Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Ian Walker comments are interesting.. He was the first goalkeeper I remember playing for us and I don't think I ever liked him. Sticks in my memory that he always used to sit there and smile/laugh whenever he conceded, that got on my nerves.
Think my favourite GK down the years (besides Hugo) would probably be Robbo (didn't think he had much ability but was very likeable) or Erik The Viking (saw his name in a Spurs book when I was about 6 and thought that was a cool name).

Conspiracy theory time.
Are they slow releasing the names of the players because they are going to sack Tim
and don't know for certain if Ferdinand and Freund will still be employed by the time the game comes round.

Think about it they should pretty much be a shoe in to play some part on the day but won't necessarily be kept on by a new manager who will want his own coaching staff.
Would be terribly awkward to have to drop them from the line up in this scenario.

No, it's just a handy way of having multiple opportunities to advertise the game.

Plus there are some players who won't yet know if they are available - Bale for example defo won't play if Real are in the CL final.

Yeah I really can't see Bale playing, although it would be nice to see him back for one last game. I wonder if Gary Doherty could make a cameo appearance, that'd be hilarious. Or Nicola Berti... did his stint overlap with Ledley's?

The Ian Walker comments are interesting.. He was the first goalkeeper I remember playing for us and I don't think I ever liked him. Sticks in my memory that he always used to sit there and smile/laugh whenever he conceded, that got on my nerves.
Think my favourite GK down the years (besides Hugo) would probably be Robbo or Erik The Viking (saw his name in a Spurs book when I was about 6 and thought that was a cool name).

You know 'The Viking' wasn't Erik's REAL surname!!
As for the Walker dislike, I think his perceived arrogance came from the moment on (his debut?) up at the City Ground, where he caught a crossed ball ONE HANDED!! I remember those around me comparing him to Jennings in an instant...
Possibly the first airing of the Spurs-fan Knee-jerks!!

Think my favourite GK down the years (besides Hugo) would probably be Robbo (didn't think he had much ability but was very likeable) or Erik The Viking (saw his name in a Spurs book when I was about 6 and thought that was a cool name).

He used to take forever to distribute the ball from what I recall.

I met Walker on 2 occasions as a kid, both times he came across as a prick
I met him, he took loads of pictures with me, rang me up at home once and sent me a christmas card...
tumblr_n4t6i5q4XK1qbpv1zo1_500.jpg

What?! Now I'm starting to think this was a personal thing
It was in the pub after a game, he was there with a few other players i think, can't remember who, but walker was my favourite at the time. My dad asked if he'd have a few pictures with me, so he posed for that one above, then his (walkers) mate was saying "Ah he's only a little lad, pick him up" And Walker was reluctant too at first, citing a bad back, but did eventually, and I've had that picture framed ever since.
I really want him to play so i can take it and get it signed actually.

But yeah, he was a gent, to my knowledge. Even with my dad bothering him whilst tryna have a pint. I think he chatted with my dad for a bit as well.

Back
Top Bottom