Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha, I didn't come close to losing it. I was going for laffs (mainly).

These people are creepily obsessed.

Yep, they have been banging on about us for 100 pages and on each page it says " why do they think we are obsessed with them"

I thought Spam fans were thick but this lot take it to a whole new level..

They also claim that all our trophies were 100 years ago.. When the in fact only one of them was..

You saw the mentality of them last night, they really are not the cleverest of folk..

Joe Clash Joe Clash ..it seems like you are are a bit of a celebrity..

Joe Clash proper lost it on their match thread last night
default_laugh.png

Mind you, there was at least four Leicester posters on there winding him up and talking shite. If we had four Spurs WUM's high jacking this thread we'd probably say they were obsessed with us too.

It's interesting that none of our fans sign up to slag them off (this is foxestalk right?)

That's actually a really great point. I don't really get this Leicester hate. What they achieved was incredible. It's obvious a few of their fans are gonna get mouthy and above themselves. Who can blame them. Think I'd rather reserve my hatred for the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester Utd etc....Not clubs like Little Leicester City.
Agreed.
& it's good a small type club winning the title rather than the usual big teams.
I still want leicester to beat all the teams around us in the league table.

Disagree. Our players were on the beach the last two games of the season. I'm sure if we had needed a point against a relegated Newcastle side to win the league, even with the scum's curse over us, our players would have mustered the energy for it. They clearly could not be arsed in that game, and barely against Southampton either.
& I disagree with you kind sir.
We clearly couldn't handle the pressure of the title & cracked.

& if you are right then it's very worrying that they aren't bothered about finishing ahead of Woolwich.
& also that its 1st or nothing.
I would love 3rd again this season.

They couldn't muster the energy to finish above our huge rivals? I still hope that wasn't the case, otherwise we'd be as well giving up. Anyone who doesn't understand the need to beat them in any way needs to fuck off asap.
I wish it wasn't the case but I saw it with my own eyes. The only players trying were Lamela, Kane and Lloris. As I remember most people on here agreed they couldn't be arsed. The thing is the rivalry means a lot to us, it doesn't mean much to them sadly. It's more about modern football than these particular players in my opinion, but still very sad.

Ha ha, I didn't come close to losing it. I was going for laffs (mainly).

These people are creepily obsessed.

Morning!

Thought I'd let the dust settle a bit before commenting. Looking at the thread this seems a wise move...

Only saw the game on a dodgy stream + MOTD but am happy with the point, all things considered. At least we were competitive again, and a draw at your place will build confidence. From your perspective, I'd be slightly concerned that all the urgency and tempo seems to come from the fullbacks (who are a formidable attacking option, who also neutralised Mahrez by forcing him to defend). I think that when Kane comes back he'll set you right - your midfield don't seem quite sure how to play to Jannsenn's strengths, whereas obviously they know all about Kane. It's still very, very early in the season - look how you (and we) started last time, and where we both were with 10 games to go.

The players didn't give a shit after Chelsea. It was a disgrace, and completely unprofessional.

I think even the attitude during that game was unacceptable. 2-0 and flying into stupid tackles. Chelsea loved winding us up and we fell for it. Sissoko's elbow not much different to Alli and dembele bans. Need to focus on making a point on the pitch rather then rise to the bait.

Not too downbeat after yesterday

We were by far the better side and unlucky (.again) hitting the bar twice and being denied a clear penalty

It will come, we're still unbeaten and we've got two great players coming back from injury

LC fans are a minor irritation, nothing more and will probably finish bottom half of table

What annoyed me far more was our close rivals all winning

LC aren't close and will never be rivals!

Roll on Wednesday!,
:pochohshit:

On the plane back home and still trying to process it all.

From a personal perspective hard for me to be upset....

Felt lucky enough to be there, to have attended a match in our last season at WHL, to have a family willing to let me take off for a week, a best mate who put me up, to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with kindred spirits, to cheer on Danny as he raced down the wing, to sing and sing for Tottenham, to swell and moan with the crowd as Dele knocked the crossbar, to hold my breath at Vincent's penalty and then jump for joy, to watch Jan's header veer almost imperceptibly off target and rock the bar and another collective moan roars, to feel the game drawing to a final close and thinking to myself how I don't want any of it to end, to sing those last few times, knowing it's almost over, and then it is and then we are on our walk to Seven Sisters, just outside the stadium are five lads singing as they walk, hands up in the air, and I think to myself "So lucky.....so very very lucky." We merge into the crowd and it is getting dark. The singing dies quickly on the walk as people become purposeful and hurried on their way home but a brief rejoinder emerges from a group on our tube car, by the time we are ascending into Victoria station there is not even a hint of what has occurred, the connections have dissipated, the shared experience is now just mine, and people are all going about their lives and I am already trying to figure how to get back before I've even returned.

