Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not been in this thread for months. Too depressing. However I am surprised at the overwhelming majority of posters in the Kane thread supporting finance over Glory. This is the fundamental criticism of ENIC. So why are none of the reverent anti ENIC/Levy posters not in that thread commenting that Levy should keep Kane for another year and not choose finance over the best player the club has.
Instead the anti Levy posters are going on about ticket prices. Prices are going up everywhere and if you do not like it do not pay it.
Surely selling Kane should bring criticism of ENIC/Levy which is far more important than ticket prices.

Not been in this thread for months. Too depressing. However I am surprised at the overwhelming majority of posters in the Kane thread supporting finance over Glory. This is the fundamental criticism of ENIC. So why are none of the reverent anti ENIC/Levy posters not in that thread commenting that Levy should keep Kane for another year and not choose finance over the best player the club has.
Instead the anti Levy posters are going on about ticket prices. Prices are going up everywhere and if you do not like it do not pay it.
Surely selling Kane should bring criticism of ENIC/Levy which is far more important than ticket prices.

The main anti levy poster who bangs on about trophies(lack of) and past European glory etc etc was against spurs being in the European conference this coming season, presumably so we can concentrate on getting top 4, and thereby reducing our chances off winning a trophy this season by 25% straight off the bat

And then to top it all off promptly complained about West Ham winning a competition they don’t even want us to enter.

There’s no logic here.

More confusing than an Englishman who walks into a bar with an Irishman, a Scotsman and a chicken who just crossed the road and promptly gets asked why the long face?

You make a good point. I think people were so starved for attacking football that its return will enable people to accept a lot, like not competing at a high level for the next two seasons, and moving Kane out. People are still excited about Postecoglou and his personality and that will take time to wear off. And I think people got excited about the $100M possibly coming on Kane's transfer without realizing what that can bring back in the current market. Maybe Postecoglou will turn things around quickly, but there's also a chance that when all the good will wears off and the reality of Kane's departure sets in people the reality of the new order is going to sink in.

Last edited:
Why do you always say people should do something and then when they do you continue to take the mick out of them?
Because he's a hypocrite who scoffs at any criticism of Levy, rants against any middle Eastern involvement in football, but sat quietly on his arse during the world Cup rather than protest outside the Qatari embassy.

So that'll be 10 turning up then.
You were praising people just the other day for saying they would attend the protest but now you're making fun of the protest?

I don't understand this logic, this is why I said the other day that both sides of this debate can be just as toxic.

Shouldn't be shaming people who are making an effort to create change at the club, they are doing far more than the majority of people and I suspect they deeply care about the club, unlike people who care more about point scoring for their own egos (this goes for both sides).

Why do you always say people should do something and then when they do you continue to take the mick out of them?
Wrong way round mate.

I've full respect for anyone who is willing to take a stand and do something about things they believe in.

It's the keyboard warriors that can't be arsed that I take the Mick out of.

Why the fuck would you scoff at this? They are protesting about ticket prices and aiming to get the club to renege on the increase. What’s funny about that?
I'm not scoffing at those going.

I'm scoffing at the hypocrites who make a billion posts but can't be bothered to get up from their keyboards and make a stand.

Because he's a hypocrite who scoffs at any criticism of Levy, rants against any middle Eastern involvement in football, but sat quietly on his arse during the world Cup rather than protest outside the Qatari embassy.

Hypocrisy GIF

You were praising people just the other day for saying they would attend the protest but now you're making fun of the protest?

I don't understand this logic, this is why I said the other day that both sides of this debate can be just as toxic.

Shouldn't be shaming people who are making an effort to create change at the club, they are doing far more than the majority of people and I suspect they deeply care about the club, unlike people who care more about point scoring for their own egos (this goes for both sides).
I'm not shaming those that are going, I've repeatedly said I have full respect for them.

I'm shaming those on here who make post after post complaining but don't actually do anything to make a difference.

The keyboard warriors who are complete hypocrites

I'm not shaming those that are going, I've repeatedly said I have full respect for them.

I'm shaming those on here who make post after post complaining but don't actually do anything to make a difference.
People are allowed an opinion on a forum though as well mate, that's what it exists for and this is the thread to discuss Levy and ENIC, people have a right to defend or attack them in equal measure.

I could say that people who watch the PL but are opposed to Saudi ownership are hypocritical because it's supporting the current system that props this kind of ownership up, therefore they have no right to complain unless they "do something" about it.

If we shamed everyone who had an opinion but didn't take any action then we could point the finger at the majority of the country for not protesting the current people in charge of it.

Where do we draw the line with this?

I understand your frustration seeing people complain and yet actively do nothing to illicit change but that's life mate, it's the small minority that often make the biggest changes.

Back
Top Bottom