Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not this

You can only really tell if we are ambitious or not after the fact i.e if the player is a success otherwise you might as well say Chelsea are the most ambitious club in the world over the last few years!

Not sure about that.

Liverpool weren't ambitious signing Nunez because he's a flop?

I would argue that Enzo was an ambitious signing for those cunts, just a very misguided one.

Any ideas on level for each position?

I have my wishes but my mind changes every time we are linked to a new player

I like Bakayoko at PSV - he's gettable if Williams isn't

Striker, dunno I've always liked Solanke or someone like Gyökeres (might be priced out of that one)

KWP I think can do a job as well.

As for the 6 if Ugarte is available then go and get him, other than that there's no stand outs for that role.

Not sure about that.

Liverpool weren't ambitious signing Nunez because he's a flop?

I would argue that Enzo was an ambitious signing for those cunts, just a very misguided one.

There's nothing ambitious about splashing willy nilly on players if you don't have a plan, it's like buying a Ferrari and not being able to support it buy paying for the maintenance and the insurance.

There was nothing ambitious about buying Ndombele for example, we were far more ambitious last Summer than the Summer of 2018 for example.

Striker, dunno I've always liked Solanke or someone like Gyökeres (might be priced out of that one)

As for the 6 if Ugarte is available then go and get him, other than that there's no stand outs for that role.
Priced out by who?

There's nothing ambitious about splashing willy nilly on players if you don't have a plan, it's like buying a Ferrari and not being able to support it buy paying for the maintenance and the insurance.

There was nothing ambitious about buying Ndombele for example, we were far more ambitious last Summer than the Summer of 2018 for example.

Ndombele was ambitious. Sacking Poch before he really had a chance to work with him was misguided.

We assume these clubs have no plan but you can only say if a plan is good in hindsight. Doesn't mean the plan wasn't ambitious. Ambition is more about the future than the past, surely?

Not sure about KWP tbh but that's not the worst list. Not going to come cheap:

Bakayoko - 40m? 150k pw
Solanke/Gyok - 60-70m 200k pw
KWP - 15m - <100k pw
Ugarte - 40-50m >150-200k pw

That's more than 150m outlay commitments and also needs other players wages to bump up to match the new kids.

Your own words suggest you're lying, I'm not sure what you want me to do about that.

I can't take words from someone who apparently got so upset over the word meltdown that another poster was using on them because of your alleged condition, only to weaponise the word themselves and use it to attack someone else.
I simply used your own term against you ''meltdown'' and you went ape shit stating that I'm lying about my autism.

I’ve always suspected that the club were after Mitoma.

But he’s re-signed so would be silly money.

Silly money that he's not worth really.

The links to players like Baena, Eze and the Ukranian guy are interesting. Comes off like they are looking for another versatile, technical player that plays 10 as well as wide.

Maybe that's as well as a traditional wide player. maybe that's instead of.

Ndombele was ambitious. Sacking Poch before he really had a chance to work with him was misguided.

We assume these clubs have no plan but you can only say if a plan is good in hindsight. Doesn't mean the plan wasn't ambitious. Ambition is more about the future than the past, surely?

This is subjective, I guess the question is what actually signals ambition in your book?

For me buying players is only really part of what speaks for a club's ambition, I don't even think it comes down to what the board or what your recruitment does in a transfer window.

Ambition for me is what we are finally doing now and having an actual plan in place from academy level to first team, players in, players out, hiring the correct manager and staff, players and player profiles, it's the whole package.

Buying players is merely a byproduct of your plan hence why getting the 'cheap options' worked out for us last Summer because we identified a plan for them to succeed.

So when people say that splashing BIG money is showing ambition I don't necessarily agree because the amount of money you spend only really comes to fruition if your plan is successful in the first place.

Man Utd have spend around £400m under Ten Hag's project and they're no better than they were when he joined, I wouldn't say that's they're being ambitions because they've spent recklessly, same with Chelsea it's been what around £1b since Todd rocked up and let's be real the only reason they've spent that much is because they're been whinging it and are now trying to look for loopholes so they don't breach.

Not sure about KWP tbh but that's not the worst list. Not going to come cheap:

Bakayoko - 40m? 150k pw
Solanke/Gyok - 60-70m 200k pw
KWP - 15m - <100k pw
Ugarte - 40-50m >150-200k pw

That's more than 150m outlay commitments and also needs other players wages to bump up to match the new kids.

Yeah as I said it changes so let's see.

Not gonna piss me off if we don't get these players anyway but the most important thing for me is the profile fit.

