Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't be a spastic. Has nothing to do with arrogance and everything to do with relief. Would you rather Chelsea or Sheffield United? Think about it. Dumbass.

1993? That result still hurts and will live in infamy...

NAAAAAATTTTTT!
As I am typing this with a pencil sellotaped to my nose, prodding at the keyboard haphazard like soldado at an open goal, I do not find the spastic remark remotely amusing! Let this be a warning that excessive coal mining and letting your Whippets pull on their leads can render both your arms as limp as John O'Sheas cock in Spearmint Rhinos!!

Sheffield United fan here, always had a soft spot for you Spurs, but after reading the vast majority of posts on here after the semi-final draw, I really hope you go the same way as Fulham, Aston Villa, West Ham and Southampton. The level of disrepect shown to Sheffield United is cringeworthy, I remember a similar level of disrespect shown beforehand when you came to Bramall Lane in one evening in 1993....What was the score then???? 6-0??

Disrespect? LOL sorry do you think we should be apprehensive after drawing a lower league team instead of Chelsea/LFC? 6-0 Spurs :walker-scream:

So, you were being arrogant too? Or is it only one way?

Haha, you can have Naughton back pal.
not so much arrogant, just that Liverpool fans aren't too popular in Sheffield, Chelsea's fans are a right set of cock munchers and they would absolutely muller us, against you lot should be a good bit of banter pre match both in sheffield and down at yours and there is a possibility albeit slight that the second leg wont be a "dead rubber"
And I am sorry if you are sending one Kyle back you have to return the other, they come as a package!!

Shefld Utd deserved the win against Southampton, they can be a good team on the day and they can play the occasion. Although Im being cautious, over two legs we should be too good for them. My feelings are that, Liverpool may beat the Chaves - they need some success relief as we do. I would welcome a game against Liverpool who we need to revenge for some recents results against us.

I like this guy, some of his analogies are pretty good. But lads let us not get ahead of ourselves yet, first Sheffield home and away and then we talk about Wembley. All it would take is Fazio to fall over in the first minute twice and they're 2-0 up.

Fucking hope

But even though an 1882 movement game people have to start fucking cheering up.
Wasn't a bad atmosphere but must do better.
We are not there yet but c Mon we are Tottenham super Tottenham from the lane and itsour Club.
Our club.;
Churchillian speech over.
Support our club love the badge.
It's in our DNA.
It wasn't 1882

I like this guy, some of his analogies are pretty good. But lads let us not get ahead of ourselves yet, first Sheffield home and away and then we talk about Wembley. All it would take is Fazio to fall over in the first minute twice and they're 2-0 up.

The tie being over 2 legs is a massive bonus in that respect. Sheff will be tough, they had a good run in the FA cup last year also and there players will be buzzing to be playing such a glorious, world class, glamorous team such as Tottenham.

Can see us losing. Don't take Wembley for granted. We all know how our players can get when they take things for granted, especially against sides who come and put 11 men behind the ball. Remember Portsmouth in the semi final, also Burnley when we won but only just- I remember playing at Sunderland just before the Pompey game and people were singing "we're going to Wembley twice". Home leg first is not ideal. We need our best team out in the home leg, and we need to get behind the team much more so than we did in the opening 20 minutes last night. United will bring a loud and big following down. We need a big win at home and then we can start talking about Wembley.
I think I'm just superstitious that if we take this for granted, the players will too!
Away leg will be a quality away trip. Am hoping I can make it.

Whats not to like about United?
They hate West Ham as much or even more than we do. Chalk one up in the plus column.

As long as we dont underestimate them & with it being a 2 legged tie, we should get through to the FINAL. (Edit!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom