Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First game. Away at a certain top 4 club. Lost 1-0. They had one shot on target. And didn't score from it.

People melting and pulling our season apart already.

Simply mind-boggling.

The eve of the season for adults is like Christmas Eve for children. I am struggling to keep my mind focused on work. Everything about it makes me giddy; the optimism, the deep routed pessimism. The players walking out of the tunnel. Sitting with mates cracking opening the first beer. Perching on the edge of my seat at our first attack (just being in the opponents half counts on opening day), the vomit feeling of the opponents first attack (them having the ball anywhere on the pitch counts on opening day). The elation of the first goal and despair of the first conceded.

I can't fucking wait.

So. First game of the season away to Man Utd and we have Dier in midfield, one striker on the pitch, and none available for the bench. If anyone had predicted this a couple of months ago they would have been laughed off the forum. Proof, then, if anyone needed it, of what a slimy cunt Daniel Levy is.

Boss first 25 at the OT. Eriksen misses a cupcake. Horrific pass by Bentaleb. Walker - OG. Here we are which is awfully familiar

And this United side is very beatable.

Levy is a genius, playing madrid and ac milan before our first away game, was a great idea.:pocheyes:
Stop with the midweek excuses. They've had summer off, then a couple of light training sessions against Madrid and AC. They were hardly running 13km were they?

We lost. We shouldn't have. It wasn't because we were in Germany three days ago.

Move on.

Don't worry lads we got this
VQNKoVn.jpg

I cringe every time I read names such as Mason, Dembele and Chadli on the line up.

Mason - His quality is debateable, but he made that position his own when he first broke into the team. Agree we could probably do better going forward.

Dembele - Not sure how many more chances we can give him to try and to rediscover the form that led him to single handedly destroy Manchester Utd (for us and for Fulham) in his first season. A very frustrating player.

Chadli - Completely disagree. 11 goals, 5 assists and 41 chances created. Our most productive midfielder after Eriksen (who went missing about half way through the season and left Chadli and Kane to pull us over the line).

Those are better numbers than Stirling, Coutinho, Mata, Di Maria, Yaya Toure, Ramsey, Ozil, Milner, Sigurdsson.... i could go on. In fact numbers wise there are probably only about seven or eight midfielders in the league who had a "better" season.

Frankly, I'm sick of people slagging off Chadli. His dad fucking died last season and he still did pretty damn well. Give him a break.
Seriously. People talked about how our wingers weren't scoring last year then Chadli goes and scores 11 in the league while assisting 5 and people still give him crap. Probably would've had 15 or so if he played the entire season and I can see him doing it this year.

Disappointing.

And fuck you, Levy ... for making us play 2 games already in this week and not signing the players that we really need, earlier!!!

:dier:

You were the first one to melt and cunt off Bentaleb.
I don't care who cunted off Bentaleb - if you can't see that the goal we lost to was entirely down to him, I suspect another season of favourite player bullshit coming. Can't you like a player, but admit when he makes a crucial mistake? You give away the ball there, in this league, and it's a goal 7 times out of 10. Pointing out who made the error is not melting - unless it's Rose of course, In which case we'd know all about it.

Back
Top Bottom