Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose picked up an injury in training yesterday apparently. A shame, he's become quite the important player for us over the course of the year. I remember Davies having a pretty good game against Man Utd at White Hart Lane last year so hopefully he can get off to a good start.

Still a little disheartened that we get no Alli because potentially by the time he comes on, the game could be over. Dier against fluid movement of Depay, Mata, Rooney worries me.

Not sure about the balance of this one but hopefully Poch has a masterplan. Can't see us pushing too high up the pitch with that midfield and don't think we have the pace to effectively counter. WIll have to be on top form to get something out of this one.

Wow. Starting 11 is way too slow. Luckily utd are overall pretty plodding so hopefully it won't kill us.

I love all the players starting. It's just compounding thier limitations if you have no pace in the midfield or up front.

Im not normally a melter / pessimist but that lineup is very un-inspiring. Sub keeper, second choice left back, no right winger, no striker on the bench and a centreback playing in midfield. Happy to see the Moose in there but thats about it

I bet after 60 minutes when Dier has had a poor game by central midfield standards, instead of the exciting Alli, we see Mason come on.

I always thing these type of games suit Pochettino's way of pressing and counter attacking. Chadli, Eriksen and Kane on the counter to win us the game.
I suspect Davies will do better against Mata than Rose would have. Mata was much too clever for him last time out. Dier versus Depay will be key.

Back
Top Bottom