Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the Tottenham love for an underdog and a bit of flamboyance clouded our view of him at times. Not particularly reliable or hardworking, but had his moments under Redknapp. Retrospectively iffy about his comments on not liking football (and Tottenham for that matter, given his expressed desire to leave at the end of 11/12 if we failed to get CL), but then again we just shrugged it off as 'that's Benny, an oddball, but a loveable one'. Villas-Boas was probably wrong to take him out of the limelight after a decent 11/12 season, but then again as the manager he almost certainly knew something we didn't about his form in training. One of my best mates and his family are QPR fans, and they've been disgusted with his laziness this season, riding the 'high wages, low work at QPR' bandwagon. Taking an independent stance on his footballing talent and work, I can see where they're coming from.

Thought he might make a showing this season, but now we've got Davies I can't see it at all. His association with Dieudonné will not make many higher up at the club sympathetic. He'll go, and I think luckily for us, Redknapp will welcome him like a father to a long lost son.

Edit 8/9/14: Darn, QPR didn't take him back!

Last edited:
BAE clearly trolling us.
Con on u spurs
1f4a5.png
com on ade
1f440.png
1f44a.png
lol

That's not trolling, he's french and that is french humor.

Although there are footballing reasons too, the most important reason why he will leave is the fact that he invited Dieudonné M'bala M'bala to WHL (the man with the quenelle gesture).

That alone is a reason to be sold.

Mind-boggling, stupid as shit and just plain unacceptable.

I am very happy, however, if the club is handling this internally rather than making a media case of it.

Nooo ... don't come back to Tottenham. Hopefully, it's only to sign some paperwork to let him free.

The way he has behaved for club and country for last few months is a total disgrace, Poch isn't gonna put up with that shit, release him, for a guy who claims he treats football like a job and doesn't care, let's treat him like a damaged part of our stock and throw him out, as we don't care either

I don't know, players not playing to their potential due to attitude really gets on my tits

The way he has behaved for club and country for last few months is a total disgrace, Poch isn't gonna put up with that shit, release him, for a guy who claims he treats football like a job and doesn't care, let's treat him like a damaged part of our stock and throw him out, as we don't care either

I don't know, players not playing to their potential due to attitude really gets on my tits

I don't get why we just don't release him. I know he is contracted and we'd have to pay his contract up, but surely it's better to let him go as a free agent - since it's clear not many are interested - than have his attitude potentially derail our morale.

Premier League squads
After the summer transfer window closes each Premier League club had to submit a squad list by 17:00 BST on 3 September

"Meanwhile, Cameroon international Assou-Ekotto, who spent much of last season on loan at QPR, looks to have an uncertain future at Spurs. Manager Mauricio Pochettino has left him out of his squad, despite only submitting 23 of the 25 players he is allowed to register."

Premier League squads
After the summer transfer window closes each Premier League club had to submit a squad list by 17:00 BST on 3 September

"Meanwhile, Cameroon international Assou-Ekotto, who spent much of last season on loan at QPR, looks to have an uncertain future at Spurs. Manager Mauricio Pochettino has left him out of his squad, despite only submitting 23 of the 25 players he is allowed to register."

Back
Top Bottom