Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So. First game of the season away to Man Utd and we have Dier in midfield, one striker on the pitch, and none available for the bench. If anyone had predicted this a couple of months ago they would have been laughed off the forum. Proof, then, if anyone needed it, of what a slimy cunt Daniel Levy is.

I always thing these type of games suit Pochettino's way of pressing and counter attacking. Chadli, Eriksen and Kane on the counter to win us the game.
I suspect Davies will do better against Mata than Rose would have. Mata was much too clever for him last time out. Dier versus Depay will be key.
This Tottenham team can't counterattack at all

I always thing these type of games suit Pochettino's way of pressing and counter attacking. Chadli, Eriksen and Kane on the counter to win us the game.
I suspect Davies will do better against Mata than Rose would have. Mata was much too clever for him last time out. Dier versus Depay will be key.

Chadli and Eriksen are not very good at pressing. It's one of their few limitations.

I'm hoping the lack of changes in our squad help us from a settled aspect. Perhaps our familiarity will help us.

I'm starting to warm to the starting lineup. If utd had speedsters I'd be way more worried.

Come on you Spurs!!!

This is the best time for any side to play Man United, a mess defensively and keeper has stopped playing, better having them now - will be Interesting

Depay is my pick for buy of season though, unlike van Gaals other morons he has purchased he is a proper footballer

Come on you spurs we can sneak something here!!

Chadli and Eriksen are not very good at pressing. It's one of their few limitations.

I'm hoping the lack of changes in our squad help us from a settled aspect. Perhaps our familiarity will help us.

I'm starting to warm to the starting lineup. If utd had speedsters I'd be way more worried.

Come on you Spurs!!!
Just fell of my fucking chair.

Gibbsy is back...on game day...everyone is melting at the lineup...

And Gibbsy is "warming to the lineup" :pochwtf:

What a time to be alive:pocheyes:

A bit disappointed at that lineup.
Rose is better going forwards than Davies, Trippier better than Walker, Dier is the most defensive choice we could make in midfield (and hasn't worked out in the pre-season), and Dembele is the best defensive AM alternative.

I wanted Dembele in there, but all over the lineup seems too defensive. And we all know we can't play defensively.

And without Lloris

This can get ugly.

But fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom