CSKA v Tottenham Hotspur - Champions League 27th Sept 2016 - 19-45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A win would put us back on track to be favourites for the group due to Leverkusen only drawing at home vs CSKA. A draw is the least we must expect, a win would be great!

Injuries are piling up. Pochettino's training regime catching up or just bad luck? Rose, Dier, Dembèlè, Kane and Sissoko all missing. Important game too, as is Sunday. Will be interesting to see how Poch rotates the squad.

Injuries are piling up. Pochettino's training regime catching up or just bad luck? Rose, Dier, Dembèlè, Kane and Sissoko all missing. Important game too, as is Sunday. Will be interesting to see how Poch rotates the squad.

Well the injuries to most of them are just part of the game. Dier and Dembele are the only ones that might be due to over-training or anything related, but really hamstring tweaks happen all the time. I think its just a little unlucky and hopefully the first three on your list are back for Sunday.

I barely consider Alli a central midfielder anymore, much more of an inside forward happy to knuckle down.

This slight imbalance is the one single biggest issue.

We need to own the ball to win this game, IMHO. But's it's doable.

Its less than 4 hours for goodness sake. And they are hardly cramped into cattle class.

CtRMW5DXgAAprCM.jpg:large

Which Spurs player would YOU want to sit next to for a four hour flight??

Got to say it wouldn't be Kyle or Dele for me. Too much hazing going on there. Fall asleep for 30 seconds and wake up with a complimentary olive shoved up your nostril.

In light of injury news:

Lloris, Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies, Wanyama, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Janssen

N'Koudou, Winks and Onomah options off the bench.

Squad is being well and truly tested now.

Well the injuries to most of them are just part of the game. Dier and Dembele are the only ones that might be due to over-training or anything related, but really hamstring tweaks happen all the time. I think its just a little unlucky and hopefully the first three on your list are back for Sunday.
I have a sneaking suspicion that those 'niggles' to Dembele and Dier are being overplayed so that Poch can have his cake and eat it too - rest them deliberately in anticipation of the Man City match but making it look like he had no choice.

Back
Top Bottom