Last edited:
If everybody is serious (board,manager,fans) about really being a successful winning side then it requires some quite major surgery over the summer. I expect to see atleast 8 outs including lo celso,Davies,Emerson,hojbjerg as absolute certainties. Also potentially sold kulusevski,richarlison,bissouma,soloman If the right bid comes in. And that's without the loan players like rodon,tanganga etc. If all that brings in 150m as a low fee you'll need to put in another 150m on top of that for the likes of eze,Toney (or another striker of your choice) olise/grealish (again just throwing names out don't kill me). I'm happy for vdv to cover in at left back if need be and dragusin to start at cb. But either way make no bones about it if the board and manager are serious this is a massive summer of building.

This is subjective, I guess the question is what actually signals ambition in your book?

For me buying players is only really part of what speaks for a club's ambition, I don't even think it comes down to what the board or what your recruitment does in a transfer window.

Ambition for me is what we are finally doing now and having an actual plan in place from academy level to first team, players in, players out, hiring the correct manager and staff, players and player profiles, it's the whole package.

Buying players is merely a byproduct of your plan hence why getting the 'cheap options' worked out for us last Summer because we identified a plan for them to succeed.

So when people say that splashing BIG money is showing ambition I don't necessarily agree because the amount of money you spend only really comes to fruition if your plan is successful in the first place.

Man Utd have spend around £400m under Ten Hag's project and they're no better than they were when he joined, I wouldn't say that's they're being ambitions because they've spent recklessly, same with Chelsea it's been what around £1b since Todd rocked up and let's be real the only reason they've spent that much is because they're been whinging it and are now trying to look for loopholes so they don't breach.

Yeah as I said it changes so let's see.

Not gonna piss me off if we don't get these players anyway but the most important thing for me is the profile fit.
If a player signs for Spurs, he has no ambition TBH

If everybody is serious (board,manager,fans) about really being a successful winning side then it requires some quite major surgery over the summer. I expect to see atleast 8 outs including lo celso,Davies,Emerson,hojbjerg as absolute certainties. Also potentially sold kulusevski,richarlison,bissouma,soloman If the right bid comes in. And that's without the loan players like rodon,tanganga etc. If all that brings in 150m as a low fee you'll need to put in another 150m on top of that for the likes of eze,Toney (or another striker of your choice) olise/grealish (again just throwing names out don't kill me). I'm happy for vdv to cover in at left back if need be and dragusin to start at cb. But either way make no bones about it if the board and manager are serious this is a massive summer of building.
They aren’t serious. Hope that helps

I would guess we start next season with a higher wage bill than Villa but it's a valid question.

Tbh the big question for me is max wage earners. We need to be willing to offer 250k pw and above. That is what the best players ask for.

We all know that the gooners will be in the market for players like Isak, Gyokeres, and Simons but we won't...It's 99% because we don't offer top bag. Same story with chavski and Osimhen.

There is no reason left for us to be operating like small-timers trying to hang on and work miracles.

At some point, the mix of drama and controversy with short periods of feeling great won't be enough to keep fans interested, this club will need to get out of its comfort zone and bring in elite players to keep the money coming in. I'm hoping it's this summer they realize that.

I would guess we start next season with a higher wage bill than Villa but it's a valid question.

Tbh the big question for me is max wage earners. We need to be willing to offer 250k pw and above. That is what the best players ask for.

We all know that the gooners will be in the market for players like Isak, Gyokeres, and Simons but we won't...It's 99% because we don't offer top bag. Same story with chavski and Osimhen.

There is no reason left for us to be operating like small-timers trying to hang on and work miracles.

At some point, the mix of drama and controversy with short periods of feeling great won't be enough to keep fans interested, this club will need to get out of its comfort zone and bring in elite players to keep the money coming in. I'm hoping it's this summer they realize that.
100%.

I actually think we will do more than usual as they’ve reduced the wage bill quite a bit this season with Kane, Dier, Lloris etc gone and the newer players like VDV on much lower deals. Just need to bin off the wastrels, forgot the fee that ain’t happening just move them on - cunts like PEH, Sess, Royal, GLC etc have nothing to offer. Take anything if not negotiate a severance

hopefully finally get some external investment in too, that will massively help. Desperate

Last edited:
100%.

I actually think we will do more than usual as they’ve reduced the wage bill quite a bit this season with Kane, Dier, Lloris etc gone and the newer players like VDV on much lower deals. Just need to bin off the wastrels, forgot the fee that ain’t happening just move them on - cunts like PEH, Sess, Royal, GLC etc have nothing to offer. Take anything if not negotiate a severance

hopefully finally get some external investment in too, that will massively help. Desperate
Yes mate, they need to get out of the comfort zone this summer.

Just sign 1 elite player on top of the usual range. Either the striker or the #6.

Back
Top Bottom