Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo Lloris

/thread
As much as he's a good candidate if not the best personality to do the job, I really don't want to see our captain in goal. The reason being is because in the centre of the park he will be able to command the strikers as well as the defenders.

I want dawson OUT. Captain?? How can multi million pound players respect him? World class players like lloris and eriksen must be thinking, how the fcuk is poor footballer captain. Hes bringing the players around him down instead of rising up to their standards. I dont want to see dawson in tottenham shirt again. Thank you daws for your honesty and efforts, but its now time to fcuk off.

Bore off you cunt

Adebayor-fashion-captain-shirt-500x865.jpg

Lloris was my preferred choice, but I'm fine with Kaboul being the main one (due to the things already mentioned above). But the part I found most interesting was ... Ade also being a vice captain ... And I actually really like that idea. He's clearly a big figure in the squad, and the players seem to have a good rapport with him too.

Last edited:
Talk about over-egging the pudding! A captain and vice-captain is more than adequate

You want as many players as possible to behave like they are the captain - I think Pochettino has made quite a shrewd move as all three will be Captain at different times this season and when they all play they should all feel some responsibility to step up.

Motivating Adebayor is the key to a decent season......last year we had to sack a manager to get him fired up

He's been here for ages and gives a damn. I can see why Poch chose him. I would have gone for Lloris as Fazio/Vert could surely push Kaboul out of a 1st team spot some time soon. Good luck to him though, may his injuries be behind him.

I tend to agree with moley moley . While Hugo may have a great deal of the qualities a player needs, his position is restricted on the field by virtue of his role. That's just fact. I wouldn't blame him for defensive errors, but a captain needs to be have access to the whole side to have impact. I don't see how a player can really be an effective captain if he's screaming from the back all the time. That's just my take.

Also, I'd rather give the armband to someone who might be with us for a good few years, rather than a short termer. With Hugo making comments earlier this year about not knowing what he'll be up to at the end of the season, I'm not convinced he'll be sticking around much more than another season.

Today, a full month of TFC Forum. Thank you everyone for the ride so far. 249 messages, reputation +449, Trophy points 66. Plenty to do still.

"O captain, my captain. Who want's to be the Hotspur captain?"
mSeByf6.jpg

hTjp2pk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom