Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Game - Spurs vs Leicester
Location - The Lane
KO - 15:00

Team.

---------------Lloris----------
Walker--Toby--Jan--Davies
----Wanyama-Dembele----
Son-----------Alli----------Eriksen
---------------Janssen-----------

Another tough game. Leicester come off the back of 2 wins. We need to start finding the net, soon. Janssen will be needed as Morgan and Huth will sit deep. Get him holding the ball up and allow Son, Alli and Eriksen to run off him.

Toby being back is a huge bonus, and Dembele is another game fitter. Hopefully, big hope, Kane may make the bench but I won't hold my breath.

Get the win, regroup and kick on!

About time we got a win really.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Janssen
Worrying times if we can't beat this Leicester team at home, especially as it would mean 5 games without a win since our impressive performance against Man City. To be fair our last 4 games HAVE been away and that's more worrying in itself as our away form the past few years has been great. No reason why we can't win every one of our home games this season.

think I'd play Lamela and Son up front for VJ. Leicester have slow CB's need to run around them

Janssen is the only one in our team who could bully the likes of Huth and Morgan - let him hold the ball up and get the likes of Alli and Son to run in behind.

About time we got a win really.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Son - Alli - Eriksen
Janssen
Worrying times if we can't beat this Leicester team at home, especially as it would mean 5 games without a win since our impressive performance against Man City. To be fair our last 4 games HAVE been away and that's more worrying in itself as our away form the past few years has been great. No reason why we can't win every one of our home games this season.
Yep would go with that team BUT in a 4-1-4-1 formation.

We are due a stellar performance, rather than a performance to drive us to the Stella.

I think we will deliver on Saturday. Everyone rested up from the first team. Let's get the show back on the road & put tonight's disappointment behind us.

3-0.

Game - Spurs vs Leicester
Location - The Lane
KO - 15:00

Team.

---------------Lloris----------
Walker--Toby--Jan--Davies
----Wanyama-Dembele----
Son-----------Alli----------Eriksen
---------------Janssen-----------

Another tough game. Leicester come off the back of 2 wins. We need to start finding the net, soon. Janssen will be needed as Morgan and Huth will sit deep. Get him holding the ball up and allow Son, Alli and Eriksen to run off him.

Toby being back is a huge bonus, and Dembele is another game fitter. Hopefully, big hope, Kane may make the bench but I won't hold my breath.

Get the win, regroup and kick on!
For me, Lamela should start. If ahead of anyone, replace Eriksen.
He will drive us forward as much as Dembele promises. He always gives 100% and gets stuck in. He makes mistakes and gets a little over excited, thats not a bad thing. He's energy and over enthusiasm is easier to pull back than getting Eriksen fired up. I read on another post that Dembele is injured, broken a nail or something-so team almost picks itself with Lamela?

Poch must get a good performance and result from this. We are a good side and we must start demonstrating this to send a message to all that we mean business (we need to grow up).
COYS

Janssen is the only one in our team who could bully the likes of Huth and Morgan - let him hold the ball up and get the likes of Alli and Son to run in behind.
Huth and Morgan bullied everyone last season so should cope with a 22 year old-who is trying to find his form.
Janssen is a very clever skilled football player and hopefully not get bullied by them. He drifts wide, maybe its either because he doesn't like the CB attentions or goes looking for the ball (trying too hard). His excellent hold up play may be key on Saturday-agree, with players running around and off him. Hope he scores and plays a blinder, I do like him lots.

Damn right.
Whilst it doesn't (yet) fall into the category of "MUST WIN"... it's certainly up there in the; "JUST FUCKING WIN THIS WILL YA"
stakes!

A wrong needs to be righted after last season...

And we've GOT to start bettering corresponding results from last year at SOME point if we want to improve on last year's finish... so far, it's the same, or worse (after last Saturday!)

We've gone through a strange period of late but still there fighting with the pack.
Good run of games coming up-plently of rest time in between so no excuses. Another Wembley appearance in the CL.
We haven't experienced the, kane return factor yet, Im moist with excitement of his return.

Back
Top Bottom