Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody in the stadium would be the only real protest. Damage the only thing he cares about...his pocket.
Even if tens of thousands of fans boycotted buying merchandise and the ground was half empty that wouldn’t affect his pocket. However I suspect he cares about his reputation & standing than you might think. I have spoken to a couple of people who have sat in his ‘box’. The word box doesn’t begin to describe it. Apparently the facilities are palatial and he entertains / hosts his friends, business contacts and celebrities each game. When large sections of the ground are chanting for him to leave the club that makes him squirm in his seat and reflects badly on his reputation. Remember his wife patting him on the leg last season…well that feeling of discomfort is far worse for him than the football club losing a million or two in revenue.

Which is why I think large sections of the ground chanting Enic out or we want change is worth doing because we have to ‘hold his feet to the fire’

I'm not shaming those that are going, I've repeatedly said I have full respect for them.

I'm shaming those on here who make post after post complaining but don't actually do anything to make a difference.

The keyboard warriors who are complete hypocrites
I’m ashamed , not of being a hypocrite, I’m definitely one of those , but for being too lazy to stop being a hypocrite by turning up. It just seems like a lot of hassle that is ultimately futile, LEVY OUT

EDIT : Levy needs to go , if people other than me could get motivated to make that happen, that would be great . I might summon up the energy to say thank you and well done

Last edited:
I’m ashamed , not of being a hypocrite, I’m definitely one of those , but for being too lazy to stop being a hypocrite by turning up. It just seems like a lot of hassle that is ultimately futile, LEVY OUT

EDIT : Levy needs to go , if people other than me could get motivated to make that happen, that would be great . I might summon up the energy to say thank you and well done
Fair play to you for that.
A rare bit of honesty on here, others should try it more.

I see I was being accused of being a hypocrite for not protesting outside the Qatari embassy.

I could make up an excuse, like others do on here, that I live too far away, (Ive always given those that genuinely live too far away a pass) or it was raining, or even that it was a bit chilly.

But the simple truth is that there is no Qatari embassy in Ireland.

As I stated previously if Saudi or Qatari owners took over then I would definitely be a hypocrite.

Because he's a hypocrite who scoffs at any criticism of Levy, rants against any middle Eastern involvement in football, but sat quietly on his arse during the world Cup rather than protest outside the Qatari embassy.

Not watching is a form of protest.

If no one tuned in to watch the WC, they would have had to seriously think about what they had done. No one watching, no need for sponsors to spend their money - huge dent in FIFAs pockets.

I didn't watch the WC - it felt like a personal sacrifice. I missed watching something I adore, missed hanging out with mates and basically limited my exposure to one of my biggest passions.

What are you personally sacrificing for your wanting ENIC out of Spurs?

Not watching is a form of protest.

If no one tuned in to watch the WC, they would have had to seriously think about what they had done. No one watching, no need for sponsors to spend their money - huge dent in FIFAs pockets.

I didn't watch the WC - it felt like a personal sacrifice. I missed watching something I adore, missed hanging out with mates and basically limited my exposure to one of my biggest passions.

What are you personally sacrificing for your wanting ENIC out of Spurs?

I had LOVE and HATE tattooed on my knuckles when I was younger. Now one says LEVY.

I won’t tell you which one I had changed.

And you don’t come across sacrifices like that too much let me tell you.

Fair play to you for that.
A rare bit of honesty on here, others should try it more.

I see I was being accused of being a hypocrite for not protesting outside the Qatari embassy.

I could make up an excuse, like others do on here, that I live too far away, (Ive always given those that genuinely live too far away a pass) or it was raining, or even that it was a bit chilly.

But the simple truth is that there is no Qatari embassy in Ireland.

As I stated previously if Saudi or Qatari owners took over then I would definitely be a hypocrite.

Just because there is no Qatari embassy in Ireland is no excuse not to protest outside it!!

Even if tens of thousands of fans boycotted buying merchandise and the ground was half empty that wouldn’t affect his pocket. However I suspect he cares about his reputation & standing than you might think. I have spoken to a couple of people who have sat in his ‘box’. The word box doesn’t begin to describe it. Apparently the facilities are palatial and he entertains / hosts his friends, business contacts and celebrities each game. When large sections of the ground are chanting for him to leave the club that makes him squirm in his seat and reflects badly on his reputation. Remember his wife patting him on the leg last season…well that feeling of discomfort is far worse for him than the football club losing a million or two in revenue.

