Disloyalty confessions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not quite. Can any geezer on this forum explain why only 17,000 people were attending matches at WHL in the 1970s when the stadium had a capacity of 56,000? I have the programs. What were the other 40,000 people doing? I always wondered about that.

(In late August 1967, I was there to see Spurs demolish the Hammers 5-1 in front of the largest crowd of that season.)
Fuck off, Dier Wolf

Not quite. Can any geezer on this forum explain why only 17,000 people were attending matches at WHL in the 1970s when the stadium had a capacity of 56,000? I have the programs. What were the other 40,000 people doing? I always wondered about that.

(In late August 1967, I was there to see Spurs demolish the Hammers 5-1 in front of the largest crowd of that season.)

Can any 'geezer' tell me why this has been flipped into a fucking ice hockey thread?

Really don't think I'd be on a baseball forum talking about rugby??

Not sure 98% of yanks/Canadians get what this game is about..really I don't.

:chadliblow:

Last edited:
Can any 'geezer' tell me why this has been flipped into a fucking ice hockey thread?

Really don't think I'd be on a baseball forum talking about rugby??

Not sure 98% of yanks/Canadians get what this game is about..really I don't.

:chadliblow:

I think this particular thread is about feeling dirty. Growing up where football isn't the national sport, it's understandable that they would feel dirtier cheating on their hockey team as it's more likely they chose to support spurs instead of spurs being in their blood.

I think this particular thread is about feeling dirty. Growing up where football isn't the national sport, it's understandable that they would feel dirtier cheating on their hockey team as it's more likely they chose to support spurs instead of spurs being in their blood.

I did think that at first, but seeing as this is in the Tottenham section, I assumed it was focusing on that. Otherwise, for eg, the match day thread would be full of nfl, hockey, bb, cricket, rugby...well you get my drift...

I did think that at first, but seeing as this is in the Tottenham section, I assumed it was focusing on that. Otherwise, for eg, the match day thread would be full of nfl, hockey, bb, cricket, rugby...well you get my drift...

Well, the match thread is more about the match than the day. But I get where you are coming from.

My first wife would make me watch the Cowboys play.
77mvwdJ.gif

There was a recession from 1973 to 1975. 3 day week, oil shortages etc, etc. That's the only reason I can think of. However, I never started going regularly until 76/77. Lowest attendance was Stoke at home 14,000 od.
The average attendance in 73 was 32k & 26 k for both 74 and 75.

There was a recession from 1973 to 1975. 3 day week, oil shortages etc, etc. That's the only reason I can think of. However, I never started going regularly until 76/77. Lowest attendance was Stoke at home 14,000 od.
The average attendance in 73 was 32k & 26 k for both 74 and 75.
average attendances in the mid to late 80's were similar. I think economics played a part for sure. Was there any ground work going on in the 70's. I know there was a lot in the 80's and some in the early 90s which affected capacity.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...
When I was a kid, I spent some time at Gt Ormond St Hospital.
Just before Christmas 1985, I was recovering from an op, and was still quite heavily sedated... coming round to the sight of Kenny Sansom (who was holding my hand) Viv Anderson who, (my Mum later informed me) was crying , and a very young Martin Keown sat around my bed.
I honestly thought I'd died and gone to hell.
They asked me what team I supported, I meekly told them Spurs, and they laughed. Worst thing is, I let them sign my autograph book (we all had them in those days) which to my shame, I have kept!

But it's OK, 'cos their '85 team was shit, so I didn't feel too bad about fraternising with the enemy!

So Help Me Lord!

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...
When I was a kid, I spent some time at Gt Ormond St Hospital.
Just before Christmas 1985, I was recovering from an op, and was still quite heavily sedated... coming round to the sight of Kenny Sansom (who was holding my hand) Viv Anderson who, (my Mum later informed me) was crying , and a very young Martin Keown sat around my bed.
I honestly thought I'd died and gone to hell.
They asked me what team I supported, I meekly told them Spurs, and they laughed. Worst thing is, I let them sign my autograph book (we all had them in those days) which to my shame, I have kept!

But it's OK, 'cos their '85 team was shit, so I didn't feel too bad about fraternising with the enemy!

So Help Me Lord!

could have been worse........

sav-379792.jpg

I cracked one off over Jo Guest..... in my defence i didnt know she was Woolwich at the time

could have been worse........

sav-379792.jpg
Y'know what's hilarious...? he WAS there for two days filming a "Jim'll Fix it" for some ill kid* who wanted to sit in a Formula 1 Car... but the Arseanal story was more shameful at the time!!

* he also fixed it for a blind boy to milk a cow, but that's another story....

I have bet against Spurs on multiple occasions. I know some people see that as heresy, but I don't see a problem with it myself. I do it so that I have some consolation if we fuck up - it doesn't stop me supporting us in any way whatsoever. Losing away at Stoke hurts a little bit less if your ticket, train and beer have just effectively been paid for. And of course, if we win then I don't care that the bet's cost me a few quid, because fuck it, we won!

Back
Top Bottom