Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, just realised I'd forgotten we were playing them when I responded. I've only been up there for a year so in fairness based on last year I don't recall it being bad at all. I'm front row opposite Dan give me a wave. Sit next to a couple of nice old fella's who have been there for many years, until I arrived they had never sang.......they do now!
Will do.

Ah with you now. Mate I don't need to know what they look like. The only ground I've ever been thrown out of was Highbury when I was a kid - the old bill phoned my dad, and he kicked the shit out of me when I got in 3 weeks later.. Never forgiven those cunts for that, nor the old man - he knew the score.
:wansum:

That wasn't really the point I was making... our squad at the time included Bale, VdV, Modric, Crouch. It shat all over the squad right now. My grievance was that we lost the NLD because we rested those players that day. It felt awful playing a weakened team against those cunts, League cup or not. It was a thrown match, a forfeit and it was absolutely horrible viewing as a supporter of this club.

It wasn't a sleight at you fella, I was more posting for the benefit of anyone that says that our squad as of right now is the worst we have ever had. Look how pony the rest are. Our squad now, without Bale, van der Vaart, Crouch and Modric shits over that one, without the same players.

We should always, always play our best possible team against the Gooners. If the board had any sense it would be a contractual obligation. Oh wait.

Ah with you now. Mate I don't need to know what they look like. The only ground I've ever been thrown out of was Highbury when I was a kid - the old bill phoned my dad, and he kicked the shit out of me when I got in 3 weeks later.. Never forgiven those cunts for that, nor the old man - he knew the score.
:wansum:

Haha would love to hear the details of this story

We will be bouncing, hopefully all night and not just for half hour at the beginning. Glad they've only got 3000 tickets, still too many considering they basically halved our allocation season before last.

Haha would love to hear the details of this story

There's not a lot to it really. I was 11, so a real hard man, and me and our little gang were in the Clock end. The scum kids came round the corner and got absolutely battered by the big blokes in our end, and in the aftermath I got grabbed by the old bill. I was in the police portokabin, and the boss said 'throw him in the clock end'. The bloke that grabbed me said 'that's where we nicked him' so the other fella said throw him out then. This was at half time, and I had a nervous 45 mins waiting for my mates to come out. I ran into a hot dog seller called Basher who was Spurs, but he had a pitch at Highbury - he told me he used to piss in the water he boiled the dogs in. I felt safe then.

Last edited:
Brilliant haha, makes my childhood sound so dull !
No, don't think that. I loved the fact that Basher worked at Highbury so he could go to Spurs on the alternate Saturday. Childhoods are never dull mate - you turned out right after all. When girls reared their beautiful heads at 13-14 I forgot about Spurs for at least 5 years. I found some programmes from that time, but I honestly don't remember going.

No, don't think that. I loved the fact that Basher worked at Highbury so he could go to Spurs on the alternate Saturday. Childhoods are never dull mate - you turned out right after all. When girls reared their beautiful heads at 13-14 I forgot about Spurs for at least 5 years. I found some programmes from that time, but I honestly don't remember going.

I got kicked out of Enfield Town when I was about 13. I was with a gang and we thought we were the hardest hooligans going. Like Carlito hard. I was egged on to throw a coin at a Barnet player. I did and somehow from 30ft I hit this monster of a player in the neck with a 1p piece. He looked over and everyone just pointed at me and ran away. The fuckers. I swear I thought he was going to come over the rails and kill me Hulk style then shit me out and eat me again.

My hooligan days pretty much stopped after that. So did my constipation.

It's so good to shoot the shit at this time of night with proper fans, and not get drawn into weird arguments with nutters. Off for a week's holiday tomorrow, so catch up with you cunts in a week or so. I'm sure I will be sorely missed. (that's a little joke there - I don't actually mean that, I have to explain everything these days). Oh for the time when a vocabulary of 14 words or so words would do.

Pip, fucking pip. x

I got kicked out of Enfield Town when I was about 13. I was with a gang and we thought we were the hardest hooligans going. Like Carlito hard. I was egged on to throw a coin at a Barnet player. I did and somehow from 30ft I hit this monster of a player in the neck with a 1p piece. He looked over and everyone just pointed at me and ran away. The fuckers. I swear I thought he was going to come over the rails and kill me Hulk style then shit me out and eat me again.

My hooligan days pretty much stopped after that. So did my constipation.
Ha ha. Our little gang used to watch Wealdstone, so I get your Enfield thing. Football was better then, and not in a "it was different in our day" way. It just was.

It's so good to shoot the shit at this time of night with proper fans, and not get drawn into weird arguments with nutters. Off for a week's holiday tomorrow, so catch up with you cunts in a week or so. I'm sure I will be sorely missed. (that's a little joke there - I don't actually mean that, I have to explain everything these days). Oh for the time when a vocabulary of 14 words or so words would do.

Pip, fucking pip. x

Where you gannin like?

Where you gannin like?
Only to my Ma and Pa's house in Harrow. My mum is going away with her old school chum Patricia, and I'm going over to keep an eye on the old man who has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I have so many friends over there, so it will be like a holiday in the evenings. I'm going to watch the one dayers with the old man, and catch up with some friends in the evening. He's ok - he's still playing golf. I've probably said too much, but you deserve an answer.

Only to my Ma and Pa's house in Harrow. My mum is going away with her old school chum Patricia, and I'm going over to keep an eye on the old man who has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I have have so many friends over there, so it will be like a holiday in the evenings. I'm going to watch the one dayers with the old man, and catch up with some friends in the evening. He's ok - he's still playing golf. I've probably said too much, but you deserve an answer.

Sounds like fun. Always good to get away during the international break.

Let's hope the weather holds for the cricket. Rugby WC soon.

Sounds like fun. Always good to get away during the international break.

Let's hope the weather holds for the cricket. Rugby WC soon.
Agree. I went to the warm up game against France at Twickenham - I'm not a huge Rugby fan, but I loved it. Compo tickets, and an afternoon drinking in the sun. Great day out. Looking forward to the real thing.

Back
Top Bottom