Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why does it seem like a load of Leicester fans have joined the forum just to boast about how they didn't lose today?

That'd be sad if they were still in League Two, never mind PL title holders.

Talking about Leicester as our rivals? Do me a favour, they have had their so called 60 seconds of fame and are now back in the group including WBA and Stoke. Our rivals are either geographical including the Spammers or because of size of club including supporters and sucess such as Everton. Certainly not Leicester.
Some will disagree with Everton but older supporters will know they are similar in size to us and really should be up there with us and have underperformed for a couple of years.

Just try to remember they stopped Woolwich winning the title. Hope that helps a bit!
That's actually a really great point. I don't really get this Leicester hate. What they achieved was incredible. It's obvious a few of their fans are gonna get mouthy and above themselves. Who can blame them. Think I'd rather reserve my hatred for the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester Utd etc....Not clubs like Little Leicester City.

They couldn't muster the energy to finish above our huge rivals? I still hope that wasn't the case, otherwise we'd be as well giving up. Anyone who doesn't understand the need to beat them in any way needs to fuck off asap.
The players didn't give a shit after Chelsea. It was a disgrace, and completely unprofessional.

& I disagree with you kind sir.
We clearly couldn't handle the pressure of the title & cracked.

& if you are right then it's very worrying that they aren't bothered about finishing ahead of Woolwich.
& also that its 1st or nothing.
I would love 3rd again this season.
We were playing well until the title race was over, although the fitness of the players was starting to become an issue (a problem with all Poch's sides towards the end of season, as I think we've discussed on here before). We were fantastic at Stoke. Played well first half against West Brom but couldn't offer anything once they equalised. Played well first half against Chelsea in a very tough match but again couldn't keep it up the whole game.

At no point did it look like we couldn't handle the psychological pressure. Then after it was over, the work rate, intensity, concentration, desire, all went. Poch admitted as much in his interview after the Newcastle disaster. So yes it was basically first or nothing for the players, since they had already sealed a CL place. If sure if CL had been there to play for we would have got one point against Southampton (h) and Newcastle (a).

To me we were the only side to challenge Leicester. Woolwich weren't really in the race. We never blew the title, Leicester were well ahead of us for most of the race. They won almost every game in that crucial period between February and May; we mostly played well but dropped points in tough fixtures against Liverpool, goons and West Ham.

Leicester were in a sense lucky because it took most of the season for mid/bottom of the table sides to take them seriously and play for a draw against them. They also had a favourable run in with only one difficult game away to United, but to be fair they did over most of the top sides and were ruthlessly efficient at beating the rest too. They're very good at what they do as yesterday showed. Excellent at time-wasting, sneaky or well timed fouls, winning free-kicks, corners, breaking up play, getting men behind the ball and generally spoiling...but also excellent and very fast on the counter attack with some very talented players. I still think that their achievement in winning it was probably the best sporting achievement I've ever witnessed, and yes too right I am envious.

(All IMO of course.)

If they said that, they're wrong. We beat them 4-3 at home, think it was April 2015. Ranieri didn't lose to us in the Premier League with Leicester, a massive TWO games, one draw, one defeat for us at home.

Overall we have played Leicester four times under Ranieri incl. Cup ties; one win, two draws, one defeat.
It was still Leicester in the Premier League, though. We haven't been them in the league under Ranieri, like I said, in a massive two games.
I think they mean ranieri versus us.
So when he was in charge of chelsea too.

Wow. I'd have had Dembele as your most important player (although based on MOTD and a few live games - obviously you'll know much more about it). He just seems to drive you on.

Wow - We've found a sensible poster from another club..

Usually they come on here spout the biggest load of crap then leave.. Bluedog seems quite knowledgeable

Our starting XI better make sure we're ahead after an hour, because if we still need to score a goal around that time I don't really see anyone on the bench who can come on and do that.

Racist remarks. Can someone get this cunts IP address?

Done 1 better and took a pic from his webcam so everyone can see the ugly cunt....

1OvdB8S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom