Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After losing one captain willing to take a knee/ball/elbow to the face, it's only right we replace that commitment with a like minded leader. Hugo is the man

article-0-192BCD0000000578-726_634x436.jpg

Chiriches, Vertonghen for me are dead certains above Kaboul, and at the moment I would prefer to see Dier than Kaboul on the team sheet. And I am sure that Fazio will surplant Kaboul.
I like Kaboul but I prefer our 4 other CBs to him.
Admittedly I don't know much about Fazio and will have to see him playing for us but my first XI centreback parntership would be Chiriches and Vertonghen.

I like Chiriches too but regardless of how much we may rate him, Poch clearly doesn't. Or, at least, hasn't.

Honestly, despite Dier's goal against West Ham, I felt Kaboul was doing much more of the heavy lifting at CB.

Verts and Kaboul are our best, most proven, pairing at the moment. Fazio may or may not take a spot, Dier may or may not.. thus far they haven't proved that they can or should, though.

I think Lloris is at the top of his game.

Id like to give it to Jan to add that extra bit of maturity and turn him into King.
Love the sentiment and from the day we bought him I thought of him as our Captain too, but last year his behaviour was not that of a Spurs leader/Captain unfortunately. I still think he can achieve it (being hopeful) but he needs to act like one before he is named as one IMO.

As we're bringing in a new playing style, I'd prefer an outfield captain.

We can't judge as we don't know the personalities but it should be someone who's likely to be one of the first on the team sheet. So it's Jan for me, if he's properly up for it.

Don't usually like keepers as captains but I honestly can't see who else it could be other than lloris. I think he would be a great figurehead for the club, which is really what it's all about. On the field there will be others who take leadership roles in their own way.

Only concern is that he's so good that unless we really push on into regular champions league appearances he'll be gone in a season or two. Even if we do, there's still PSG, Real and Bayern etc to worry about.

Actually, that might not be a bad shout. If he was made skipper we might see more good Ade then bad Ade more often. Could actually be the making of him.

Thought the same. If it enhanced Kaboul's concentration or Walker's brains though...what an armband that would be.

I dont know about Loris as team captin as he is the goalkeeper and i am not a 100% fan of goalkeepers being captins as they are not exactly going to have the same effect as somebody who is a Midfield area

Back
Top Bottom