Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs have acquired the services of a midfielder who has been capped 17 times by Brazil in a £17million deal.
Paulinho was reported to be attracting interest from some of Europe's top clubs before opting to take on a new challenge at White Hart Lane, with his profile having risen considerably in recent times.
He is, however, going to have to introduce himself to Assou-Ekotto when Spurs return to pre-season training, with the Cameroonian left-back unaware of who his new team-mate is.
Asked if he knew of Paulinho and what he could bring to Tottenham, Assou-Ekotto told Goal: "No. I don't follow this kind of news."
Pressed on whether some supporters may find it a bit strange that he does not keep up to date with goings on in north London, he added: "Maybe, but I don't know what he looks like."
This is not the first time the 29-year-old left-back has been left in the dark by Spurs' transfer business, with Rafael van der Vaart's arrival in 2010 going unnoticed.
On the Holland international, Assou-Ekotto said: "Two or three years ago, Rafael van der Vaart was at the training ground and I said 'Hello' but didn't know he was Rafael van der Vaart.
"I don't understand people who don't understand me. I don't go with them to their homes. I am just with them at the job."

Yeah I think there were several factors contributing to Bennys poor form last season. He didn't become a poor footballer over night. As a left/right back you have roughly four options where to play the ball, three of those left or moved from Benny, his nearest centre back (Kng/Kaboul) his nearest inside midfielder (Modric) and most prominently mr Bale has buggered off to the other side of the pitch. The lumping the ball up to Defoe/Ade is the other option with Ade making far more of that last year than he did this. Add that to sporadic injuries and you get a tough year. From having two of the best players in world football near you for 3/4 years constantly offering an option to an overworked Dembele and an unnatural left winger (though I think Siggy grew into that role). A fully fit BAE now has timeto gel with his left sided partners, he's no spring chicken but he's a bloody good left back on his day. Theres not many upgrades around for under 10 mill :bae:

What I like about Benny he's not a bullshitter (sorry for language but couldn't think of a better phrase). He is a genuine guy and he's very down to earth, not a typical self-serving, self-absorbed, selfish footballer. Long may he play for us.

So BAE has spent most of his time off helping kids in Africa! Likewise with Ade, nice to see they both like to give back to those less fortunate.

For the record I think we should keep BAE, there aren't that many better than him in the Prem when he's fit. We'd need to spend big to improve on him ie Shaw or Baines and that money could be better used elsewhere. Rose and BAE competing for that spot is good enough.

There's no point blowing our load on old man Baines. The upgrade is questionable/limited. If you do it go the whole hog with Shaw, but he's a Chelsea fan and wants to play for them doesn't he?

How about give Benny and Rose a season and see how Zeki comes along in the meantime? We need to sign a striker!!!arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :dempsey:

BO6lNzmCMAAN_-I.jpg

BO7DprfCYAAeVrx.jpg:large

lol some people having a meltdown on twitter because BAE refers to being a footballer as work ...

I wonder , if he needs to fill out any official forms do these people expect him to cross out the words profession/job and replace it with passion or well paid hobby so that they would be happy ?

For footballers and artists it must feel like work at times , we'd all be the same in pre season or doing a gig after a long festival summer. As long as they do their 'job' and stay professional about it.

Has anyone tried calling it?! Fucking get him on the pod!

EDIT: saved the number and seriously thinking about sending him a text. What the fuck would I say?!

Back
Top Bottom