Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the plane back home and still trying to process it all.

From a personal perspective hard for me to be upset....

Felt lucky enough to be there, to have attended a match in our last season at WHL, to have a family willing to let me take off for a week, a best mate who put me up, to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with kindred spirits, to cheer on Danny as he raced down the wing, to sing and sing for Tottenham, to swell and moan with the crowd as Dele knocked the crossbar, to hold my breath at Vincent's penalty and then jump for joy, to watch Jan's header veer almost imperceptibly off target and rock the bar and another collective moan roars, to feel the game drawing to a final close and thinking to myself how I don't want any of it to end, to sing those last few times, knowing it's almost over, and then it is and then we are on our walk to Seven Sisters, just outside the stadium are five lads singing as they walk, hands up in the air, and I think to myself "So lucky.....so very very lucky." We merge into the crowd and it is getting dark. The singing dies quickly on the walk as people become purposeful and hurried on their way home but a brief rejoinder emerges from a group on our tube car, by the time we are ascending into Victoria station there is not even a hint of what has occurred, the connections have dissipated, the shared experience is now just mine, and people are all going about their lives and I am already trying to figure how to get back before I've even returned.

For me it was one point but it was magic.

COYS

Gatsby

95:02
Game - Spurs vs Leicester
Location - The Lane
KO - 15:00

Team.

---------------Lloris----------
Walker--Toby--Jan--Davies
----Wanyama-Dembele----
Son-----------Alli----------Eriksen
---------------Janssen-----------

Another tough game. Leicester come off the back of 2 wins. We need to start finding the net, soon. Janssen will be needed as Morgan and Huth will sit deep. Get him holding the ball up and allow Son, Alli and Eriksen to run off him.

Toby being back is a huge bonus, and Dembele is another game fitter. Hopefully, big hope, Kane may make the bench but I won't hold my breath.

Get the win, regroup and kick on!

fox-254968.jpg

Funny thing is, people bang on about how much they hate Leicester, then ridicule the idea of them being rivals. Surely the two go hand in hand. Hating them so much makes them rivals by definition. As it happens, I don't hate them, and I don't count them as rivals

It's getting tiresome to see all these mediocre clubs picking us as their main rival because they can't get a proper derby going with their local opponents. Leicester, Southampton, West Ham... all seem to view us as their most hated rivals nowadays. West Ham I can obviously understand since they are at least a London club as well. And with Millwall usually being in a different division, they naturally look to other local clubs to start a rivalry with, fair enough, but the other two... get real.

Southampton being upset about us getting people out of their club, yet Liverpool, United and Woolwich do it just as much, if not more, but somehow we're the ones getting the blame. Liverpool signed three of their players in one freaking transfer window! Among those were their captain and top-goalscorer. And later they added Clyne and Mane as well. Go pick them as your rivals, leave us out of it.

The Leicester thing is even more cringe worthy, they had a complete freak season, with pretty much all the top-teams seriously underperforming, thereby giving them a clear run to the title. We were the one good club who performed above expectation, but a title-run was never expected, nor were we ever truly close to winning it. I guess most Spurs fans were just as surprised as Leicester fans were that their respective clubs actually had a chance of winning the league, but even if we had won against Chelsea our chances of winning the league were still small. As a whole most Spurs fans were quite happy with our performance last year. Yet, in order to glorify their own achievements Leicester fans will have you believe they battled us out of a head-to-head confrontation for the title, in which we completely bottled it and threw away a 100% certain PL trophy win, and that we were completely heart-broken by it all. I was actually more upset at finishing below Woolwich then I was about losing out on the title. That was never ours to win to begin with, it had always been an outside possibility at best. Finishing third behind Woolwich with the lead we had over them was poor from our part, that was disappointing, but the title was very unlikely to happen.

I congratulate Leicester with winning the title, that was very impressive. I applaud that achievement, and it was actually refreshing to see a team outside of the traditional Sky-teams winning it, but their attempt at trying to establish a rivalry that just isn't there is quite frankly embarrassing.

Last edited:
Can't wait for us to smash Woolwich.

All you cunts will hate it, of course.
Stop being so fucking pious. Nobody here wants us to drop points, so wind that shite in.

Expressions of anger and frustration are more than allowed when we've not played well for an extended period. Just because you only see the good in this situation, doesn't make you Mr Spurs, the greatest supporter ever.

One might almost think you are the one delighted at yet more dropped points as it gives you the opportunity to be superior on here. Cut it out.

So teams that want to be our rivals but aren't:

West Ham
QPR
Southampton
Watford
Leicester

You can understand why Leicester consider us as rivals..

We have won the FA Cup 8 times and they have won it 0 times.
We have won the league twice and they have won it once.
We have won 3 European trophies and they have won 0
We have won the league cup 4 times and they have won it 3 times.
We did the double, they didn't..
We get 90k CL attendance, they get 30k.
They are only 100 miles up the road..

So as you can see, the similarities are scary..

Last edited:
Notts Forest or Birmingham?
Nobody wants to play with them. They've tried it on with Forest and Derby - they don't want to know either. We're just finding out, but those clubs realised how pointless they are. They are comfortably the scummiest people in the country - I can't bring myself to call them fans.

4 weeks ago it was Ranieri out. Most of them were saying that Ranieri was just dumb lucky to inherit Pearson's fantastic team, and it was thanks Claudio, but fuck off. They are just a group of mutant gobshites who are unable to articulate the simplest of thoughts. The rest of England wants nothing to do with Leicester or the revolting people who represent them.

As someone pointed out earlier, Sky and BT's viewing figures are going over a cliff - Leicester are to blame. Their anti-football is turning people off in their thousands - coupled with fact that they can't sell their games out to their own supporters - as champions (no less). I think the country knows exactly what they are - a nasty little racist club with shithouse fans.

It is bizarre to see so many of these Leicester trolls showing up here to gloat over a 1-1 draw.

Why are they trying to whip up some non existing rivalry between our two clubs? Is it because no one in the midlands considers them important enough to give a fuck about?

Is this thread going to be another where everyone spends the build up being very confident we'll win and then saying shite like "ooooh, I knew they'd be tough, so that's a great point and another clean sheet" when it doesn't happen?

Back
Top Bottom