Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or he sent it in the stadium but due to the shit reception it didnt send till later....

At least he was at the bloody game.

There are not many footballers you loan out who come and watch their parent club at every opportunity. The man is getting unnecessary stick.

Edit. Rant not aimed at you. Not sure why I quoted you tbh. :adebaehug:

I'd take Fryers over Rose any day of the week. And I didn't have a problem with Benny until we started leaving him out of the squad more frequently upon AVB's arrival. He had the mental lapse and mistake occasionally, but I seem to recall the position being filled well by him. At least he knew how to cross the fucking ball. Maybe my memory is that shit?

From my recollections, BAEs problem used to be 35 league games of solidity combined with 3 games of errors and mistakes leading to goals. Really quite a good left back who coped well with both defending and attacking (unlike our current options), but had games of no focus and would make mistakes that led to goals (leading to characterisations, IMO)

Oh and i'll just leave this here...

tumblr_nj7plnYnsh1qbpv1zo1_540.jpg

What a horrible man he is eh

What other footballer would even think about posting and commenting on the photo of a Syrian refugee child dead on a Turkish beach ? Only Benny. Bravo Benny.

11923256_897461966998095_5753054319071272278_n.jpg

Je ne sais pas si je dois me considérer chanceux d'être en Europe ! ou avoir honte des complots et de la manipulation envers les pays du tiers-monde... Repose en paix ...

I had not seen that photo, until now (I had avoided it). Chilling.

It puts transfers meltdowns and life in general into perspective doesn't it.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto - 191 games 11 assists and 3 goals in all competitions
Kyle Walker - 88 games 6 assists 3 goals in all competitions
Vedran Corluka - 101 games 6 assists 1 goals in all competitions

If Charlie had played as many games, stats indicate he'd be up around the same amount as Benny, whilst even Walker should increase his output as an "attacking fullback". You wouldn't call Charlie an attacking fullback, but there are his stats, not far off either of them.

BAE's definitely the best LB we've had in a long time, which I think endears people to him. But we don't really have a prolific attacking full back in our team, if you want to see what that looks like:

Leighton Baines - 6 assists and 7 goals THIS SEASON and he's a much better defender than either of them.

Really don't understand all the Benny hate, didn't stand out as significantly worse than the rest of the team when they under performed. In addition he came back from an injury. He seems to get both barrels when walker was directly responsible for conceding more goals (bloody stupid ones at that), yet his name is barely uttered

Spurs have acquired the services of a midfielder who has been capped 17 times by Brazil in a £17million deal.
Paulinho was reported to be attracting interest from some of Europe's top clubs before opting to take on a new challenge at White Hart Lane, with his profile having risen considerably in recent times.
He is, however, going to have to introduce himself to Assou-Ekotto when Spurs return to pre-season training, with the Cameroonian left-back unaware of who his new team-mate is.
Asked if he knew of Paulinho and what he could bring to Tottenham, Assou-Ekotto told Goal: "No. I don't follow this kind of news."
Pressed on whether some supporters may find it a bit strange that he does not keep up to date with goings on in north London, he added: "Maybe, but I don't know what he looks like."
This is not the first time the 29-year-old left-back has been left in the dark by Spurs' transfer business, with Rafael van der Vaart's arrival in 2010 going unnoticed.
On the Holland international, Assou-Ekotto said: "Two or three years ago, Rafael van der Vaart was at the training ground and I said 'Hello' but didn't know he was Rafael van der Vaart.
"I don't understand people who don't understand me. I don't go with them to their homes. I am just with them at the job."

The photo was obviously taken pre game or at HT so a bit harsh to form any meaningful judgement on either player based on the pic.
Think if anything it says something (positive) that they were both actually there.

Gonna miss him a lot

If Benny taught us nothing else:

"During my four months out injured at the beginning of the season, I attended every game at White Hart Lane and I would sit in with the Tottenham fans but with my hoodie up so nobody could recognise me," Assou-Ekotto says. "I now feel I have a better understanding of what it is to be a supporter and, for me, there are two types.

"There are the fans who pass judgment quickly, who say, from the comfort of their seats, how they would have cut the ball on the inside, swung the ball around or brought it down. It was like I was sitting with Messi, Ronaldo and Maradona. Then you have the other supporter, who understands the technical things a bit more and is patient. They are smaller in number but they do exist."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/03/benoit-assou-ekotto-tottenham

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom