Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sad that so few players stand out as captain material.

I hope by the end of this season we have three really strong candidates as that leadership on the pitch is clearly missing.

I like Lloris, but i am another one who doesn't think keepers make good captains.To be fair, i don't think we have a natural skipper.We need a Graham Roberts /Steve Perryman type leader who "grabs people by the scruff of the neck" when the chips are down.We dont have that.I think the nearest we did have now wears a blue and white hooped shirt.
As for jan........No.His attitude stank last season

Pretty sad that so few players stand out as captain material.

I hope by the end of this season we have three really strong candidates as that leadership on the pitch is clearly missing.

Even sadder that it's been like that for years. I mean, we're not the only ones though tbf. Look at when the scum made fibreglass their captain. Back then he was just a little mincer.

I think that will be the case too, although it won't make me too happy. Lloris all the way for me, i know people have a thing about Goalie captains, but there are advantages too
I agree that Lloris deserves it more. He was quoted some weeks ago saying that he didn't need the armband to act like a captain (or something along those lines), so maybe he already knew it would be someone else..

I agree that Lloris deserves it more. He was quoted some weeks ago saying that he didn't need the armband to act like a captain (or something along those lines), so maybe he already knew it would be someone else..
I read an article full of quotes from him several months ago on his thoughts on Goalies as Captains and the way he put it forward was insightful to say the least. Obviously he was pro goalie captains and alot of what he had to say made perfect sense. The goalie has the most time to observe what's going on, and has a unique perspective on the game. I wish i could find the article now, but i'm buggered if i can! :(

I read an article full of quotes from him several months ago on his thoughts on Goalies as Captains and the way he put it forward was insightful to say the least. Obviously he was pro goalie captains and alot of what he had to say made perfect sense. The goalie has the most time to observe what's going on, and has a unique perspective on the game. I wish i could find the article now, but i'm buggered if i can! :(
If Pochettino shares that opinion it's a no-brainer. Anyway, we'll probably just end up with Kaboul getting it permanently :kaboullol:

If Pochettino shares that opinion it's a no-brainer. Anyway, we'll probably just end up with Kaboul getting it permanently :kaboullol:
I wouldn't be too sad at that. Kaboul has been getting some stick recently, and hasn't come back up to the form that we might have expected but he is a commanding figure and if he can stay fit i can see him regaining his previous (2011/12) form and if he did, he would be a natural choice for me over Vertonghen who I suppose is obvious contendor along with Lloris.

I do find it a bit strange how Kaboul has captained every one of our games this season (did he wear the armband Saturday? I didn't take note) if he is not going ot be named captain.

I wouldn't be too sad at that. Kaboul has been getting some stick recently, and hasn't come back up to the form that we might have expected but he is a commanding figure and if he can stay fit i can see him regaining his previous (2011/12) form and if he did, he would be a natural choice for me over Vertonghen who I suppose is obvious contendor along with Lloris.

I do find it a bit strange how Kaboul has captained every one of our games this season (did he wear the armband Saturday? I didn't take note) if he is not going ot be named captain.
He's been the captain so far, but I think that's because he's done it before and has seniority in the group. I would be very disappointed if we continue to have our most error prone player as captain, and I have all but lost hope that he'll regain his former brilliance. Having said that, if he gets the nod, then obviously Pochettino feels differently, and he should know best afterall!

He's been the captain so far, but I think that's because he's done it before and has seniority in the group. I would be very disappointed if we continue to have our most error prone player as captain, and I have all but lost hope that he'll regain his former brilliance. Having said that, if he gets the nod, then obviously Pochettino feels differently, and he should know best afterall!
I haven't lost hope quite yet! More fool me, perhaps, but i would like to see him get an extended run of games it's been a long long time since he did (mainly due to injury of course)

Back
Top Bottom