Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. But that's the point I was making. Oh, look at shitty Leicester, can't buy a point away from home. Easy 3-0 win. I think we both know that ain't gonna happen. Unless of course it does, then I'll happily return here for everyone to witness me wiping the egg off my face.

So what's the point about looking at form? Anyway, none of us know what's going to happen. You seem to be implying that people are idiots to expect a win. No different to the idiots who expect to win away games at middling clubs. I think that we're a better team than them, we're at home, so I think we'll win. Based on the evidence what else should I think?

Why are you laughing at people predicting a 3-1 win? We might lose 5-0 but that's not based on anything sensible either.

Last edited:
Alright gents? Looking forward to it? Not sure I am..
On current form, which I guess is the best indicator (certainly more so than how many games Ranieri has won or lost or whatever), I wouldn't be surprised to see an uncomfortable afternoon for us. There have been signs recently that we're starting to click again, but our away performances have been awful. Top teams (and you fall into that category) who play cleverly between the lines separate our midfield from defence and that's where we're in trouble. We really miss Kante, and the bloke we bought to replace him only managed 55 minutes before getting crocked.
Having said all that, it's football, so who the hell knows? But I'd happily take the point now.

On current form, which I guess is the best indicator (certainly more so than how many games Ranieri has won or lost or whatever), I wouldn't be surprised to see an uncomfortable afternoon for us. There have been signs recently that we're starting to click again, but our away performances have been awful. Top teams (and you fall into that category) who play cleverly between the lines separate our midfield from defence and that's where we're in trouble. We really miss Kante, and the bloke we bought to replace him only managed 55 minutes before getting crocked.
Having said all that, it's football, so who the hell knows? But I'd happily take the point now.

Based on last season though - you've got to think your boys will more up for this then they would going up against a Man Utd or a Liverpool for example.

He plays for Everton.. I can confirm he has never played for us.:pocheyes:

So what's the point about looking at form? Anyway, none of us know what's going to happen. You seem to be implying that people are idiots to expect a win. No different to the idiots who expect to win away games at middling clubs. I think that we're a better team than them, we're at home, so I think we'll win. Based on the evidence what else should I think?

Why are you laughing at people predicting a 3-1 win? We might lose 5-0 but that's not based on anything sensible either.
No where did I call people idiots, and to imply I did is out of order. As is accusing me of laughing at them, when I said I laughed at the predictions. Nice twisting of words. The reason I did laugh is because the same people predicted similar results against WBA and Bournemouth. As for 'what else should I think?', how about weighing up the current form, previous opposition for our opponents (in this case Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea) and our own stats - 2 goals in our last four matches - which might lead you to a balanced conclusion. If every result went to form, winning the pools and prediction games would be a formality.

Based on last season though - you've got to think your boys will more up for this then they would going up against a Man Utd or a Liverpool for example.
I'm not convinced that players necessarily think like that - I mean, NLD or Scouse/ Man U etc, yes, but I don't think there's any animosity as such with this one from the players perspective, or a need to prove anything. I think they'll just be desperate to put on a reasonable away performance.

Very good. Wish he WAS playing for you though.

I'm sorry i'm bored today..

Should be a good game tomorrow. Your poor away form must be of concern? saying that we are not exactly in blistering form ourselves.
Can see this being a very tight game with a single goal being the difference.
I just hope our players understand the word revenge..

No where did I call people idiots, and to imply I did is out of order. As is accusing me of laughing at them, when I said I laughed at the predictions. Nice twisting of words. The reason I did laugh is because the same people predicted similar results against WBA and Bournemouth. As for 'what else should I think?', how about weighing up the current form, previous opposition for our opponents (in this case Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea) and our own stats - 2 goals in our last four matches - which might lead you to a balanced conclusion. If every result went to form, winning the pools and prediction games would be a formality.

Fair do's I apologise for that. Yes, Leicester's previous 3 opponents were the 3 you mentioned, and before that Hull. Aren't we in the same bracket as those 3 teams? Why should we not be in that bracket? I thought we'd beat City because their 6 wins came against 5 out the bottom 6 at the time, so I felt their position was slightly false. I do look at other factors, and one of them is that this is a home game after a difficult run of 5 away games.

If you think we'll draw that's fine, it's your money.

I'm sorry i'm bored today..

Should be a good game tomorrow. Your poor away form must be of concern? saying that we are not exactly in blistering form ourselves.
Can see this being a very tight game with a single goal being the difference.
I just hope our players understand the word revenge..

We're just weird at the moment. Last weekend against Palace we played really well, and completely blew them away, once we figured that somehow somewhere might just have picked up on the fact that Vardy likes the odd ball over the top. Mahrez was looking like himself again - their fullback looked like he wanted to anywhere else after 30 mins. So that's encouraging. But our away form - admittedly, against good teams (I've wiped the Hull fiasco from my memory banks) has been shite, and completely at odds with last season. So I'm more than concerned about tomorrow, but honestly wouldn't be surprised by any result. I'm just glad Son's stopped scoring - is why you seem a bit lacklustre? No goalscorer?

Fair do's I apologise for that. Yes, Leicester's previous 3 opponents were the 3 you mentioned, and before that Hull. Aren't we in the same bracket as those 3 teams? Why should we not be in that bracket? I thought we'd beat City because their 6 wins came against 5 out the bottom 6 at the time, so I felt their position was slightly false. I do look at other factors, and one of them is that this is a home game after a difficult run of 5 away games.

If you think we'll draw that's fine, it's your money.

Apologies accepted. I just think that Leicester's previous results were based upon them trying to integrate a lot of new players and finding a formation that works without the departed Kante. I believe that they are getting better and therefore we are probably going to face a stronger, more resilient team. But as I said previously, all this conjecture could come to nought and we get a comfortable win. Please god let us have a comfortable win!

Funnily enough, I also predicted a win against city (3-1) for much the same reason as you. Maybe we're not so far apart.

Apologies accepted. I just think that Leicester's previous results were based upon them trying to integrate a lot of new players and finding a formation that works without the departed Kante. I believe that they are getting better and therefore we are probably going to face a stronger, more resilient team. But as I said previously, all this conjecture could come to nought and we get a comfortable win. Please god let us have a comfortable win!

Funnily enough, I also predicted a win against city (3-1) for much the same reason as you. Maybe we're not so far apart.

Yes, we could really do with a decent win. It would silence the murmuring.

A repeat performance of the City match and it's a comfortable win. Just have a worry that Toby is gonna be a huge loss for us.
Is he not playing? Damn. Was banking in him running into someone else at a corner to leave Huth free. Might be the only way we'll score.

Seriously though, he's a class defender.

Is he not playing? Damn. Was banking in him running into someone else at a corner to leave Huth free. Might be the only way we'll score.

Seriously though, he's a class defender.

Apparently not, according to Poch in the press conference. He's not just a class defender as you rightly say, but has terrific distribution and is our main threat at corners. IMHO he's our most important player, just ahead of Loris and Dembele.

Apparently not, according to Poch in the press conference. He's not just a class defender as you rightly say, but has terrific distribution and is our main threat at corners. IMHO he's our most important player, just ahead of Loris and Dembele.

Wow. I'd have had Dembele as your most important player (although based on MOTD and a few live games - obviously you'll know much more about it). He just seems to drive you on.

Back
Top Bottom