relied upon against the top sides with quick strikers but it's rare that he has a bad game against a bottom half team. He's a superb squad option to have if he's used in the proper games. Managers need to be smart when selecting him.
That is the point.

Saying that he is better than Jan V and stuff like that is just wishful thinking because Dawson is so very sympathetic.

Stoke today was on paper a perfect match up for him, but he was by no means steady. Odinwiehigieyeyee could and should have scored, when Dawson in an easy 1-1 situation completely fucked up his marking from a regular cross from their left. Now, that is why people sometimes don't rate him.

His attitude however is impeccable and he was better than I feared coming back from his injury. Also, he had no cover from midfield at all, which goes to his credit.

He was good today ...
And can be frequently perceived such, if played in the correct games against the correct opponents.

People tend to forget that not all center-backs are alike. Daws has been having mixed views all season because he's also being played against crazy quick strikers. As long as he is intelligibly selected, he still can remain as a valuable asset next year.

That being said ...
I find it funny that people think Daws is (overall) better than some of our other CBs. Plus ... granted he has loads of experience (in football and with the club) etc., I still don't think he is entirely skipper material.

SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013

the dawson fanboys are patting themselves on the back...admittedely he had a good game (except being turned inside out late on which stoke should have scored from)

as said above when played against big immobile strikers he tends to play well..personally i like a CB partnership and wouldent break (without injuries) a sucessful one next season merely to play daws against lower table teams...

SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013

the dawson fanboys are patting themselves on the back...admittedely he had a good game (except being turned inside out late on which stoke should have scored from)

as said above when played against big immobile strikers he tends to play well..personally i like a CB partnership and wouldent break (without injuries) a sucessful one next season merely to play daws against lower table teams...
I love Michael Dawson, as a player, person and captain. But I see his limitations as we all do. The fanboys i.e. Greavesy refuse to think he has any weakness.

I love Michael Dawson, as a player, person and captain. But I see his limitations as we all do. The fanboys i.e. Greavesy refuse to think he has any weakness.

every player has a weakness..
for me dawson has fatal ones..whilst i respect him as a person and a club servant he tends to make mistakes that lead directly to goals..now of course CB's are more at risk of their mistakes leading to goals but dawson for me makes these more than most...for me his lack of pace and his inability to recover quickly from his mistakes means id rather see him on the bench than the starting 11..

MotM for me. Frustrating player at times, but I can't help but love the guy. Bleeds Spurs, and is one player you know is never going to let his head drop. Some people still make out that his passion and dedication is not a valuable attribute, which is ridiculous.

People have said they wish Daws had even half the fancy skills of Verts, but imagine if Verts had even half the passion of Daws. It's a rare commodity at our club these days.

Back
Top Bottom