Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We do love to hate our own players do we, judging them based on articles in the press (we loathe the press but only when it doesnt help our point scoring) and the way their shoulders are positioned.

But we ignore the fact that up untill now he has never said anything negative about club or fans, only about Timmeh and we all played that game.

double standards.
It's a complete non-story with zero factual evidence to substantiate any of the borderline libelous claims. Embarrassing shit.

I also don't think Verts will be here next season so the haters will have the last laugh, sadly

We do love to hate our own players do we, judging them based on articles in the press (we loathe the press but only when it doesnt help our point scoring) and the way their shoulders are positioned.

But we ignore the fact that up untill now he has never said anything negative about club or fans, only about Timmeh and we all played that game.

double standards.

Id say 90% of the judgement on Jan has been by his absolute shit performances and blase attitude last season.
Also, whinging in the press about playing LB....then going to the World Cup and putting in world class performances at LB for Belgium.

I like Jan, and hope he comes around, but and the end of the day, his performances are not paper rumours, neither is the fact he refused to extend his contract when the crunch time came.

Was playing fifa last night and they were banging on about Jan turning down his new contract due to wages.... i fucking hate alan (mouth breather) smith

Apparently neither Ade or Kaboul (or Capoue) traveled with the team to Florence. I assume Lloris will be on the bench. So Vertonghen would be captain but only if he plays.

If Verts is rested, subbed, or injured, who gets the armband? Kane? Walker? Eriksen?

And, should we win on Sunday, who will lift the Capital One Cup? When we won in 2008 both King and Keane lifted it together

Football_Carling_Cup_Final_Chelsea_Tottenham__668447.jpg

Assuming Lloris plays then I hope it's just him and that we don't do this kind of shit:
zzdti19881.jpg

If we continue to gell and get better then I reckon Hugo and Verts as co-captains.

They will both stay to lift the League Title!

Lesson of this thread: Don't lean against a wall.

Instead, do a lot of shouting, pointing and arm-flapping on the pitch. That's what true leadership is about, after all.

Imagine Kaboul is on the bench, we are winning 1-0 with 10 to go. He comes on to shore up the back line and we win 1-0.

Kaboul lifts the trophy, with Ade up there too.

:ade::kaboullol:

Wikipedia lists Lloris as our captain and Kane as our vice-captain.

Did I miss an official statement ousting Kaboul and Adebayor, or is the above based on armband wearing in 2015?

Thankfully Hugo, and I think Jan will do well as captain with a solid partner and (at last) contentment in his position. Harry will lead by example as always, hopefully will be worried more about scoring than leading.

Back
Top Bottom