Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Notts Forest or Birmingham?
Nobody wants to play with them. They've tried it on with Forest and Derby - they don't want to know either. We're just finding out, but those clubs realised how pointless they are. They are comfortably the scummiest people in the country - I can't bring myself to call them fans.

4 weeks ago it was Ranieri out. Most of them were saying that Ranieri was just dumb lucky to inherit Pearson's fantastic team, and it was thanks Claudio, but fuck off. They are just a group of mutant gobshites who are unable to articulate the simplest of thoughts. The rest of England wants nothing to do with Leicester or the revolting people who represent them.

As someone pointed out earlier, Sky and BT's viewing figures are going over a cliff - Leicester are to blame. Their anti-football is turning people off in their thousands - coupled with fact that they can't sell their games out to their own supporters - as champions (no less). I think the country knows exactly what they are - a nasty little racist club with shithouse fans.

As someone pointed out earlier, Sky and BT's viewing figures are going over a cliff - Leicester are to blame. Their anti-football is turning people off in their thousands - coupled with fact that they can't sell their games out to their own supporters - as champions (no less). I think the country knows exactly what they are - a nasty little racist club with shithouse fans.
are you talking about Chelsea?:llorishowudoin:

We must have hit the frame of the goal about 50 times this season. It's quite unbelievable. Hopefully kane and toby back next week.

Depending on who starts it means we could have a bench with the likes of son/lamela, dier, nkoudou, janssen, vorm, wimmer/CCV, sissoko/winks.

Right, now the small mentality Gumps from Leicester who came to celebrate a draw have crawled back under their rocks, we can talk about the game.

We always seem to struggle against teams who turn up and park the bus and have no intention of trying to win a game. It was just another case of a lesser small club sticking 9 men behind the ball to stop any form of football taking place.
If their fans put up with it and think it's acceptable then that's their business and are obviously used to it.

What is up with Eriksen? He's been awful for weeks. His set pieces are beyond awful, his corners rarely beat the first man and his free kicks always hit the wall. He doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes. He needs dropping to make him Buck his ideas up.
Pleased for Janssen finally getting a prem goal, albeit via a penalty, but that should get the monkey off his back. Obviously the brief never reached Leicester, the one where everyone was told that playing rugby in the penalty box would not go unpunished like it did last season.

We have got a few games coming up against sides that like to play football so we should see some better performances.
We have got the a few of the Bus parking merchants out of the way now so onwards and upwards..

What is up with Eriksen? He's been awful for weeks. His set pieces are beyond awful, his corners rarely beat the first man and his free kicks always hit the wall. He doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes. He needs dropping to make him Buck his ideas up.

For me Eriksen has Italian football written all over him - very technical, slower tempo, lower expectations, less worldwide exposure - he can merge into mediocrity amongst his fellow technical players and never have to take responsibility for dragging his team to victory.

He'll love it and he'll be there in a season or two

Joe Clash Joe Clash :freundgoal:

Seems they don't like the truth..

Their forum makes me laugh, especially that Joe Clash fella. You get banned from there if you wind them up.... Forever in Woolwich's shadow and they are cnuts too!!

Cnuts? So they think we're the descendants of kings? I suppose we've been called worse. I wouldn't like to think what kind of sea monsters that lot are related to. Most of them can barely read and write.

Ranieri out now.

OK, at least our young team seems to have learned the bit about not losing a game pretty well...it's a pity they haven't got the winning bit down so good...

Who mentioned united?? You can't make a comparison unless we have both played the same team.....

The original quote was only we struggle against teams that park the bus and I'm saying that all the teams above us have stumbled on games where the other team defend with everyone behind the ball.

Talking about Leicester as our rivals? Do me a favour, they have had their so called 60 seconds of fame and are now back in the group including WBA and Stoke. Our rivals are either geographical including the Spammers or because of size of club including supporters and sucess such as Everton. Certainly not Leicester.
Some will disagree with Everton but older supporters will know they are similar in size to us and really should be up there with us and have underperformed for a couple of years.

Doubt that we will be getting anyone in the January window.
They will just have to improve. Dembele, eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela all have to start to put away some goals. I'd like to see them all be a bit more clinical, selfish, when it's needed.
Not to always keep looking to create a goal for another when it's eye through needle stuff when they could create a chance for themselves. Then maybe actually create a goal or find the pass to someone making a decent run/in a position to score one.
It seems to be the opposite atm.
The only plus point is that whilst playing below par offensively - and missing some players - we are managing not to lose, but then the last 2 goals conceded in the PL have been from unforced errors too.

My point is they are trying to do that and the end result is a lack of quality. Lamela at least looks like he is trying but eriksen has been poor for a long time now. Yes I agree it's partly way we play in the final third need to think positive and take risks but we are cautious and that's easy for the likes of Leicester. Since the city game the general quality has dipped. Need to get on the front foot and be positive on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom