Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glenn Hoddle to return to management at Tottenham for Ledley King's testimonial... as defender contemplates joining Gianfranco Zola and Co in legend's tournament

Glenn Hoddle will be back at White Hart Lane as manager once again, but it may not be Ledley King's grand farewell in a Tottenham shirt.

The iconic defender had to retire in 2012 after chronic knee problems, and is to captain a guest XI managed by Hoddle at his testimonial in May.

What's more, King is also contemplating a 'competitive' comeback in a new Football30 legends tournament just a week later.

article-2607887-004CAEE200000258-568_634x538.jpg

+6
Welcome to return: Glenn Hoddle will manage Ledley King's team at the defender's testimonial

article-2607887-01344BD700000514-519_306x423.jpg

+6
article-2607887-1246C3EC000005DC-586_306x423.jpg

+6

Injury prone: King, who has been out of action since 2012, is considering participating in a legends tournament
King said: 'I'm going to be playing for the first time in two years that Monday 12th May at my own testimonial match, so I'm going to have to play by ear because of my knee injuries.'

The legend's tournament is to be held at Brisbane Road, and Hoddle is organising event.

Four London teams will be reminiscing back to their 'glory' days as they bring a host of former players to the event.

Gianfranco Zola will be a player/manager for Chelsea, which features the likes of Andriy Shevchenko.

Ian Wright and Sportsmail's Martin Keown will be on show for Woolwich, while Paolo di Canio and Martin Allen are the stand-out names for West Ham's legend team.

Ricky Villa will be in action for Spurs, who are captained by Ossie Ardilles.

TOTTENHAM - SUPER SPURS
Ossie Ardilles - Manager

Carlo Cudicini/James Walker

Justin Edinburgh
Paul Miller
Graham Roberts
John Scales
Gary Stevens
Colin Calderwood

Danny Murphy
Steve Sedgley
David Howells
Mickey Hazard
Ricky Villa
Simon Davies
Sean Davis

Paul Walsh
Gerry Armstrong
Mark Falco
Teddy Sheringham
Darren Anderton
Ruel Fox

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...Zola-Co-legends-tournament.html#ixzz2zHn9UJKJ

Glenn Hoddle to return to management at Tottenham for Ledley King's testimonial... as defender contemplates joining Gianfranco Zola and Co in legend's tournament
Glenn Hoddle will be back at White Hart Lane as manager once again, but it may not be Ledley King's grand farewell in a Tottenham shirt.

The iconic defender had to retire in 2012 after chronic knee problems, and is to captain a guest XI managed by Hoddle at his testimonial in May.

What's more, King is also contemplating a 'competitive' comeback in a new Football30 legends tournament just a week later.

article-2607887-004CAEE200000258-568_634x538.jpg

+6
Welcome to return: Glenn Hoddle will manage Ledley King's team at the defender's testimonial

article-2607887-01344BD700000514-519_306x423.jpg

+6
article-2607887-1246C3EC000005DC-586_306x423.jpg

+6

Injury prone: King, who has been out of action since 2012, is considering participating in a legends tournament
King said: 'I'm going to be playing for the first time in two years that Monday 12th May at my own testimonial match, so I'm going to have to play by ear because of my knee injuries.'

The legend's tournament is to be held at Brisbane Road, and Hoddle is organising event.

Four London teams will be reminiscing back to their 'glory' days as they bring a host of former players to the event.

Gianfranco Zola will be a player/manager for Chelsea, which features the likes of Andriy Shevchenko.

Ian Wright and Sportsmail's Martin Keown will be on show for Woolwich, while Paolo di Canio and Martin Allen are the stand-out names for West Ham's legend team.

Ricky Villa will be in action for Spurs, who are captained by Ossie Ardilles.

TOTTENHAM - SUPER SPURS
Ossie Ardilles - Manager

Carlo Cudicini/James Walker

Justin Edinburgh
Paul Miller
Graham Roberts
John Scales
Gary Stevens
Colin Calderwood

Danny Murphy
Steve Sedgley
David Howells
Mickey Hazard
Ricky Villa
Simon Davies
Sean Davis

Paul Walsh
Gerry Armstrong
Mark Falco
Teddy Sheringham
Darren Anderton
Ruel Fox

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...Zola-Co-legends-tournament.html#ixzz2zHn9UJKJ

Jimmy Walker as a Spurs legend is a bit of a stretch (as are some of the others).......did he even make one appearance?

That'll be a sarcastic 'yeah definitely' from Friedel when someone asked him then, won't it? He's not playing..

Although if he did.. Positive reception or boos?

Why anyone would boo Gareth Bale is beyond me.

I can only imagine that he's thinking "thank fuck for that" seeing the charades of this season. He gave us an awful lot and left us with £86m to replace him - can't fault him even if that money wasn't completely well spent

Back
Top Bottom