Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's because there is no retrospective action. Go back 20-30 years things where dirty but in a completely different way (fights etc) but what was so popular in the leagues of Southern Europe became popular because it's hard for a ref in real time to make a fair call.

If they gave 3 match bans for every dive (obvious dives I mean I get there are borderlines and exaggerated falls hard to judge) then this crap would go away. The weird thing is players get reputations and in the long run it stops them getting penalties. Bale did a bit of diving in the early parts of his career then later on when there was genuine fouls refs thought he was just play acting.

The FA will retrospectively punish players for bad tackles but it has no balls on play acting and it ruins the game and sets the example that cheats prosper and win. All of the cheating in the game is at the door of the FA, UEFA and FIFA and their spinelessness.

Yeah, agreed. Vardy has a reputation, Jon "the idiot" Moss decides that he dives against West Ham, Vardy sent off (particuarly galling that the week after he let an Woolwich dive go with no booking despite there being no contact at all) - but consequently Vardy has been much more circumspect. A bit like the "holding in the box" stuff - (which our defenders interpreted as "you're not allowed to defend corners anymore" for a couple of weeks). Once the punishment is applied consistently and fairly, the problem goes away. I have no idea why the ruling bodies are so weak on this. Perhaps it's because it's so endemic on the continent that they just feel they can't stop it now. But of course they could.

Last edited:
I take a keen interest in the Bundesliga and was mighty impressed with Okazaki at Mainz, seeming to score and generally create havoc in the opposition's penalty area whenever I caught the match highlights. He's carried that sharpness and intensity with him into the Premier League and is a real ball ache to play against. If he plays tomorrow, I have him down as your most dangerous player (from a Spurs perspective).

Yes, he was dynamite at Mainz (though to be honest, I didn't know much about him when he arrived). I think he'll have to start, he made such a difference to us recently. Wouldn't say he's our most dangerous player, but has become one of the most important, after Drinkwater, who has been consistently fantastic.

He's been here a while mate. He's a good lad.

Hi Joe - have just employed a guy who unveiled himself as a Spurs fan during his first interview (because of course, that's one of the first questions you ask - do you like football?") - he's going tomorrow. My chairman is a big Spurs fan too. Monday morning - this chap's first day - should be interesting....

Completely Ok. A very nuanced insult, bravo.
No nuance or insult intended. I think your a bloody good poster for an away fan. But not tonight. I hope we thrash your team senseless tomorrow. If you're around when that happens, you'll be a legend on here. But somehow, I reckon you'll only show your netizen face if you get something out of this game. Just a hunch though. Respect to you but not your club.

No nuance or insult intended. I think your a bloody good poster for an away fan. But not tonight. I hope we thrash your team senseless tomorrow. If you're around when that happens, you'll be a legend on here. But somehow, I reckon you'll only show your netizen face if you get something out of this game. Just a hunch though. Respect to you but not your club.

Ha. I get it. I'm desperate for a result myself, of course. If we get stuffed though I'll still be around - and if we win, history shows I don't gloat. If I avoided others fans every time we lost, I'd be one lonely bastard.

I really don't know how this game will go. The last few games we've been in a strange patch where we haven't played badly but have found it difficult to get the ball in the net. We did this last season early on and it was really frustrating, but Poch eventually sorted it out. So the question is has he sorted it out yet or will it be next game instead. I don't know, but we've at home and I'd be surprised if we lost.

If they said that, they're wrong. We beat them 4-3 at home, think it was April 2015. Ranieri didn't lose to us in the Premier League with Leicester, a massive TWO games, one draw, one defeat for us at home.

Overall we have played Leicester four times under Ranieri incl. Cup ties; one win, two draws, one defeat.

2 x
I think that was under Nigel Pearson??

Ranieri joined summer 2015

It was still Leicester in the Premier League, though. We haven't been them in the league under Ranieri, like I said, in a massive two games.

Ranieri 2015 - 16 Leicester vs Spurs:

Epl 1-1 @Leicester
Epl 0-1@WHL
FAcup 2-2 @WHL
FAcup 0-2 @Leic

We have NOT beaten them in the epl under Ranieri.

Ranieri seems to rest his big guns the game before a CL, and seems a win will guarantee they top their group I think it'll be the same.

I can't see Mahrez and Vardy both starting, but Musa's pace could cause trouble.

No Toby, but Dier can easily fit in. Janssen up top with Son, Alli and either Eriksen/Lamela off him. Wanyama and Dembele sitting. Nice to see Winks get some game time if possible.

Ranieri seems to rest his big guns the game before a CL, and seems a win will guarantee they top their group I think it'll be the same.

I can't see Mahrez and Vardy both starting, but Musa's pace could cause trouble.

No Toby, but Dier can easily fit in. Janssen up top with Son, Alli and either Eriksen/Lamela off him. Wanyama and Dembele sitting. Nice to see Winks get some game time if possible.

Probably see similar to their line up against Palace.

Seems ages since my last live game - Man C - so looking forward to it immensely. Just hope the team are wearing their scoring boots, don't care who TBH, as long as we get one more than them!!

Back
Top Bottom