Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mwpwf9j.png

Afternoon all. Enjoyed reading your reaction to the draw. In the unlikely event that roles were reversed, we'd be doing cartwheels too.

Couple of things.

Thanks to those referring to us as 'United'. As the first and original united, it does my nut in when the media refer to Newton Heath as United, as though they're the only one. Utter arrogance.

Had some good trip trips to White Hart lane over the years. Proper ground with history. Chucked mars bars at gazza when we got battered 4-0. Saw us snatch a 1-0 win with Kevin Gage bagging the winner and watched Berbatov and Keane tear us apart last time in the top flight, when Neil 'it's all about me' Warnock lay down and died at practically every away ground and seemed more bothered about getting big name autographs than a result. Knob.

Looking forward to another trip. Love the ground and desperate to keep the score respectable to ensure a snarling, hostile 30K sell out back at BDTBL (Beautiful Down Town Bramall Lane).

No doubt most of you will be putting the final date in your diary. I don't blame you. But we live in hope. Not been in a major final since 1936 and not won anything since 1925! Those that are still alive probably can't remember to tell the tale.

We have an outside chance and we are dreaming! Something to look forward to rather than trips to Crawley, Fleetwood and Gillingham.

See you in January.

UTB

Congratulations. Looking at the match as a whole it was a deserved win. Hope you win the final. You scored two excellent goals tonight. The difference between first and third division I suppose. The margins might not be as big as some would have us believe, but they are still there. Well done and good luck with the rest of your season.

Morning Spurs Fans,

Hope those of you that travelled enjoyed a night out in Sheffield and all got back home safely. Wanted to pass on my congratulations for the win (well worth it over the two games) and wish you all the best for the final.

One of my happiest footballing memories was a 6-0 victory over Spurs at Bramall Lane that seems a long, long time ago now - but these last two games it's been nice to be reminded of what it's like playing top tier teams again. I only hope we find our way up the leagues soon enough! Impressed with the Blades that we didn't roll over and made a good fight of it right to the end. I thought when Reed was through we might even of nicked it, but not to be. The agony and ecstasy of football huh?!

Anyway, great away support last night, all the best for the final and the rest of the season.

UTB.

Congratulations Spurs........overall you deserved to win the tie over the 2 legs but boy didn't we give you a bit of a shock with those 2 goals! I actually thought we might go on to get another and end up winning but at the end of the day Premier League quality shone through. Hugely proud of our efforts though and hope we can go on another run in the FA cup and string some better results together in the league.

Thought your away support was brilliant and as has been said by some of you the home support went a little quiet after your 1st goal, but I suppose it's difficult when you are 2 down to maintain the noise. However, when we got back into the match we woke up again and the atmosphere was great.

Hope you all got home safely and for any of you who encountered any trouble afterwards, remember it's only a minority of idiots and every club sadly has them!

Best of luck in the final.

There are some pretty mean spirited comments on here about United. They are two divisions below us and ran us pretty close to the wire, and I thought were a credit to themselves, their fans and certainly to their league. I really hope they go up this season, a young English manager and a team full of young British professionals is good to see, I hope they do well.
Oh - and on top of it all, all of their fans that came on here were pretty good value and added a lot to the conversation - as well as giving out help where they could.
Well done Sheffield United.

Congratulations to all you guys for reaching the final and best of luck in beating Chelsea.
Your class showed in this game and we were lucky to still be in the match at half time and you had certainly run us off the park in the first half, albeit our small blocked effort after 10 minutes.
My cousins in London all support Spurs so mixed feelings for me having to endure semi final & play off final defeats on as regular a basis as you guys win cups!
Two world class goals, great away support in rubbish weather and hopefully the new England Centre Forward in Harry Kane? Wot a prospect, and a great tribute to how footballers should play and behave on and off the pitch in his post match interview.

Imagine united hold you off at home, mclevely and basham have your strikers in there pockets and it ends 0-0 .. Would you be worried about coming to the Lane then? Lol .. The best thing for us is we've out done ourselves on this cup now, we can play without pressure, where as Spurs are gonna be feeling it if they haven't scored in the first half of the first leg.. Just remember, Southampton fans reacted in the EXACT same way, as well as Fulham, Villa and the other Championship and Premiership teams we've beat over the last 2 seasons.. Over 2 legs is gonna be a tough one for us but I have every confidence we can hold out for a nil nil draw and then get a capacity crowd at the lane and terrify you. But like I said, pressures of us , so even if we don't it will be disappointing but we've still out done ourselves

We're always terrified at the Lane

:adelol:

Remember how distant we felt from the club last season? What a difference a few academy boys come good, a down to earth manager, and some non-twat signings have made.

I don't have anything against United and ih8owls seems sound enough.

One thing though for those watching this thread from a certain other forum, cut the "they won't like the atmosphere" shit, we've played Besiktas and Belgrade already this season and if you genuinely believe you generate more atmosphere than either of those it is you that need to check your arrogance at the door.

Oh and for the member of the peerage, we are 3rd in the league in terms of away form to suggest we don't travel well is laughable.

With that off my chest it should be a good old fashion ding dong. I don't expect it to be a cakewalk but it's common sense that on the whole we are happier playing United than Chelsea or Liverpool

Back
Top Bottom