Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was kinda hoping for Ian Walker to complete my hall of fame 5 a side team from the 90's of
Walker, Carr, Anderton, Ginola, Sheringham.
I'm guessing there must be subs? Have Robbo and Walker playing a half each maybe.

Absolutely delighted how this is lining up though. Still over half an 11 to go yet too!

Am I deluding myself in thinking that Spurs might be waiting to see the fate of Real Madrid's season before trying to tempt Modric and Bale for this?
If they win tomorrow night there is no hope but if they go out of the Champions League and Atletico wrap up La Liga quickly there might be a small chance.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Robbo is a legend?

04-07 was when I was going to the lane often, he was easily 10 points a season back then when we had Noe Paramot and Atouba in defence, he was superb, I stopped supporting England when they ruined his career, you can track his sad decline to directly after the Gary Neville backpass and carrying ball over the line on another error, both ruined him. Very sad - he was a great keeper

Am I the only one who doesn't think Robbo is a legend?
It's not a legends team though, it's players that King played with.. Besides, who would be a 'legend' goalkeeper that could still play?

Unless this stems from you misunderstanding my colloquial use of the word 'legend' in my initial post in which case :adelol:

Also think it's nice to see him back playing after his illness. I know he's at Blackburn but he loves it here and we loved him as 'keeper!

Don't get me wrong. Great servant for the club, but I don't see him as a great player. He's still only 34. Once an England international and now a championship stalwart.

I dunno, but maybe I was hoping for a bit more than just "players who've played with Ledders". Frankly I think King deserves the very best to be turning out, just as been the case for Giggs, et al. Having said that, with Gomes still on our books, Robbo is probably the only credible keeper we've had in recent years that we can ask back. So maybe I'm jumping the gun...

Last edited:
04-07 was when I was going to the lane often, he was easily 10 points a season back then when we had Noe Paramot and Atouba in defence, he was superb, I stopped supporting England when they ruined his career, you can track his sad decline to directly after the Gary Neville backpass and carrying ball over the line on another error, both ruined him. Very sad - he was a great keeper
Agree. England kills managers and goalkeepers. Did David Seaman do much after 2002?

Conspiracy theory time.
Are they slow releasing the names of the players because they are going to sack Tim and don't know for certain if Ferdinand and Freund will still be employed by the time the game comes round.

Think about it they should pretty much be a shoe in to play some part on the day but won't necessarily be kept on by a new manager who will want his own coaching staff.
Would be terribly awkward to have to drop them from the line up in this scenario.

Agree. England kills managers and goalkeepers. Did David Seaman do much after 2002?

Well we don't care about the pony tail but there is history, Ian Walker getting beaten near post all those years ago helped ruin his confidence too, and I really liked him too. that was for me England's first offence, After they killed the confident and talented Robbo that was it for me, along with the many other reasons - no more England

Back
Top Bottom