Can we all agree...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool 2013-2014 are the yard stick for me. Played 38 - pts 84 came second. We will have to do better than this to win the PL. They lost only 6 all season, drew only 9 and seem to hammer everyone else. They had Suarez who was scoring for fun.
In recent seasons , the Chaves won the PL on 87 pts (2015) , City 86 its (14), Utd/City 89pts (13/12).

We will not win the PL. although i can see us doing a Liverpool and running it close.

tottenhams the name,
meeting or over achieving on realistic aims is the game!

or

tottenhams the name,
making a net spend profit is the game.

or

tottenhams the name,
just pass it to kanes the game.

or

tottenhams the name,
increasing heart attack stats is the game.

none of these are funny. but the first 1 is my way of thinking!

tottenhams the name,
meeting or over achieving on realistic aims is the game!

David_Brent_111.jpg

http://the4thofficial.net/2015/11/0...am-will-definitely-be-finishing-in-the-top-4/
An Woolwich fan on why Tottenham will definitely be finishing in the top 4
Woolwich, FEATURED COLUMN, Latest Posts, Premier League, The 4th Official's View, Tottenham 08 Nov 2015
timthumb.php

It was not a great day to be an Woolwich fan was it? Never mind the 1-1 result but the fact that Spurs were the better team at the Emirates for the better part of the 70 minutes is enough to emphasize the point that Woolwich’s squad depth is stretched beyond limit at the moment. Offcourse Arsene Wenger will point to the fact that he had 9 players out for this game and he would be justified there as well but what was strikingly noticeable was how the Spurs players simply wanted it more. Maybe it was because Spurs had more local players who knew what the NLD signifies or maybe the fragile confidence of Woolwich from their midweek battering to Bayern Munich played a part. Who knows? But the irrefutable fact remains that Spurs were better on the day.

Now this is what brings me to the main point of this article. Rather than boring you with what did or did not happen in the match, I will try a little crystal grazing for the Spurs fans here. As you can guess from the heading, I expect our neighbors from Middlesex to finish in the top 4 of the Premier League. I know some might call me a crazy but given that this is not a clickbait article, let me give you my reasoning on this one.

First off, I remember I was on a podcast when Kane was struggling and I remember saying something along the lines ‘Kane is looking more and more like a one season wonder isn’t he? Daniel Levy will be kicking himself for not cashing out on him when his premium was at his highest’. Boy was I wrong. I admit the back ups for Spurs in the striking department is not great (Btw, still do not get the logic of paying the great striker from Togo his full wages and yet not including him in the squad) but if Kane can stay fit, Tottenham are in for one of their best seasons in recent times. Genuinely have not seen a more pure striker in the league in terms of pure poaching and with Spur’s own class of homegrown talent providing him the service, it looks more and more likely that Kane will replicate the form of last season.

From goal-scoring to a solid defence and I have no qualms in admitting that the addition of Eric Dier and Toby Alderweireld have absolutely changed the defensive shape of the team. For me, I have actually not seen a better Tottenham defensive unit. Don’t get me wrong as Rose and Walker are still shit and individually there are probably loads of defenders who are better than the current crop but this defence just looks solid. You just have the feeling that nothing is going through.

Personally for me Mauricio Pochettino has been brilliant and Daniel Levy should be given the credit for bringing him here. His patience will probably reap the rewards this time around but for me apart from the great shape Poch has bought to the team, it is the decision to move Dier as the defensive midfielder that has impressed me the most.

Toby Alderweireld was a great signing for Spurs.

With the injury crisis abating and with a couple of astute signings like in the case of Son and Alderweireld, I really believe Spurs can easily take the top 4 here. For me personally Woolwich and Manchester City are taking the first two spots in the league. You can lock that down and I am not saying that only as an Woolwich fan. I mean it.

The competition is for the remaining 2 spots and Spurs are competing for one of those places along with Liverpool and Man United. Man United while getting the points are no great shakes with one single injury to Martial or Smalling potentially ending their season. Liverpool on the other hand have the Klopp effect but does their team really fill you with confidence that they can get the job done? Klopp will make his mark in the Premier League but only after he brings in his own players. Out of the bunch Spurs are looking the strongest and my money will definitely be on them to finish in the Champions League places for sure.

Now to hope you lot prove me wrong. That’s all for tonight. Feel free to comment on what an oracle I am or how I don’t have a f**king clue. Don’t worry, I read all the comments so your point, whatever it is, will be taken on board.

good news for us.

after our poor defending from crosses.
what the chances west ham will just do crosses to carroll at every chance they get.
Why do you think they play him- for his stunning and visionary passing, amazing ball control and fox in the box, predatory scoring skills?
Carroll is there to lump the ball to all day long, at just above his head height.

Why do you think they play him- for his stunning and visionary passing, amazing ball control and fox in the box, predatory scoring skills?
Carroll is there to lump the ball to all day long, at just above his head height.
no. i meant more that he doesnt always start.
& also if uv seen west ham this season, a lot of there goals had nothing to do with aerial crosses even when carroll has played.
i just meant they will probably focus more on crosses after we were poor against it at the weekend.

calm down mick. i wasnt saying they wouldnt have lumped it to carroll anyway.
just that i reckon they will do it more than usual.

like if a keepers been dodgy from long range shots recently. id say the other team might take more long range shots than normal.
so before u say what do u think the goal is there for? to not shoot at?!!!
i am saying more shots than normal.

Back
Top Bottom