Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't United do better than Van Gaal? He's a legend and I would love him here but why wouldn't they go after someone younger and more promising like Simeone, Klopp, or Conte?

Well if we don't get LVG is it Pochettino for us? I love the style that he's instilled at Southampton but I would be concerned about his lack of experience.
Well, it seems those names are not free and attainable right now. Van Gaal could steady their ship for two years until one of them is available.

Well, it seems those names are not free and attainable right now. Van Gaal could steady their ship for two years until one of them is available.

You're right obviously. I'm just trying to talk myself out of them doing it to try to make myself feel better haha.

I was sure he would still be there next season, but I'm starting to think he's a dead man walking:-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/manchester-united-refuse-deny-david-7013689

Hmmm nothing concrete though.

Borderline for me but then from Utd's perspective they have publicly backed him a number of times this season and the press still speculate so ,as with our press office and coaching staff when it comes to player speculation, they must think "why bother saying anything anymore?"

I know we put ourselves in these awful situations but couldn't we for once catch a break from another club. Bayern losing, United inexplicably appointing Moyes, Chelsea usurping us on like 5 of our transfer targets, Marton Fulop and Woolwich ending last season on ten game unbeaten run. Couldn't just one of those have gone our way? Just a little help one time.

Hmmm nothing concrete though.

Borderline for me but then from Utd's perspective they have publicly backed him a number of times this season and the press still speculate so ,as with our press office and coaching staff when it comes to player speculation, they must think "why bother saying anything anymore?"
If that were the case I suspect they'd just say "the situation hasn't changed". Their refusal to do so does suggest that something is afoot - but the panic overLvG from some people is really jumping the gun. Even if Moyes is gone by their next game, it's not set that LvG will go there. There are other potential managers. Blanc. Klopp. DeBoer. This is the United job so I suspect it will be attractive to quite a few candidates and after this appointment I don't see United rushing into something within a day or two, especially if they're not going to have a new man in for the rest of the season.

Jesus just saw the news, dn't live in england so not sure how realible, but jesus why wouldn't Van Gaal go to united, more money more prestige, he could buy a whole team with all that money.

I think the owners would be smart sacking moyes now, not because he wouldn't eventually win stuff but the amount of money they would have to give him for him to win, he's no Brendan Rodgers.

If that were the case I suspect they'd just say "the situation hasn't changed". Their refusal to do so does suggest that something is afoot - but the panic overLvG from some people is really jumping the gun. Even if Moyes is gone by their next game, it's not set that LvG will go there. There are other potential managers. Blanc. Klopp. DeBoer. This is the United job so I suspect it will be attractive to quite a few candidates and after this appointment I don't see United rushing into something within a day or two, especially if they're not going to have a new man in for the rest of the season.

They refuse to go beyond initial statements over Rooney's future every other year so I don't see this being any different

he's no Brendan Rodgers.
It's a testament to how impatient the game is in the modern era that you even say this. Where did Liverpool finish last year? Much above where United will finish this year? Ferguson was even worse in his first few years at United.

I wouldn't want Moyes here because his confidence will be shot to shit, but he still a pretty good job at Everton for over a decade and it's only Martinez having a good season that has convinced everyone that he was crap there too. He probably should have had a summer to prove himself after getting his own summer signings. People talk about us pulling the trigger on AVB too soon, but now they say this is just? Doesn't make sense to me.

Couldn't United do better than Van Gaal? He's a legend and I would love him here but why wouldn't they go after someone younger and more promising like Simeone, Klopp, or Conte?

Well if we don't get LVG is it Pochettino for us? I love the style that he's instilled at Southampton but I would be concerned about his lack of experience.
Is he speaking English yet? Would be a slight concern for me if not.

Aren't we all, Lukaku and Rues are coming to Spurs as well, believe!
Lols, we wish! I watched the Bayern vs Dortmund game the other night and I know that Bayern have practically gone on holiday after closing out the league but Reus was brilliant all the same.

I feel sorry for Dortmund really (well not that sorry), continually losing their best players despite being able to offer a strong chance of both domestic and European success. If they'd all stay put they'd easily be challenging Munich this season imo.

As it is, they'll be crippled again this summer and that conveyor belt of talent must surely be drying up a little.

Lols, we wish! I watched the Bayern vs Dortmund game the other night and I know that Bayern have practically gone on holiday after closing out the league but Reus was brilliant all the same.

I feel sorry for Dortmund really (well not that sorry), continually losing their best players despite being able to offer a strong chance of both domestic and European success. If they'd all stay put they'd easily be challenging Munich this season imo.

As it is, they'll be crippled again this summer and that conveyor belt of talent must surely be drying up a little.

The Tottenham of Germany then, maybe we could swap Eriksen for Rues at least that way we can both keep good players. Oh well can have a dream can't I.

Bit of a strange way to see the incident.

I love Beckham as a player and personality, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't a complete tit for kicking a player in the back of the legs in front of the referee. I don't think Simeone over reacts that much either - he trips over his knee more than anything

1iyvn.gif
Oh come on - that wouldn't have knocked over an 18month old toddler. Simeone was "simulating" and trying to do what he ultimately achieved. But yes, you are right - Beckham was a tit for doing it.

Yeah he is and has been for a very long time. He just prefers to use a translator in press conferences so the media can't twist his words so easily (he's a smart man basically).
Interesting. I've seen interviews where he certainly seems to understand the questioning but I haven't heard him respond in English. Quite possibly a good ploy. My main concern is communication with the players and if he's got that covered fair enough.

Interesting. I've seen interviews where he certainly seems to understand the questioning but I haven't heard him respond in English. Quite possibly a good ploy. My main concern is communication with the players and if he's got that covered fair enough.

Also my concern, along with first-hand reports making statements that appear very similar to the things I strongly disliked about AVB. I've no doubt he's a great football mind, but I'm concerned that he doesn't know what to say in urgent moments. Southampton surrendered a pile of points late in games this year (hell we alone took six off them after going down early), and given that I don't want a massive overhaul of players I'm concerned about the combination of a less connected coach that struggles with crisis with our squad that crumbles a bit too easily.

Maybe there's hope yet. But United will probably miss on their first choices and swipe our first choice as their back up. Then we'll be left dick in hand.

Back
Top Bottom