Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah the quenelle invitation probs kills off any continuation with THFC - rightly so.
I'm far more interested in BAE's years of working in outreach (esp. in Tottenham) and combating racism than I am in one dumb tweet that could have, for all we know (and considering his track record), been sarcastic. He's eager to explain himself to the FA, so I'll withhold judgment until then.
In respect of the headbutt, i'm not sure if that was a reflection upon Benny thinking/knowing other players on tske/tossing the game.
That was sort of my take once the investigation came to light. He's fiercely proud of playing for Cameroon, after all, and probably doesn't need the money. But I didn't see any of the Cameroon matches at the WC save much of their last match against Brazil while keeping an eye on the line at the airport to make sure my flight didn't leave without me.

Mercurial at his best and polarizing at his worst, I have to say I missed him very much last season. I did not follow how he did at QPR. I think we could have used him at times last season. I am not optimistic he will be with us this season. What do you think?

He'll be sold, loaned, or maybe even released.
But I doubt he'll stay.

Also I don't think he returned for training today (along with the other WC players), and I saw this too:

BttXWmQCYAIyxec.jpg

I voted he would go to QPR but now that I think of it he might retire. Cameroon was disgracefull and he might not make it four more years and he isnt much wanted. I can see him coming to mls and being happy.

Honestly forgot we loaned him to QPR (thought we sold him). He is all but gone, not sure if we will sell, release, loan again or whatever but he won't be apart of the squad.

I voted he would go to QPR but now that I think of it he might retire. Cameroon was disgracefull and he might not make it four more years and he isnt much wanted. I can see him coming to mls and being happy.

He played well in the World Cup. Silky, pacey and committed. He headbutted his teammate. Does not take away from his talent.

AVB was an odd man and placing him in the wilderness was a stupid move.

He makes the bench for me and starts in the cups. Rose shouldD be nowhere near a back line. And he's not interested in being on the bench.

Get rid, not missed him at all . Be played the knob at the world cup?

Perhaps, but we could have done with him nutting a few of our players well back in December

Headbutting in a game isn't excusable at all, but it's understandable what caused it - it wasn't a Suarez, Torres or Fellani moment, it was a footballer playing in likely his last World Cup, trying to represent his country, with his team mates practically throwing matches.

He made a boo boo with an anti-semitic based tweet, as we have a Jewish owner, so the end result will more than likely be that he's not returning

Perhaps, but we could have done with him nutting a few of our players well back in December

Headbutting in a game isn't excusable at all, but it's understandable what caused it - it wasn't a Suarez, Torres or Fellani moment, it was a footballer playing in likely his last World Cup, trying to represent his country, with his team mates practically throwing matches.

He made a boo boo with an anti-semitic based tweet, as we have a Jewish owner, so the end result will more than likely be that he's not returning
I feel Spurs are moving forward, being positive and trying to underpin what we have shakily built over the past few season. Bringing back Benny will undermined any progress been achieved. HR can have him if thats where he ends up.

I'm sure I read he was hardly reliable last year in the championship - no point having him back, I'd much rather have Danny Rose as cover. I don't think the club would be acting over the Quenelle incident by not having him back, I just don't think he's good enough for us anymore.

Back
Top Bottom