For me it was one point but it was magic.

COYS

On the plane back home and still trying to process it all.

From a personal perspective hard for me to be upset....

Felt lucky enough to be there, to have attended a match in our last season at WHL, to have a family willing to let me take off for a week, a best mate who put me up, to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with kindred spirits, to cheer on Danny as he raced down the wing, to sing and sing for Tottenham, to swell and moan with the crowd as Dele knocked the crossbar, to hold my breath at Vincent's penalty and then jump for joy, to watch Jan's header veer almost imperceptibly off target and rock the bar and another collective moan roars, to feel the game drawing to a final close and thinking to myself how I don't want any of it to end, to sing those last few times, knowing it's almost over, and then it is and then we are on our walk to Seven Sisters, just outside the stadium are five lads singing as they walk, hands up in the air, and I think to myself "So lucky.....so very very lucky." We merge into the crowd and it is getting dark. The singing dies quickly on the walk as people become purposeful and hurried on their way home but a brief rejoinder emerges from a group on our tube car, by the time we are ascending into Victoria station there is not even a hint of what has occurred, the connections have dissipated, the shared experience is now just mine, and people are all going about their lives and I am already trying to figure how to get back before I've even returned.

For me it was one point but it was magic.

COYS
Mate, that's beautiful, you should write a book about it, I'd buy the fuck right out of that...

Surely we are glad they won the league rather then man city/it's or Chelsea who would just buy the title or scum for obvious reasons.

Why hate them? Game was ours for the taking and we didn't so it's our own fault. That's the way they play and we knew that just as we did against wba and Bournemouth. So why don't we practice a way around this in training. Maybe we are but just not bringing it to match days.
I can accept this and agree to a point-do you know whether we practice having your shirt pulled, poor tackles, blatant obstructions and tactics that are so far removed form playing open football they would be better suited for American football - Total respect to them for winning the PL-love Raneriei - but I can still HATE them as a club, BIG TIME.

& I disagree with you kind sir.
We clearly couldn't handle the pressure of the title & cracked.

& if you are right then it's very worrying that they aren't bothered about finishing ahead of Woolwich.
& also that its 1st or nothing.
I would love 3rd again this season.
We were playing well until the title race was over, although the fitness of the players was starting to become an issue (a problem with all Poch's sides towards the end of season, as I think we've discussed on here before). We were fantastic at Stoke. Played well first half against West Brom but couldn't offer anything once they equalised. Played well first half against Chelsea in a very tough match but again couldn't keep it up the whole game.

At no point did it look like we couldn't handle the psychological pressure. Then after it was over, the work rate, intensity, concentration, desire, all went. Poch admitted as much in his interview after the Newcastle disaster. So yes it was basically first or nothing for the players, since they had already sealed a CL place. If sure if CL had been there to play for we would have got one point against Southampton (h) and Newcastle (a).

To me we were the only side to challenge Leicester. Woolwich weren't really in the race. We never blew the title, Leicester were well ahead of us for most of the race. They won almost every game in that crucial period between February and May; we mostly played well but dropped points in tough fixtures against Liverpool, goons and West Ham.

Leicester were in a sense lucky because it took most of the season for mid/bottom of the table sides to take them seriously and play for a draw against them. They also had a favourable run in with only one difficult game away to United, but to be fair they did over most of the top sides and were ruthlessly efficient at beating the rest too. They're very good at what they do as yesterday showed. Excellent at time-wasting, sneaky or well timed fouls, winning free-kicks, corners, breaking up play, getting men behind the ball and generally spoiling...but also excellent and very fast on the counter attack with some very talented players. I still think that their achievement in winning it was probably the best sporting achievement I've ever witnessed, and yes too right I am envious.

(All IMO of course.)

We were only really being talked up as challengers because Sky needed to hype something as there was very little going on at the end of the season to do with league places, and also there was the collective disbelief that Leicester could actually win the Premier League (although us winning it would have been pretty unexpected as well) so the race was always made out to be a lot closer than it would have been if we'd been chasing say Man City.

Must admit I bought in to the fairytale at the time too and was very disappointed at the end of the season, but now months later I can see it wasn't really in our hands.

Just realised Leicester only had one shot on goal... and (of course) scored from it!
Add that to the fact it was their first point away from home this season and you've got yourself a classic Spursy day all round really!

Just realised Leicester only had one shot on goal... and (of course) scored from it!
Add that to the fact it was their first point away from home this season and you've got yourself a classic Spursy day all round really!
last season, we would have lost 1-0.
recently someone said, we have leaned how not to lose.

Clinical.

Back
Top Bottom