Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of the stuff Parker did in his first season made my eyes teary.

Depresses me how we didn't get him when he was younger.

Definitely, but I'd have him back tomorrow - his game is nothing to do with anything that is affected by age IMO

(can still take a ball to the face at 50)

You're still using the 'Soldado's service sucks/sucked' excuse? Don't really understand how, then, it is that you can't grasp why we all think you're an idiot.

That, on top of the fact that you seem to think Dembele has an eye for creative passing.

All of this, of course, on top of the fact that you think taking backtracking duties away from two of our players will make the team defensively sound. Do you not see the contradiction there...?

No... I think you probably just get banned for saying stuff like this ^^^^

(also, more shots doesn't always mean more goals ya dingus. You can't form a logical argument based on that premise..like.. at all)
I personally think you're not getting your stats from the right source.

Heaven forbid.

(P.S. This isn't the Lennon or the Townsend thread, it may surprise you to know this isn't one clusterfuck of topics with different outlets just to keep the Gibberish guessing)

On topic, as I missed your post before, you seem to struggle to differentiate between a good defender, a very good defender and a top defender. Using YouTube to somehow look for credibility is either hilarious or the epitome of desperation.

I suggest you drop your "everyone is either fucking useless or incredibly amazing, even when shit" routine, as it's not doing you any favours. You're going apeshit because we (not you involved) were discussing the concept that Vertonghen will not, based on this current active season of both form and a number of observations including attitude and work rate, become a 'top' defender.

Again, as you struggle to understand what 'top' is, it is in reference to a level that makes a category of players worthy of an 'all-time' list. This doesn't include the "when they show up" type of player, nor the weak willed and self-concerned types.

The characteristics that you think are a "trick question" are the very things that will keep a player like Jan from reaching the top of his profession, and that is a shame as players like Dawson and Parker don't have the technical ability to be anywhere near the best in the game, but they deserve respect for everything they are than Jan is not currently turning out to be.

Way too much effort to explain how in your opinion vert will never be a top defender. ESP after your ain't got time got that.

Deep stuff.

here's you skirting a point that makes you look dumb

What do you think of Lennon and Townsend having 1 assist combined all season?

You are not very good at this.

here's you continuing to blame other players for another's mistakes and lack of form (I suppose Lennon and Townsend told Soldado if he didn't miss the 6-7 sitters he has this season, they'd break his knees... right?)

Lol. This thread dude.

Here's you acting like a shit about the thread you've mucked up-- ranting, raving and responding to things like a child, posting some of the dumbest formation ideas I've ever seen and being an ass to everyone for disagreeing with your completely insane rhetoric.

Maybe if you stopped being such a sensitive little prick for five minutes, you wouldn't get chased off forums. Just an idea.

Here's you acting like a shit about the thread you've mucked up-- ranting, raving and responding to things like a child

Ranting

Here's you skirting a point that makes you look dumb

Raving

I suppose Lennon and Townsend told Soldado if he didn't miss the 6-7 sitters he has this season, they'd break his knees... right?

Like a child (break his knees???)
posting some of the dumbest formation ideas I've ever seen and being an ass to everyone for disagreeing with your completely insane rhetoric.[/COLOR]

Ranting again. Pretty impressive all that in one post.

I'm sorry if 4-2-3-1 offended you so much.

I'm sorry if I back Vert 100% (sorry, not 200%)

I'm sorry if I think wingplay this season was partially to blame for most of our problems this season.

(break his knees?)

'
cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif

gah. seconded.

what a dope.

For some time we've lacked a manager with the gravitas and balls to say to players like Verts, "You play where you're told. Shut up and play."

We then need players to man up and act like professionals.

We need that with some proper leaders on the field. Not cry babies and social media prancers... "The Beast?" Don't make me laugh.

For some time we've lacked a manager with the gravitas and balls to say to players like Verts, "You play where you're told. Shut up and play."

We need that with some proper leaders on the field. Not cry babies and social media prancers... "The Beast?" Don't make me laugh.

The team needs a Vinnie Jones or Roy Keane type player, someone the players listen to and respect and are a little scared of.

They're typically players who have been at the club for a long period of time, who do we have that fit that criteria?

Dawson (joined 2005)
Lennon (2005)
Kaboul (2007/08 and 2010)
Walker (2009)

Oh so sandro is a laugh now? Fans called him that, it's not like he gave it to himself like Ince did with the guvnor. Sandro earned that.

Fickle fans.

Feel bad for me? No, I want you stop being ridiculous. Things like defending Townsends shot to goal ratio/proving me wrong by putting forward Bentaleb who hasn't scored is petty/trolling.
I never said I felt bad for you. See, reading comprehension issues. I just think it's sad.

They're typically players who have been at the club for a long period of time, who do we have that fit that criteria?

Dawson (joined 2005)
Lennon (2005)
Kaboul (2007/08 and 2010)
Walker (2009)

Vert or Llorris should have been made captain. Just another long line of mismanagement items from the ginger one.

Vert was captain of Ajax. Llorris the national team. (I think).

You literally JUST defended them. You said I unfairly criticized the English players.

Have you experienced any blunt force trauma to your head in the past few years?

No, what I said was that you are unfairly singling out the English players for bad performances, while not applying the same level of criticism and impartiality to the foreign players. Saying that the English players were bad, as well as, the non-English players is not the same as defending them.

Paulinho, Chadli, and Bentaleb have a "hardcore" history of goal scoring? WTF?

You know "most of which" means right? As in, not all. Faux outrage/willful ignorance.

Last season Chadli scored 19 goals.
Last season Paulinho scored 14 goals.

Do you not rate Bentaleb? Because I would have him as an AM over Lennon and Townsned every day of the week.

Have you experienced any blunt force trauma to your head in the past few years?

No, what I said was that you are unfairly singling out the English players for bad performances, while not applying the same level of criticism and impartiality to the foreign players

You can't get your head around it can you. Playing with these players is like playing with 10 men.

Would you like to list the players in worse form than Lennon, Townsend, Rose, Naughton?

As for the other players, at least you know they are on the pitch. And i have criticized Soldado, Siggy, Fryers and others for GOING MISSING too.

More willful ignorance. You hang your hat on one small aspect...Without thinking that Rose, Dawson, Naughton, Townsend and Lennon have been our WORST PLAYERS. I can't help it if they happen to be English (although I think coaching in general at this club is terrible so it's not a coincidence. They have been mentored by idiots). I would play Soldado and Siggy over them and I don't rate their performance this season. Because at least they have a history of scoring that is worth investing in, even if they would not make my starting 11.

What do you think of Lennon and Townsend having 1 assist combined all season?

You are not very good at this.
HAHA Typical example of no perspective or basic understanding.

You can't register an assist if a goal isn't scored. As of right now, we have scored 40 goals, and that puts us into 9th overall. That also means that we are way down the charts in terms of assists as well.

REMEMBER THIS THOUGH, GIBBSY!! This is NOT a defense of Lennon or Townsend as I think their service is pretty shit, but when you couple that with a fairly anemic striking for for most of the year, it just get compounded.

Back
Top Bottom