Which is why I think large sections of the ground chanting Enic out or we want change is worth doing because we have to ‘hold his feet to the fire’
100%

I've seen this happen on other forums.

The special patrol group circle the wagons and attempt to get people banned for abusing them.

They then stalk the individual, leave snide remarks on their posts and negative feedback.

Does Levy pay them?

Not in cash surely?
Thought this deserved a bump.

What I don't understand is how many 'supporters' seem willing to forgive Levy for selling off Spurs elite level players but are unwilling to condemn him for not selling the club to an owner who would have made Spurs an elite level club and would also have prevented us from having to watch Chelsea emerge as a bigger club than Spurs.

How can it be?
And this....

How can I put this?

Under ENIC Spurs sell all their best players or the best players run their contracts down and leave.

None of us know the finer details of the deals that take our players away.

What we can guess is that the players leave for more money first and foremost and if winning trophies is more realistic at the new club that is a bonus.

Those of us who are sick of ENIC want them to either behave like the clubs our best players always leave us to join or sell the club to owners who will pay the best wages, to the best players, and help Spurs to compete and win trophies.

After 20 years ENIC can no longer claim bad luck or greedy players have cost Spurs success.

It's ENIC.

English National INVESTMENT Company.

An investment company that don't invest enough in football players salaries.
And this....

I'm not a fan of or an apologist for ENIC or Levy but to understand how Spurs supporters have been initially saddled with ENIC and then continually accepted their methods, like a battered housewife, you have to look back to what was happening to the club from about 1995 - 2001 when they arrived.

What ENIC have done better than the previous incumbent is to achieve consistently higher league finishes and points totals.

A Europa League qualification is the modern equivalent of winning the League Cup in the 70's, 80's and early 90's.

A Champions League, (top 4), qualification is the modern equivalent of winning the F.A. Cup.

The lack of any European competitions was the big issue when ENIC arrived. It brings in increased revenue.

Their mission statement was to secure regular Champions League qualification and increase the WHL capacity to 44,000, within five years. NOTHING ELSE WAS PROMISED

It took ENIC five years to secure qualification for what is now the Europa League, through a 5th placed league finish, which should have been 4th, but for the lasagne, and then 10 years to get to the Champions League.

The increased WHL capacity of 44,000 was never achieved. Instead a season ticket waiting list was implemented and the cost of season tickets increased season upon season, while cup matches and other benefits were withdrawn from season ticket holders. This policy eventually morphed into the stubhub debacle which effectively legitimised the practise of ticket touting. These were the issues that led to me giving up my season ticket.

I blame a guy called Mark Jacob and his Tottenham Action Group for landing us with ENIC.

I blame The Supporters Trust for being complicit with ENIC in the exploitation of club members and season ticket holders throughout ENIC's tenure at the club.

Abramovich made Levy a 'silly offer' for Spurs which was turned down before Abramovich bought Chelsea.

Imagine Tottenham today having won all the trophies Chelsea did under Abramovich; without Chelsea having the period of trophy success.
And this....

Family ticket was £50 yesterday. I wager that most families spent 2 or 3 times that in the club shop on the day given the prices of shirts etc nowadays. Honestly I had never seen it so busy in there. 15 minute queues to get to the tills. I wouldnt be surprised if they made over £500,000 in the shop alone yesterday.

Porro
Kulusevski
Maddison
Vicario
Phillips
Solomon
Van de Ven
Veliz

San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Get another CB and keep Kane and get rid of the deadwood and I don't want to hear anything about how Ange wasn't backed and how they are club signings.

Porro
Kulusevski
Maddison
Vicario
Phillips
Solomon
Van de Ven
Veliz

San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Get another CB and keep Kane and get rid of the deadwood and I don't want to hear anything about how Ange wasn't backed and how they are club signings.

Easily pleased.

2 of them were already here but deals made permanent, one on a free, two kids that might be loaned out and not a single star signing.

Again, they've done the bare minimum for a club trying to at least qualify for the EL.

Window's not closed yet so we shall see. With Bentancur out until the New Year, suspect we need another midfielder as well.

Back
Top Bottom