Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like we have another.

Teddy confirmed

Our Legendary former captain will lead a Guest XI squad from his playing days to celebrate his career against the current First Team on a night sure to stir some fond memories at the Lane.

Teddy made 276 First Team appearances in a Spurs shirt during two spells with the Club, scoring 124 goals, with Darren netting 48 goals in 358 appearances in our colours.

Speaking on the announcement, Teddy said: “To play in Ledley’s testimonial is a real privilege not only because he was a wonderful player but also because he is a great guy as well.

“Ledley was a fantastic player, incredibly consistent and if he had steered clear of injuries then I think he would have played even more games for Tottenham and England – he was talked about with high praise from every England manager, they all wanted him in their team.”

Teddy’s former teammate for club and country, Darren added: “I’m really looking forward to going back to the Lane again. I haven’t played there since I left so that will be an extra bonus as well as showing my support for Ledley. He has always been a humble guy, no airs and graces, he just went out and played his football.

“There was never a settling-in period when he started out, he just breezed into the team. He was so comfortable at both centre-midfield and centre-back. He trained the same way as he played – top class.”

Keep an eye on our club channels for further updates on which other former favourites from Ledley's era will be rolling back the years on his big night.

Yes! Very pleased to see Teddy back. Still my favourite all time Spurs player. I'm looking forward to this more than any of the league games we have left.

I think I'd rather have Ledley, Anderton, Sheringham and Ginola in our first team in their current than some of the guys we have now. At least you know they wouldn't be moping around.

Ledley's xi is off to a great start. Who else would be on the wish list? I'd love to see Davids and Poyet play. Our coaching staff with Sherwood, Freund, and Ferdinand all seem like obvious potential choices. Mainly I just hope Jamie Redknapp doesn't play.

I think I'd rather have Ledley, Anderton, Sheringham and Ginola in our first team in their current than some of the guys we have now. At least you know they wouldn't be moping around.

Ledley's xi is off to a great start. Who else would be on the wish list? I'd love to see Davids and Poyet play. Our coaching staff with Sherwood, Freund, and Ferdinand all seem like obvious potential choices. Mainly I just hope Jamie Redknapp doesn't play.

Agree to all the players you mention, albeit that naming the ones on the coaching staff seems a bit lazy.

I'd like to see VDV play. I'm hoping for a couple of five minute cameos from Bale & Modric as well (yes I know they have a match the day before, but so do we and I'm sure a few of the players we field the day before will also make short appearances) - or at the very least for them to attend. Maybe Carrick as well.

Yes! Very pleased to see Teddy back. Still my favourite all time Spurs player. I'm looking forward to this more than any of the league games we have left.

Gutted I cant go to this, loved Ted too

Also those in the UK now.... get outside and enjoy yourselves fuck this forum, Its a crime that America, arguably more God fairing than England have no Good Friday or Easter Monday off! stuck at work.... very jealous!

Gutted I cant go to this, loved Ted too

Also those in the UK now.... get outside and enjoy yourselves fuck this forum, Its a crime that America, arguably more God fairing than England have no Good Friday or Easter Monday off! stuck at work.... very jealous!
Yeah, but you have all those other bullshit holidays like Labour Day and Thanksgiving, so you don't lose out... :adestare:

Yeah, but you have all those other bullshit holidays like Labour Day and Thanksgiving, so you don't lose out... :adestare:

Yeah I call the yank holidays "depression beaters" as they all happen at the end and beginning of the year when most suicidal at work, one in Jan, one in Feb, November thanksgiving, its like a bonus but I get so annoyed as what is the point when its fucking sub zero outside, have all the days in the summer like England!!

Yeah I call the yank holidays "depression beaters" as they all happen at the end and beginning of the year when most suicidal at work, one in Jan, one in Feb, November thanksgiving, its like a bonus but I get so annoyed as what is the point when its fucking sub zero outside, have all the days in the summer like England!!
It's cloudy and miserable today. :dawsonmean:

The knee's testimonial should be re-arranged for May 17th same time as FA cup final. Fill the stadium enjoy cameos from Davvvid and whoever plays then after the game watch highlights on the Jumbo of Hull beating Woolwich with a Hud missile. That would make my day!

He's just confirmed it himself on twitter. Wish I could go to this will be great.

I think they should add in a section in the second half where loads of dreadful players from our past get to come on for 30 seconds each, do their signature move that we love and remember them for (miss an open goal, constantly turn in circles, let in a sloppy goal) and then go off.
A bit like that bit they do in the X factor final with all the retards from the auditions.
Bobby Mimms will need more than 30 seconds for all his party pieces

Back
Top Bottom