Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm nothing concrete though.

Borderline for me but then from Utd's perspective they have publicly backed him a number of times this season and the press still speculate so ,as with our press office and coaching staff when it comes to player speculation, they must think "why bother saying anything anymore?"

I agree United have publicly backed Moyes a number of times this season, that's why I'm surprised at this.

The MEN wouldn't publish anything negative about United/Moyes unless they were 95% sure something was going to happen.........................................

Ancelotti for me! Up there with Van Gaal in terms of achievement. But tops LvG for me because of his EPL knowledge and personality. More potential for dressing room un-rest with LvG. These sensitive little darlings playing today need to feel loved!

Think utd will go for kloop. Lvg is a complete header. ManU would cringe at his press conferences where as we being spurs would lap it all up. The media would love us to get lvg as if it all goes tits up they' d have a field day.

Not many other names knocking about. The Southampton boss is in with a shout I'd say. Don' t know much another world football but from my understandings neither do thfc from some of the the shite we've appointed over the years.

To me it seems like LvG is a lost case. At first, I was very happy with the link between him and the club. However, after reading an article in the Guardian, I am not too sure. To me hi is not necessarily what the club wants, and needs in the future. With that in mind, I think that we should attempt to get Roberto Martinez. Read the article and you will know what I mean

[Apparently I need one like before I am allowed to post a link. Google five contenders to replace David Moyes and The Guardian. You shall find]

To me it seems like LvG is a lost case. At first, I was very happy with the link between him and the club. However, after reading an article in the Guardian, I am not too sure. To me hi is not necessarily what the club wants, and needs in the future. With that in mind, I think that we should attempt to get Roberto Martinez. Read the article and you will know what I mean

[Apparently I need one like before I am allowed to post a link. Google five contenders to replace David Moyes and The Guardian. You shall find]

Post away. I am lazy

Martinez seems loyal, he's just come in and bossed a season with Everton (albeit they're likely to finish only a place above last season). Both him and Pochet... are risks for me. If we're looking to push for CL we need a manger that would be potentially coveted by clubs above us, with the experience to beat them tactically, as long as we can't compete financially.

In addition, we need experience for the players to look up to and draw upon, and someone to instil discipline. Originally I backed Capello but LVG would smash him out of the park (English is far better, doesn't have a default gripe with English press)

Let's hope Man U don't swipe him.

Roberto Martinez:
  • Young (around 40. Enable long-term thinking)
  • Good track record (Wigan FA Cup and Everton challenging for 4th)
  • Prove he can do a lot with small means
  • League experience
  • Track record of handling youth (R. Barkley)
  • Might be able to lure Lukaku to the club (they seem to enjoy each other)
  • Play the sort of game we like
  • Knows how to win over top clubs (The A-holes, City, etc.)
  • Likeable
  • Might get fellow Spaniard Soldado going (and even Lamela for all I know
In comparison with e.g. Frank de Boer, etc. Roberto Martinez seems to have more to offer the club! Obviously, I would prefer Klopp, but that is not going to happen

Martinez is on to a good thing at Everton, he has a chairman that will do pretty much anything he asks and he has a young squad that obviously play for him, likely qualifying for Champions League in the process...

Why he would want to leave that to come to work under Levy is beyond me.

Will have to wait and see. Things can change very quickly if an offer is made.
Maybe, but, much to my own personal chagrin, my money is on LvG. With Giggs now in the hotseat until the WC, it's absolutely perfect timing. He also comes with a record similar to Ferguson's. I reckon United with see it as a less risky move.

I really cant read what Utd will be looking for.
I think people are inclined to think it will be a longer term appointment, in which case someone like Klopp would be ideal.
However, given the poor season they have had they may just want an immediate return to the top and go for someone like LVG safe in the knowledge they have a couple of years to line up a successor.
Im really not sure which way it will go to be honest, as I say its a gut feeling Klopp is their sort of man

Back
Top Bottom